jayzoe

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby bikipatra » January 9th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Even if for some reason it takes you a few more months to reach goal, it is ALL worth it. Believe me!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby rodeomom » January 9th, 2008, 3:47 pm

Remeber to keep a log of your measurements too. Sometimes, even when the scale indicates a stall or even a gain, you will notice that you are still shrinking. I don't weigh that often, first off - my scale isn't a very reliable one so I weigh at my physical therapists office and I haven't been there since before my surgery, second - I don't need the stress from it. My clothes are getting bigger or I am shrinking one or the other and since I have had to buy smaller clothes I am going to believe that my body is what is changing.

The first three days were my hardest to get through, once I got over the withdrawl from sugar, I was much better. It is important to take time to decide if you are grumpy because you are hungry, because you miss a certain food item or what ever the reason might be. You shouldn't be feeling the hungries as much now since you should be in ketosis by now. If it is a craving, continue that thought - why does that craving make you grumpy? This will all help you when you transition and have to face "normal" foods again.

It is so important to learn all of this now when you are only having to deal with MF foods and a lean and green instead of later when you are choosing more foods.

It does get better and it does get easier.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » January 9th, 2008, 3:53 pm

And what Biki said. I was a very slow loser and it took me forever to reach goal, but it's SO worth it. And in the grand scheme of things, I have enough years ahead of me (I hope) that those extra months won't mean a thing.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby jayzoe » January 9th, 2008, 5:05 pm

thanks for all the great advice! I do need to measure myself, I keep forgetting, but that's a fabulous way to keep track of myself especially when the scale isn't showing anything...

I just sort of arbitrarily set a goal of six months just to see where I'm at in June... I'm not really stuck on "I have to weigh this much by then!!" or for any specific reason, but I do know that I procrastinate something TERRIBLE and if I didn't have at least some sort of timetable, I'd probably just keep going, "Oh I'll start shaking tomorrow"

I do miss exercise a LOT... altho I haven't done it since before the holidays :oops: but I used it in the beginning of my weight loss journey as a way to keep away from food and also to use up all my really neat bath goodies (bubble bars, bath bombs, etc) and I'm kinda antsy without exercising... so since I haven't exercised seriously in a few months and am just getting started with Medifast, I guess I should wait a month or so to start back up? any advice for that? :)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight -- Proverbs 3:5-6
jayzoe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » January 9th, 2008, 5:23 pm

hi jayzoe, i just wanted to add in my experience so far this time (i've restarted many times). I hit a plateau in week 3 and only lost .7 then the next week i only lost .8lbs. This was upsetting at first but i kept plugging along and lost 2.4 then 3.4. I must say that my weightloss varies, even thru remaining compliant. My average loss for the past month is 2.44lbs per week (i use FitDay software). I have realized that as much as i would like to stick to some sort of timetable, my body has different plans so i remain compliant and roll with it. I figure as long as i focus on the bigger picture, i can only get smaller! Now, on to exercise...I think you would be safe doing something light, if your body was used to exercising anyway. If you really miss exercising, just try something easy like walking until you get a few weeks in. Good luck!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » January 9th, 2008, 8:50 pm

TSFL recommends that you start slow with exercise even if you did it before you started the program. Those who are have a regular work out routine are even suggested to cut the time and intesity in half for the first few weeks. Remember you are now consuming way fewer calories than you are used to and your body needs to get used to that. Start out walking for 10 or 15 min a day and build up. Don't just run willy nilly into a major workout routine, you probably won't have the stamina nor the energy to sustain it.
rodeomom

Postby DogMa » January 10th, 2008, 8:50 am

Exactly. I'd start with a walk for a few days, and just see how you're doing after that. If you feel OK and want to do more, then the next week you can increase it a little.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby jayzoe » January 11th, 2008, 8:49 am

Yesterday was mostly better except for some of the commercials on TV which like to tempt me :lol: but I'm taking it one hour at a time, sometimes one minute at a time to overcome my cravings... and I might start with a light workout when I get really bad cravings, cuz that really works for me... usually by the time I finish exercising, I've lost my craving!

I know some weeks will be better than other weeks, so yesterday I took my measurements and will check those on an off week... my pants are already fitting much better! It's amazing how much 7.5 pounds will make in pants that were honestly too tight to begin with :oops:

anywho, another day, more progress, right? :mrgreen:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight -- Proverbs 3:5-6
jayzoe

Postby DogMa » January 11th, 2008, 8:54 am

Good job! I used to distract myself when I got cravings, too. Not with workouts, though, because I was a couch potato. Usually I cleaned my house (which was nice, because I'm also a bit of a slob). My house isn't nearly as neat and clean these days, now that I spend more time cooking and am not dealing with cravings much.

And BTW ... TiVo. Then you can fast-forward through those nasty commercials.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby jayzoe » January 11th, 2008, 1:59 pm

Ooooooo, that's a great idea, I should clean house! Altho it never really gets clean with two kids under 4 and a husband :roll: but still, it keeps me away from food and away from the TV cuz I really tend to snack while watching TV/movies... my brother actually told me that he doesn't eat anything while watching a movie, he says it distracts him... I told him he needed to share with me that little secret, cuz I have trouble watching anything without eating! :oops: :lol:
jayzoe

Postby DogMa » January 11th, 2008, 2:11 pm

Oh, funny, I'm the same way. I'll eat while I watch TV, but not usually during movies. I find it distracting, too.

And yeah, my house never got clean (no kids, but two big dogs and, well, ME) but it got cleanER. It's hard to eat when you're vacuuming (err, not that I've ever tried).

Sugar-free gum is good, too. Or brushing your teeth. Nothing like the taste of mint to keep you from eating anything for a while.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby rodeomom » January 11th, 2008, 2:20 pm

When I was able to, I would take my dog out for a stroll or go out and work in the barn or with one of the horses to get through a craving. That is why I think I am having such a hard time now since I am not a mobile as I was before my surgery.
rodeomom

Postby lifelovinaries » January 11th, 2008, 2:28 pm

DogMa wrote:Oh, funny, I'm the same way. I'll eat while I watch TV, but not usually during movies. I find it distracting, too.

And yeah, my house never got clean (no kids, but two big dogs and, well, ME) but it got cleanER. It's hard to eat when you're vacuuming (err, not that I've ever tried).

Sugar-free gum is good, too. Or brushing your teeth. Nothing like the taste of mint to keep you from eating anything for a while.

now for me, the gum works better than brushing. gum keeps my mouth occupied whereas i was still able to eat a sandwich (or something bread based) after brushing. Can't quite say the cleaning thing works for me either but then again, i don't think i ever really tried...hmmm. There's a thought!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » January 11th, 2008, 2:33 pm

Cleaning is a great way to get some the exercise we need (just don't trip up the steps - um Erica). The key is the distraction. Now that I am getting around on one foot these days, I am using my sewing as a distraction. Since my machine is downstairs and the kitchen is up stairs I REALLY have to be desparate for something to go through the trouble of getting it.
rodeomom

Postby jayzoe » January 11th, 2008, 6:40 pm

I actually have some mouthwash sitting by my kitchen sink and it really works for me. Once I get that "clean mouth" feeling, I'm not tempted to eat more until it's time for my next meal... how odd am I! :lol:

And distraction does work wonders, I've found that I don't eat when I'm on the computer (so this forum is very nice!) and of course I CAN'T eat while I sing and singing is huuuuuuuge for me, so I should just sing while I watch TV I guess *giggle*
jayzoe

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal