jayzoe

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby bikipatra » January 12th, 2008, 6:51 am

I live in a building so I would use climbing stairs for a few minutes as a distraction. Then 2 glasses of water, one after another.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby jayzoe » January 14th, 2008, 8:34 am

WHY are weekends tougher than weekdays? :lol: Not hugely so, but a bit more difficult. Mostly because my husband is home and we go out and do stuff, which usually involves eating out. I'm quite proud of myself tho, because despite temptations, I ate a wonderful lean and green meal at Macaroni Grill (chicken and vegetables, NO pasta!!!) and also a great salad with chicken on top of it at Quizno's (altho I took away about half the chicken, there was just tooooo much!)

I did snag a bite of chocolate chip cookie *sigh* my son didn't finish his and I USED to eat the whole thing that was left, but this time, I took a bite and then threw it away. So that's better than before, but not great. I'm a work in progress!

I'd like to start exercising this week, s l o w l y to make sure it doesn't sabotage me... I'm also going to clean some more stuff (thanks for the great suggestion! ;) ) and keep distracting myself from those evil cravings...

and now i'm off to the grocery store to buy some yummy lean and green ingredients...
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight -- Proverbs 3:5-6
jayzoe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » January 14th, 2008, 8:49 am

Congrats on the progress with the cookie. On any given day, many of us would have eaten the whole thing! Just be more careful next time. It can be a lesson or not. Your choice. Glad you are shopping for some L&G items. You sound excited about it! Good luck with the exercise. You are wise to start slowly.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Mike » January 14th, 2008, 9:19 am

jayzoe wrote:WHY are weekends tougher than weekdays?

For me its the change in normal routine. I have to remember when to have my medimeals and also, the big thing, is to remember the water.

Keep at it, it becomes a routine eventually.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » January 14th, 2008, 9:37 am

Re: the cookie, it's about progress, not perfection. So I say "good on ya, mate!" (I'm still watching those Biggest Loser: Australia episodes every morning during my workout.)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby jayzoe » January 22nd, 2008, 11:32 am

I found this poem and thought it was a fabulous statement on any kind of addiction, including food:

AUTOBIOGRAPHY IN FIVE SHORT CHAPTERS
by Portia Nelson

I

I walk, down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in
I am lost ... I am helpless
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

II

I walk down the same street.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same place.
but,m it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

III

I walk down the same street
I see it is there.
I still fall in ... it's a habit.
my eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

IV
I walk down the same street.
I walk around it.

V

I walk down another street.

I found that strangely appropriate to my journey here.

I was at a singing conference this weekend and brought along my food. While at a social gathering in the evening, there was TONS of junk food. I brought out my chocolate Medifast bar which I had brought anticipating the junk food and started to eat it. One lady sat by me and asked about it and I told her I brought it so I wouldn't eat the other stuff. She looked at me and said, "And you think that will work?" :x I looked straight at her and said, "YES" and guess what??? it DID work, so there! :lol:

So while I was at the conference, I stayed completely on plan... then I came home and while at a restauarant ate some tortilla chips. *sigh* not as many as I used to, but still... I'm working at staying on plan right now, that's my mini goal for the week, to stay on plan!

As predicted my weight loss slowed down this week, but I'm NOT using it as an excuse to go off plan or get all depressed about it. I WILL SUCCEED THIS TIME!
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight -- Proverbs 3:5-6
jayzoe

Postby Serendipity » January 22nd, 2008, 11:38 am

So, you're only on chapter III of your verse. Soon, you'll be able to say you made it to chapter IV. :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » January 22nd, 2008, 11:56 am

LOVED the way you handled that lady's negative comment! You'll be at chapter 4 before you know'it because hopefully you're starting to be more aware of that BIG HOLE you might fall in again:+)

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! Good luck to you.

Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Mike » January 22nd, 2008, 12:10 pm

Good post. Keep up the good work.

Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby DogMa » January 22nd, 2008, 12:12 pm

I found (and still sometimes find) that my most vulnerable time is often AFTER a big challenge that I'd planned for. Just like you planned for the event and got through it, but then ate the chips afterward. Sometimes it's because it took so much resolve to get through the big event, or sometimes it's because I'm so proud of getting through the event that some part of me thinks I "deserve" to indulge a little after.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bikipatra » January 22nd, 2008, 12:57 pm

They have that poem framed in many detoxes and psych wards I have "visited." I am still hoping to walk down another street. Soon.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby GucciGoo » January 25th, 2008, 9:41 am

DogMa wrote:I found (and still sometimes find) that my most vulnerable time is often AFTER a big challenge that I'd planned for. Just like you planned for the event and got through it, but then ate the chips afterward. Sometimes it's because it took so much resolve to get through the big event, or sometimes it's because I'm so proud of getting through the event that some part of me thinks I "deserve" to indulge a little after.

I agree. There are days (when I am on MF), where I smell my co-workers Chinese food and drool, but I have a bar instead. When I go home, I am so happy that I was good at work, that I reward myself by indulging for dinner.
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » January 25th, 2008, 10:56 am

I agree too:+)

Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby jayzoe » February 4th, 2008, 7:08 am

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD day yesterday, we had a Superbowl party and I made some recipes I've been wanting to try, the rationalization being, "Oh I won't eat the whole thing cuz all the people will eat it and I can just taste it!"

I'm sure you can imagine where this is going.

The little voices started in saying, "Oh just have one bite, one bite won't kill you!" and of course any food addict knows what happens next! So I had a total binge and ate waaaaaaaay too much.

The good thing is that I can see exactly what went wrong and where and exactly what I SHOULD have done in that situation. The bad thing is of course that it happened at all. I gained three pounds and today I feel all kinds of sick.

The question is, do I feel sick because my body is not used to all the salt (chips) fat (hot wings with sauce made of melted butter and Frank's Hot Sauce) and sugar (half a sheet cake--yes, you read that right I ate HALF OF THE SHEET CAKE)? Or did I always used to feel this way after a huge binge but I don't remember feeling so yucky cuz I ALWAYS felt yucky and with MF my stomach never bothers me? Thoughts?

About the cake... I made this sheet cake that I've been wanting to try and I hoped that the company would eat most of it. They ate maybe 1/4 of it, so then my husband says he'll take it to work today. I told him, what a great idea, I'm just going to eat a little bit more and you can have the rest. So he went upstairs and I sat down with the whole cake in front of me and commenced the massive binge and ate half of it. My husband has no idea how much I ate cuz he doesn't pay that much attention, so y'all are the only ones who know how much of it I ate... ugh, it's no wonder I feel sick today!

So anyway, this week is completely back on plan for me, I doubt I'll have any trouble staying on plan after how yucky I feel today!
jayzoe

Postby Mike » February 4th, 2008, 8:09 am

Its okay, yo know where you went wrong and you are hopping back on today. The last thing you want to do is punish yoursefl or fall into those negative pitfalls.
You feel ucky today more than likely due to all the stuff you had yesterday (especially all of those carbs). You're gonna feel ucky for a couple more days as your body gets back into the fat burning state.

Just keep at it, and remind yourself next time, there is no such thins as a small cheat. There are some people who, after having 1 crouton, fall out of the fat burning state. Just stick to the plan and you will reach your goal.

Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal