Husband/wife team

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Husband/wife team

Postby Hoosierdaddy » September 20th, 2007, 7:38 am

Hi everyone! I have been trying to post for a few months, but my posts haven't shown up! My husband and I are doing MF, and we've had great success. If this posts shows up, I'll be back later to do a proper introduction.
Hoosierdaddy

It's going to work

Postby Guest » September 20th, 2007, 9:19 am

Oh good, my post showed up! I'm not sure what I was doing wrong before, but it looks like I've got it figured out now.

My husband and I both started MF on June 3rd of this year. He wants to lose around 80lbs. He has already lost nearly 50lbs! He loves MF, and this has been the easiest diet for him to follow, and believe me, he's tried them all over the years. He started the diet with some back issues from an injury, and he still hasn't started to exercise, as of yet. He's going through a plateau right now, and I think the exercise will help, and we have complete faith in MF.

As for me, well, I don't use the scale at all. I haven't weighed myself in over a year. I didn't have to see the numbers to know that I had went up about 4 sizes. I decided to not use the scale because I knew that I wouldn't loose as fast as my husband (and he's obsessed with the scale), and I didn't want to make the comparisons. Instead, I use my clothes as a measuring guide, and I'm very close to where I want to be. I know from past experience that I've probably already lost around 30 lbs, with a goal of another ten lbs. before I'm where I want to be. I know this is probably the wrong approach, but I knew that I was staying on the program and doing the right things, so I just had faith in my way. Of course, I'm going to have to start weighing myself in order to maintain my weight, so at that time, I'll be jumping on the scale every few days.

Anyway, this is a great site and I love ready all the posts from everyone. I really, really like MF, and I've recommended it to some of my friends and now they are using it. My husband and I know that at our age, we do not want to go through losing weight again, so this time we are determinded to make this stick! I was always a skinny person until I was well into my 30's, so gaining weight has been something that has really bothered me.

A little more about us, we love the lake, we love to go on cruises and we have two adult children. One of them works for my husband, and the other one is in law school. We have two OLD dogs and two OLD cats. My husband likes to golf and we both enjoy watching sports and we love to go out dancing.

Postby aquarianskye » September 20th, 2007, 10:08 am

Welcome aboard! I'm a former hoosier! Nice to meet you both and congrats on your weight loss so far!

Skye
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby BabyTrace » September 20th, 2007, 10:29 am

Hello and welcome! :wave:

I see nothing wrong with the way you are measuring your progress. I'm sure lots of us here wouldn't mind breaking our addictions to the scale. ;)

Congratulations to you both on a great start! Looking forward to hearing more as your progress.

Tracy
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Signladytf » September 20th, 2007, 11:07 am

Welcome! Good to see another Husband/Wife team working the program together! There are several of us around....

Glad you're here!
Tammy
402/337/125
(-65!)
Restarted 8/27/2007

Signladytf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Postby Hoosierdaddy » September 20th, 2007, 1:29 pm

Skye,
That's neat that you are a former hoosier! You probably know that we hoosiers really like our food! :lol: It's seems like we are always on someone's list as being the "fattest" city, state, whatever...I sure hope my husband and I can help turn that around!

Tracy,
That's nice to hear that someone doesn't think that I am totally bonkers for avoiding the scale so far. I just know that I've stayed really motivated and that if I've had any plateaus (I'm sure I have) I've been blissfully unaware. I just keep plodding along, doing the program and exercising 5 days a week. The weight is coming off and I feel great!

Signlady,

It's great when a husband and wife do this program together. We really support each other and it helps to keep the bad food out of the house. My husband has come up with some fun recipes for his shakes, and he's really good at making me these huge diet cream soda/shakes. He gets so excited whenever I can wear something new or smaller. He's looking so much younger too!
Hoosierdaddy

Postby nickieluv » September 20th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Hey, I want to know about these diet cream soda/shakes! Sounds delicious! I don't really do the shakes much anymore but I might with a recipe like that. :lol:

Mostly I popped in because I just 'got' your screen name double entendre - hoosierdaddy and who's your daddy! I love Toby Keith and that just cracked me up.

Welcome and I love that you are able to stay off the scale and be 'blissfully unaware' of any plateaus. I can't avoid that piece of plastic and if only I could have your kind of peace about it....
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » September 20th, 2007, 4:51 pm

Welcome and congrats. :mrgreen:

My wife and I are a team as well, and there are a few others on the forum.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » September 20th, 2007, 8:14 pm

:wave: WELCOME TO YOU BOTH!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Good morning!

Postby Hoosierdaddy » September 21st, 2007, 5:44 am

Nickie,
My husband is the expert on those shakes, so I'll try to get him to stop in and give a better explanation. Basically, he mixes diet creme soda with the various shakes, adds ice, uses the blender, and sometimes other flavoring and we end up getting two huge, tasty shakes out of one MF shake. They really are filling and sweet! Nickie, I've been reading about your weight loss and you have really done well! Lol, I'm glad that you like 'our' screen name. When my husband posts, it will probably make more sense. Oh, we love Toby Keith too! We stopped at his restaurant/ bar in Vegas and had so much fun!

Mike, I've also been reading your posts, and they are always inspiring and informative. Does your wife post too? I just really feel lucky that my husband has embraced the MF as much as I have. It's really been perfect for us. We actually just went to Vegas for 4 days and we didn't gain any weight! I haven't had any cravings for so long, and I have been feeling so calm on this diet. It's amazing that we sometimes have to force ourselves to eat that 5th MF meal.

Hulagirl,
Thank you for the welcome! I haven't been to Hawaii yet, but we will be going there in the next few years. I will be even happier to know that when we do go, we will be in better shape!

It's going to be 90 degrees here today, so we are heading to the lake later today. We will be back on Monday, so I won't be able to check the boards until then. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Hoosierdaddy

Postby Nancy » September 21st, 2007, 1:33 pm

Congratulations to you both for your success. The Program rocks :git: - maybe not as much as Toby Keith (!);
it pleases me to read that you guys have decided this is the last time you want to deal with weight loss - you are learning the things during weight loss now that will enable you to manage your weight permanently
if you continue to practice them most every day for the rest of your days!

It’s cools you and your family have been together for a long while and that you work together well.

Having a great support team makes the journey fun and it seems a bit easier when you have someone to pick ya up and dust ya off if you slip and you also have people to celebrate with! :coolnana:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Mike » September 21st, 2007, 4:36 pm

Nancy wrote:The Program rocks :git: - maybe not as much as Toby Keith (!);

I thought he was country? :scratch: :idontknow:

I do know that the Def Leppard/Styx/Foreigher concert we saw last Friday did rock. :yourock: :kool: :yeah:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Lizabette » September 21st, 2007, 8:36 pm

Welcome, HOOSIERS.
It sounds like you are doing the right things, and you're seeing great results.
Congrats on choosing the 'best' and 'easiest' way to lose that weight and get healthy at the same time!
I love the way you are working together as a team on this exciting journey!
I'd also love to see some before pics and avatars to make it complete.
WTG!
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » September 22nd, 2007, 3:03 am

Lizabette wrote:I'd also love to see some before pics and avatars to make it complete.
WTG![/color][/b]

YEAH! We want pics!!!! All these people have seen me half naked, including a 233 midrift shot, so you can stand to post a few fully clothed! It won't hurt!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby nickieluv » September 22nd, 2007, 7:14 am

Mike wrote:
Nancy wrote:The Program rocks :git: - maybe not as much as Toby Keith (!);

I thought he was country? :scratch: :idontknow:

I do know that the Def Leppard/Styx/Foreigher concert we saw last Friday did rock. :yourock: :kool: :yeah:

He's the new country - which does, occasionally, rock. Never thought I'd say that about country but....
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.