Official member of the team?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Official member of the team?

Postby pinkgeek » March 21st, 2004, 1:14 pm

Hi Team Medifast!

Today is my first official day. I actually had my supplies to start yesterday, but something inside of me wasn't quite ready. So I got up early this morning and drank my first shake at 7:30. I figured I would be a huge fan of the Vanilla, and I gotta tell you Mike, I was suprised that my second shake (DUTCH CHOCOLATE) tasted much better. So my husband got up around 10 and I told him all about it (thanks for the advice Jeanette). His knee-jerk reaction was, "that won't last long." I started crying ohhh :( But, in defense of my husband, he didn't mean it. He is terribly supportive of everything I do and he just wants to see me succeed. His comment was probably in response to the number of times I have tried something new, spent too much money, and gotten both of our hopes up only to quit in a few days. I showed him all of the items that came in the starter kit and explained how the program works, at least as much as I understand at this point. I also showed him this site and some of your pictures. So far, the water has not been an issue. I have already had 51oz and it's only 2pm. I have had a bit of hunger but nothing like starvation and I'm going to die kind of hunger. It's pretty easy to make the shakes last 15 minutes as the quick guide recommends, but I was concerned about the bars...seems pretty easy to woof them down huh? So, I jumped on here in an effort to nibble. It worked :) You guys were helping me and didn't even know it. Thank you! So I'm still a bit nervous about succeeding, it is the first day after all. So far, I'm taking it easy watching the home improvement shows today and keeping my water and supplements close. Hopefully I will get to the point where I can join my husband and friends for dinner and just explain that I am there for the company only. I really hope I have the willpower to stay on the diet. Medifast sure does take the guess work out of dieting and that is one of the reasons I was drawn to it. I also have a few questions about the "snacks." Do many of you use the buillon or pickles? Also, how many servings can you have a day? Does it matter what brand you use? I love soup and have ordered some of the soups to try as part of the plan, but bouillon sounds just yummy. Thank you again for the forum and I wish all of you (and me) very well.

(sorry for the book)
~Angela
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby TamiL » March 21st, 2004, 1:54 pm

Hi Angela..and welcome to the Forum!!
You mentioned in your post that you have tried so many other programs..and have failed...well you have come to the right place!! I have been on just about every Diet ever written...started and stopped...said the "next week Ill do this" "next month" "ill start on monday" stuff countless times!!
but when I started Medifasting..I knew this was the answer for me!! If you are faithful to the program...you will succeed!!
I chuckled to myself when you wrote about the bars!! only because I had a wild fling with them one night...and never looked back!! I ate a whole box and a half (almost 2 boxes) of bars on a BINGE..my one and only binge I have had since starting medifast...and that showed me that I could not have the bars in my house...they are like candy to me..and I want more of them once I have one!! so I generally use 3 shakes a day..and 2 other supplements...soup or chili...or sometimes I do 5 shakes..or sometimes I eat a lean/green meal..whatever works best for me that day!
if you go to the "frequently asked questions" topic..you will see listed FREE foods you can have...I dont consider them free..cuz everything has calories and carbs!! but for me...I allow myself 2 cups of boullion a day if I need it...and 2 pickels a day ( I get the mini pickles)..I eat sugar free Jello if I crave something sweet...and I use the HERB*OX brand of bullion only cuz I wish to cut down on my sugar intake....I never realized before Medifast that Boullion had sugar in it!!
The first few weeks were a bit rough on me...but after that...this becomes a way of life!! my shakes are delicious...I have learned to spruce them up some!! the soups are great (cream of broccoli is my favorite!) and the chili is awesome..I add extra spice to mine..with a bag of medifast crackers..and its great!
there are alot of different Ideas for the supplements floating around the previous posts on the forum!!
so HAPPY SHAKIN to you...and welcome. We are all here for you....
post alot...read alot of posts...and stay focused on what you want...always keep in mind your goals...burn a picture of what you want to look like in your mind..and see it every day...
Nothing can taste as good as looking and feeling good about yourself feels!! NOTHING!!!
goodluck....shake on! :-P
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby susan » March 21st, 2004, 2:27 pm

welcome Angela,
tammi said it all but this is a great program I couldn;t do without the bars I have 1 everday with a cup of hot tea ,I drank 2 cups of bouillion a day 1 in the morn and 1 in the eveing I have been on for 5 1/2 months and have lost 53# not as much or as fast as some are losing but I am losing the first time in all the years that I found something that works and that I can do .you can do this.
Susan
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.