Hyperion's updated pics!

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Postby Hyperion » January 11th, 2006, 1:21 pm

Lauren,

Thanks for the compliments. I don't think I deserve them so much :lol: :lol:

But you are right. Having to deal at a young age with those problems is a way to look at life differently from what society uses us to.

Each one here can probably affirm it. We understand each other's struggling as if it was our own. May we be from the south, the north, the west or the east, may we be black, white, yellow, green (after some cottage cheese :mrgreen: ), we have something in common that empowers us to be completely empathic to each other. Even the language barrier that I have with you doesn't stop me.

There is one thing that is not talked a lot here, or on whatever support group for weight issues. It is the fact that we are much more enclined to understand that people have demons, may it be food, drugs, alcohol, etc... Having a problem ourself, and being on the way to deal with it, it gives us that "energy" needed to help others.

Do you ever have the feeling that when we talk to each other, it's not just a "you can do it!" mindless speech, automated answer programmed as there is in so many of our friends, family, etc... Why? Because we are beyond the "polite" thinking, we are able to touch each other's feelings. That is the kind of thing this group is able of.

Being described as wise beyond my years, and more empathetic than people my age is really a nice compliment, and this is the only thing I wanna bring with me on my journey to Thinsville. No more shame, no more excuses for not going out, no more pigging, but that ability I developed (and that you all did), I want to bring it with me.

For my mom, which has the same problem, I would only describe her attitude as the fact that maybe the demons have overtaken her... You know, my grand-mother is not the easiest one on earth, she is thin (former obese) and all her sisters/brothers too, and she never accepted that she gained weight. The two of 'em don't have a good relation, and I guess my mother think I'm gonna maybe become like them (arrogant) if I lose my weight. I'm just gonna show her I will be the same, but in a better version; with better self-confidence, more equipped to help!

Hehe, in my whole life, I guess the two domains in which I had the most problems were my weight (big one on the T-O-P), and my relations with my mother... Maybe some day, me or my brother or my father, we'll be able to crack open her 35-year old thick shell she used to hide in. I did break mine, but hers seems to be much thicker....

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels, it's so true. I wanna share that with all those who struggle the way I did (and still does a liiiiiitle, but not for long!!)

Off my soapbox now, lol :roll: :roll: :roll:
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby cydj21 » January 15th, 2006, 8:08 pm

Goodness, gracious. Everyone is right. You look amazing! What an inspiration you are....truly an inspiration.

From what I can tell about you so far, you have a heart of gold. Big, skinny or in between, it is completely irelevant because you are a great person. Keep up the good work and make sure to check in often and continue to spread you words of wisdom. :D
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby lan » February 27th, 2006, 8:52 pm

Hi Hyperion,
I have not been on the board in a while. I cannot wait to see your new pics. When will you post them? I see you have lost more since this one at 38 pounds.
Lan
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

lan
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Previous

Return to Studio