JeepGirl

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby JeepGirl » October 21st, 2006, 6:50 pm

lol @ working..I dont know what I would do if I couldnt check in here as much as I do. I get so much reassurance and happy thoughts here daily and I Love it!

Welp Craig has been gone 4 days now and to be honest I aint been home enough to miss him much(except at night cause our bed sure is lonely!)
I have met pals for dinner and lunch, shopped ALOT, and hung out with the family members too!

I found out about the Joys of DSW and since I have dropped 1/2 shoe size I bought 3 new pair and will be going back this week :lol:

I finalllly made it to 40lbs gone and am jumping for joy!! I was worried about Craig being gone cause I have eat out more but I have also done tons and tons and tons of walking the past few days so I guess the extra exercise has helped!!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Prancer » October 22nd, 2006, 7:32 am

You are almost half way there before Danaig comes home!! By the time he gets back you are going to want to boot his butt back out.

Congratulations again on the 40 club chickie.

I am going to post pictures of the beautiful flowers you sent me!! Now everyone will know how cool you really are!!
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JeepGirl » October 24th, 2006, 6:29 pm

:cry: I want my hubby home!!!
It seems there has been all sorts of things happen since he left and I miss him so much!! I havent slept in 4 days :cry:

But on the bright side.. I am staying onplan which I was worried about so that makes me happy!

I have been some scrapping and I found an actual before photo of me lol I will add it in a few :)
JeepGirl

Postby Elke » October 24th, 2006, 8:05 pm

Don't worry girl, I'm sure he is missing you as much as your missing him. You look great, keep it up!
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » October 24th, 2006, 9:18 pm

Good for you for sticking to it while he's gone! Yet another reason for him to be proud of you!!

So how's your sis doing?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JeepGirl » October 25th, 2006, 8:24 am

She is doing good so far. She hasnt had the rough days but I didnt really either at first. I forgot to ask her if she weighed on Monday :twisted: so I am gonna get on her @ that tonight..and measuring as well!!

Ok lemme tell ya what has happened to me the past few days....

Normally I have NOTHING to do with Craigs animals..well the kids and I are in charge while he is gone. On Friday we feed everything then went to dinner and a movie with some friends. *sidenote--Flicka is such a cute movie and just watching Tim McGraw is worth the admission price*

Anywho---when we got home one of the dogs was out and running around. It was 10:00PM so is was dark..I do not like the dark!! We finally caught him and put him up..when I went to wash my hands ---NO WATER at all came outta the faucet!!! I went to look and had left the hose on after feeding the puppies..the hose doesnt have an end cause basically you stick in the trough and it fills up while ya feed everything.

So the well had run dry!! I proceeded to do what any one would do in this situation.. I laid my head on my desk and had a good cry (elephant tear, chest heaving kinda cry) for @ 20 mins. After freaking my kids out doing that.. I called my friend and she said "Dont' Panic!" well too late for that. But I learned that once everything is cut off the well fills up again very quickly.

The next mornings bath was the best bath of my life!

That was on Friday.

On Sunday morning I got up and was talking to Shay who was here--I happened to look out the window and our Horse was out!!! A huge llimb fell suring the night and knocked down the electric fence. So Shay went to get the horse while I made sure the power was off on the fence.

I had to search for hammer, nails, replacement hooks but after a bit we got it nailed back and turned on again!

Did I mention I am sooo ready for my hubby to come home? :?
JeepGirl

Postby Prancer » October 25th, 2006, 8:24 am

He'll be home soon and you are doing so well keeping it all together while he is gone. A couple more days and he will be back!
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JeepGirl » October 25th, 2006, 8:43 am

Yep I think they are coming on Sat so not too much longer!

I told him what all had happened and he was like " I am so proud of you!" I said well thanks Baby but just so ya know.. I could never make it as a single Mom.. :lol:
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » October 25th, 2006, 9:28 am

Oh, what a week you're having!! But it sounds like you handled everything, so be proud of yourself!!

And here I'm upset because my whole rack of firewood toppled over during the storm last night and I'm going to have to get it back up and restack everything. Or beg someone else to do it. (Anyone in the DFW area want some free firewood???)
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby JeepGirl » October 25th, 2006, 3:15 pm

Yep I think we are gonna make it :)

Ohhh I hate stacking wood too so I dont blame ya for being upset!
It has been in the 20's at night here and highs only in the low 50's...we normally have a fire in the stove but I dont like starting it so I just turned the heat up this week :twisted:
JeepGirl

Postby JeepGirl » November 6th, 2006, 8:43 pm

ok I am logging in here to admit that I have fallen off the wagon slightly.

While I was so excited to finally hit 40 lbs..then I moved past it to 42 lbs but I have had a bad week and when I weighed today I had gained 2 lbs. I have plain and simple been slacking and there is NO excuse for it.

I am starting anew in the morning and I am even going back to the food tracker so that I have to keep track of everything I put in my mouth!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANNOUNCEMENT #1-- My Mom has started MF! She ordered the Month thing and started last Friday! So now it is officially a Family Affair around here woohoooo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANNOUNCEMENT #2 -- My Sis has lost 7.5 pbs in her 2 weeks on MF! YAY!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok and now an NSV for me...
I went to the Journey/Def Leppard concert on Sat evening and bought me some shirts..well I bought XL and when I got back to the seat I held them up they are HUGE! I tried to exchange then but they wouldnt let me so from now on No More XL's EVER!!

Also Craig brought me a fleese jacket in Colorado and he as well is used to me being an XL well ..I can swim in it hhehe I have worn his Large one lots more than mine since he has been home!

I am liking this kinda change for sure!

I have spent a few hours today on here reading up on some posts and praying that it will get me back in the Groove again. I refuse to let myself be a failure at this because I know first hand it can work as long as I work at it!

Also--I have a reward out for my sis Jenn so if anyone sees her please direct her my way :lol:
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » November 6th, 2006, 9:04 pm

Reginia, you can do it!! Especially with your sis AND mom joining in (and your mom may never say it, but she's obviously very impressed with your progress or she wouldn't be starting the program!!).

Maybe revisit the studio to get your inspiration back. Or KimKim was just talking about some books that helped her - "Me on a Diet" was one of 'em. And think about all the reasons you started this in the first place. Heck, just seeing how those XL clothes fit oughta get you back on track!!

A few folks seem to be missing - or very quiet - lately. Maybe it's all the site problems over the weekend.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby JeepGirl » November 6th, 2006, 9:16 pm

It is good to be *Back*

Actually Mom did comment last week when I met her for dinner while Craig was gone and then she asked alot of questions about it. It was still a surprise when she told me she had finished her 1st day! I think we will all be success stories soon!!

I will have to cheack out those books. I do love to read and right now will take inspiration from anywhere!

I was actually not commenting much because I wasnt feeling very good about myself but I am feeling better now so I am sure I will be back alot more!

Yea I noticed the problems lately as well as a few missing persons lol hopefully it will all be back to the regular waves soon!
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » November 6th, 2006, 9:20 pm

That tends to be the case. I always worry about people who stop posting, because frequently it means they're struggling and don't want to say so. I'm glad you're still here!!

And it looks like Jenn reported in, too.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby PJinCali » November 6th, 2006, 10:22 pm

Hi Jeepgirl,

I was having a lot of trouble with motivation and I read "You, on a diet" by Michael Roizen & Mehmet OZ and it has put me totally back on track. I highly recommend this book. It has some great information about why we have the cravings and what happens when we eat. It also talks about what food we should never eat (trans fats and high fructose corn syrup for example) but it is not preachy. The book comes with a DVD with 3 exercise routines (beginner, intermediate and advanced). These two also have a program on the Discovery Health channel but it is not a weekly show. It is called You on a Diet and the first one profiled 4 people. One had been a model who is now a busy single mom of 2, one was a busy married woman who did not have time to eat right and think about herself, and the other two were a father and his 16 year old daughter. It was really informative and since these doctors are not pushing anything but good health it is easy to watch and was very motivating for me.

Good luck! You are doing so great I know you will continue to be successful. I'm cheering you on!

:cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader:

PJ
20#5-21 - 120# forecast 3-3
40#7-09 - 130# forecast 4-2
60#8-31 - 140# forecast 5-2
80#10-22- 150# forecast 6-2
100#12-30 – 160# forecast 7-2
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

PreviousNext