Introducing myself/new to the forum

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Introducing myself/new to the forum

Postby healthyhobo » July 30th, 2004, 8:43 am

Hello everyone,

I am Walstreet the Healthy Hobo. I owe my way of life to Take Shape for Life and a dear friend who had the concerns to introduce me to medifast meals. I use to suffer from IBS and acid reflux since my early teens. It was not fun having a glass of orange metamucil before heading off to school or eating a pack of rolaids everyday. But because of the balanced nutrition of TSFL meals no orange sand drinks or chalk is needed. I am 35 years old and my life keeps getting better and better. Now I am on a mission to teach children and their parents about nutrition and disease prevention through my skills as a professional clown and puppeteer. I look forward to learning many great things from all of you here at the forum.
Walstreet the Healthy Hobo
healthyhobo

Postby Simmshe » August 1st, 2004, 9:41 am

Welcome Healthy Hobo :).

Glad to hear how Medifast supplements have greatly improved your health. Did you use Medifast to help with the gastro problems or to lose weight, or both? Nancy wrote about how her husband Terry's acid relux went away very quickly after he started using Medifast, too. This is great to know. These are definitely supplements I plan on implementing into my diet for the rest of my life, not only during weight loss and early maintenance (like I was planning to).

Look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

responding to simmshe

Postby healthyhobo » August 2nd, 2004, 8:47 am

Hi Simmshe,

I actually got on medifast because my friend Roger had lost the weight. I wasn't looking to lose weight, nor did I know at the time that the food from medifast would help my gastro challenges. He just kept saying how good the food was. It only took me nine months to try to food. Slow learner. But I used the Take Shape shakes and the lemon crunch bars for my meals. I was a janitor at the time and was burning a lot of calories but still had health problems because I was eating the wrong kind of food and not eating often enough.

I look forward to talking to as many people as possible about the great program from Take Shape for Life and their food. I am a professional clown and there are a lot of overweight clowns. Plus I want to get into schools teaching about nutrtion and disease prevention.

Sincerely, Walstreet the Healthy Hobo
Walstreet the Healthy Hobo
healthyhobo

Postby Nancy » August 3rd, 2004, 1:26 am

Hi, Walstreet!

As a former elementary school teacher, I certainly know the advantages of having a Healthy Hobo come to class to teach kids about nutrition and better food choices. How fun to learn from a clown!

Many people NEED the nutritious advantage of consuming Medifast products not necessarily for weight loss but rather to provide healthy alternatives to the fast fatty foods folks typically gravitate towards!

Many of our clients absolutely do not need to lose weight but they DO need healthy foods. Our products are considered to be pharmaceutical grade foods - all are manufactured in an FDA inspected facility. As you know, I just got back from Baltimore and I went to Owings Mills, Maryland and toured the facility. Terry and I (and everyone else!) wore those adorable little shower cap affairs and footsy covers on our tour to ensure that toe hairs did not invade the food products! No photographs were permitted inside the plant...Once I get our photos sorted out, I'll have Unca post our shower cap picture for you!

Anyhoo, the Medifast products are excellent food choices for improved health. IMHO, it is always preferable to "nutra-ceutically" approach health care and problems rather than treat tgen pharmaceutically.

Welcome to our forum, Kiddo!
;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.