Hyperion's just before latest pics

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Postby Marseilles » March 20th, 2006, 6:12 am

Hype, you look FABULOUS! I love seeing the success stories, they are so very inspirational! Please keep us updated with regards to your journey through transition and into maintenance? I'd love to read along as you make the trip, it'll be very educational for those of us that follow your path!

Cheers!
-M.
:)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Trixie » March 20th, 2006, 6:15 am

Hype you look incredible. You were already handsome in your before photos but now you are even more so! Besides how great you look on the outside we all know from your posts that you have a warm and caring heart. Thanks for sharing your photos with us. You are an incredible inspiration!

Keep us posted as you reach your goal and transition into maintenance.

Trixie

Ps. Lovely family too!!
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Hyperion » March 20th, 2006, 9:22 am

Guys, thank you so much for your support!!

This feeling, just can't get enough... Nothing tastes as good as thin feels... Never ever fully understood that statement until today!

I am at goal, warmer days are coming, time for pools, outside life, and I gave myself this gift!

Don't worry people, I will continue to post here, I hope my story may help other people here!

On another side note, I will spread the word about MediFast... NO ONE knows about MediFast in there... Even doctors... they know about VLCDs, but not about MediFast....

I am gonna become the official Québec's Medifast Messiah! Haha!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Great Job

Postby Jan » March 20th, 2006, 10:57 am

Hi there Hyperion,
You look wonderful and you've done great. The best part of your post for me though was when you said "you gave yourself a gift". :D You did -- you did something for you that no one else could do. You parted with the pounds and greatly lessened your chances of of getting several diseases. I am sooo proud of you!!! :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Dayna » March 20th, 2006, 10:59 am

You look fantastic! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Tell your girlfriend that we were happy to see her picture, too. :D

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lauren » March 20th, 2006, 11:20 am

My god, Hype, I am just so friggin' excited for you, and THRILLED to see your gorgeous girlfriend!

I feel like we traveled much of this journey together, having started about the same time, and it is just so amazing to have watched you succeed. You have been a tremendous support to everyone here, and I appreciate all your kindness and insight.

You and your girlfriend and your "babies" make a beautiful family, please tell her she better keep treating you right, because you've got hundreds of women down here in the states who adore you! :-)

You look AMAZING, so keep patting yourself on the back and remind yourself that you deserve this.

Two questions: 1) Has that guy from your office backed off, and realized that you found the right way to lose weight? (remember, he told you just to play some sports, right?)

1)Has your mom jumped on board at all, or gotten some clarity into her situation?

Hope both answers are YES, YES, YES!

All my best to you and your girlfriend...you deserve it!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Hyperion » March 20th, 2006, 11:35 am

Eh Lauren,

Yeah we've been through this together all along, and I must say you were of great help when I needed support! :D Part of this success is yours! As from yourself, hey you're in the 70#s club! That is amazing :D

To answer your questions:

1. Yes he did! Didn't tell me he was sorry (not his type), but he definitely recognizes his mistake. Guess he could have been more delicate, but I'm pretty sure he learned something from my experience :)

2. Bad part, no she didn't... Of course, she's really proud of me, but it seems like she doesn't want to do the effort for herself. She was supposed to go to some kind of clinic, but instead she just took the flyer and told me she was taking care of what she ate... And last times I went home without warning, I indeed found some brown bread instead of enriched white one... However, I found some fast foods on the table, chips, etc... Oh well, what's a guy to do? :roll: :roll: Maybe I will try to sit with her and convince her to try MF, once again I dunno if it will work or if I'll just get the usual "I'm your mother, I don't need you to help me" speech :?

Anyway, I was expecting that from the beginning. That's why I decided to concentrate only on myself, and it did work!

My success, her failure... If she accepts my help for once, maybe she'll go through it, with some will... Until then, let's not do the same mistake as my mother did, because I can ensure you she's not happy with it! I'm sure you can figure it out, we all had our time when we were desperated with our (past) weight!
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion

Postby Lauren » March 20th, 2006, 11:49 am

Thanks, Hype, I am loving the diet as much as you, and I would shout it from the rooftops if I thought it would make a difference!

It's great to hear that the guy from work took notice, and I didn't expect him to be delicate - that wasn't his style then, and it's not likely now! Besides, men tend to be, well, less delicate! :-) You are an unlikely one who has pretty darn good self-awareness and the ability to soften the edges...I, unfortunately, tend to talk more like a guy, and can be pretty blunt! Heh, maybe that's why we made a good team!

I am sorry to hear your mom hasn't jumped on board, but you're right, you knew it wasn't promising - she's been pretty stubborn. I suspect she's just so jaded from her lifelong struggles, that she can't wrap her head around the possibility of being successful. So, she gave up.

Just like we discussed months ago, there's nothing you can do to help her if she's not willing to help herself. I will say, though, that whether or not she admits it, your mom is secretly thrilled that you have lost the weight - and it will continue to bring her great joy (whether publicly or privately) that you have a new lease on life and are so jubilant!

Anyway, I still have a while to go before I'm at goal, so I hope you plan on sticking around and checking in periodically - need you here!

Ciao for now, Skinny!

Lauren
Lauren

Postby MusicalMomma » March 20th, 2006, 11:58 am

WOW HYPE!!!! :shock: I have to squint just to see you!!! You're so slim!!!!! You and your girlfriend make a very good looking couple (love the kitty too). You are an inspiration to us all!!!!!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » March 20th, 2006, 11:59 am

Hyperion ~

You :shock: look wonderful and obviously you :boing: feel fabulous, too! You have :hi5: accomplished a great thing for yourself and we are so pleased for your success.

:hmmm: Your girlfriend and family (furry and otherwise) will enjoy you longer as a result of your commitment to improve your health.

It is interesting that others observe our weight loss journey and yet fail to follow in our footsteps. Sometimes it takes time for them to :scratch: decide to give it a whirl for themselves.

They may feel helpless and powerless to begin - I know how that feels; been there, done that...my own brother watched me lose the lardage and then watched me maintain my weight for well over a year before he got on the weight loss wagon.

He lost 92 pounds, got off of his medication for hypertension (he had high BP and been on prescription drugs for it for over 20 years...). We cannot lose it for others; we cannot make them desire to lose weight. All we can do is to live a life of example, be ready to provide an answer should they ever ask and then encourage them along the road to improved health.

:secret: Hype's Girlfriend ~ we are :bow: thankful that you have been an encouragement and a support to Hype during his weight loss journey. We know that you have also worked on improving your own health, changed your meal plan and we are happy for your success as well.

Together, may you enjoy many years of health and happiness!
:stroll:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Loribug » March 20th, 2006, 8:02 pm

You do look fabulous! As to your mother, you know as well as I do, If you are not committed to this program it won't work. Sounds like Mom is not too enthused.
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Way to Go!

Postby lan » March 26th, 2006, 6:09 pm

Good for you, Hyperion!

You have made it. Great Work!

I hope we all can get to our goal and have the feeling of it. It is just a matter of staying with this program.

Lan
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

lan
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Previous

Return to Studio