My Wife is Funnier than Me.....

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

My Wife is Funnier than Me.....

Postby Dean0408 » May 11th, 2005, 8:25 am

My wife Heidi does not have the time to post much on the forum. She is just too darn busy........working full time and taking enough classes at night at Cal State to be considered a full time student. Work, class, homework......work, class, homework ......consumes all her time these days. She is also an honor student maintaining a 3.9 GPA.

In one respect, her not being here helps me. I try to be funny in my posts......but Heidi always has me beat regarding humor. We crack each other up on a daily basis.

Here is an example of how her mind works.

We have some good friends who are now in their mid-thirties. (all our friends tend to be way younger than us for some reason...well, way younger than me at any rate) They were real jet setters.......with no children. They had intended on not having children......so they could just pick up and go at the drop of a hat. They used to go to the neatest places ......just for a few days.......Tahiti, Mexican Riviera, Jamaica.........Hawaii.......it seemed like they were going somewhere almost monthly.

Well, all of a sudden they decided to have a baby. It took us by surprise, but.....lo and behold our friends are having a baby in August. It will be a boy. By the way, the mom to be is barely showing at this point. She was a real stickler for staying in shape, watching what she eats and exercising to the point that some would call "fanatical". She works about 10 miles from her home and most of the time, rides a BIKE to and from work. She could indeed be called a true "hard body". (I mention this because it just proves that if you have the determination to stay in shape, you CAN)

But, I digress..........This couple made a website for the upcoming event. The site includes various things..........even pictures and a VIDEO of the sonograms taken of the baby. (to me, it looked like a scene from one of the "Alien" movies).

They also have a section where you can make NAME SUGGESTIONS for the baby boy to be.

Their last name is FINCHER, pronounced just as it looks. Heidi immediately decided to submit a name.

Her entry?

DOBERMAN!!!!

This cracked me up..........can you imagine someone named DOBERMAN FINCHER???

Anyhow......Heidi is funnier than I am...........AND.........she has lost 30 pounds so far. This is just one more thing (there are thousands) about her that makes me proud.

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 11th, 2005, 9:04 am

Dean.....I admire Heidi's drive........full time work....and then school & homework..... :puter: .....and honor student....... :clap: ....that is much to be admired.... :yeah: ....she is certainly no couch potato... :no: .... not gonna find her there........ :couch:......(was dying to use that emoticon!) ..anyway it's nice to see you are proud of her and you have good reason to be................ :thumbup: .....so being an honor student.... :?: ......would that put her on DEAN"S list............. :laughlaugh:
dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 11th, 2005, 9:52 am

Dean~~your wife sounds like such a special person. Wow.....she really is busy. I remember how hard it was when I was working on my Master's to come to school every day, go to school nearly every night, try to keep up with grading papers, doing homework, and raising 2 small children (they were small then). I could not have done it without my DH. I am sure Heidi would say the same about you. I am sure she appreciates all the support you give her. Tell her to hang in there, it does eventually lighten up.

You are both wonderful in my book. :pagesturn:

You two must crack each other up constantly. :hatch: What a pair! :stroll: Make sure she knows that when we are responding to you, we are responding to her too. I don't want her to feel left out.

Oh, and tell her weigh to go on losing 30#. That is awesome. :kool:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Return to Weight Loss