Shocked My Wife

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Shocked My Wife

Postby big ron » September 24th, 2007, 7:12 pm

My wife walks every day twice a day with our Dog and I havent walked with her for a long time. Tonight I felt so good I went for a walk with her. I couldn't keep up with her but she kept stopping for me. I was wiped out as it is still hot here 90's but feel good. Funny thing the dog didnt know what to think and wanted to look back at me. I hope my motivation lasts a while as it feels good. I have been on Medifast many times and always got off plan and it was the hardest time this time to get in the groove but I havent been cheating yet like I have in the past. I think the difference is I am truely taking it day by day and when I feel like cheating I have talked myself out for the day. We can do anything for a day right??
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Tawanda » September 24th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Good for you Ron!! You are making such great healthy and positive changes. You'll be keeping up with her soon! :D
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mike » September 24th, 2007, 8:52 pm

Hang in there Ron and you will be passing me up soon. I need to follow that motivation as you are. ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby big ron » September 25th, 2007, 9:16 am

Tawanda wrote:Good for you Ron!! You are making such great healthy and positive changes. You'll be keeping up with her soon! :D

I dont know if I will ever keep up with her she is like the energizer bunny. She works in the yard and never takes a break too much energy. I am looking forward to more energy that will be coming as I move through the program.
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron

Postby big ron » September 25th, 2007, 9:22 am

Mike wrote:Hang in there Ron and you will be passing me up soon. I need to follow that motivation as you are. ;)

Mike you are an inspiration to me as well as the other guys that have lost much weight as I can relate. You too are a big guy and to see your transformation in your pics is great. I saw the recent pics in your journal at the TSFL seminar and you look great. I was too contemplating Gastric Bypass but after investigating and knowing too many people who have had complications and also died as well as those who gained back weight forget it. It comes down to making the conscience decision that we will ALWAYS have to be mindful to our food intake and speaking for myself I will have to stay away from certain foods.
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron

Postby DogMa » September 26th, 2007, 3:24 pm

Ron, I just wanted to urge you to keep up with the walking. Exercise can make a huge different in keeping you motivated. At least in my case, it is a daily (or usually two- or three-times-daily) reminder of how hard I've worked to get where I am and how upsetting it would be to slip back into old habits. (Umm, yeah, and how good it feels to exercise, too. Or at least how good it feels once I'm done.)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Re: Shocked My Wife

Postby DonnaS » September 27th, 2007, 7:19 am

big ron wrote:My wife walks every day twice a day with our Dog and I havent walked with her for a long time. Tonight I felt so good I went for a walk with her. I couldn't keep up with her but she kept stopping for me. I was wiped out as it is still hot here 90's but feel good.

I have just started back walking again Ron and it feels so good afterwards. I also live in Texas and will not walk in the evenings at all until it cools down. I enjoy going out to the track early in the mornings and hope to make it a daily ritual; it's so much cooler in the mornings.
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room