Hurricane Worries

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Hurricane Worries

Postby bella14 » August 27th, 2005, 5:37 pm

This is has been my first week on MF and so far I have done very well. I feel great and I know that I have lost some weight. However, at this moment I am feeling very stressed out. I live in Pensacola and although it looks as if we might miss this storm I have a sister that lives in New Orleans. She owns a shop in the Quarter. Things in town have been a little hectic yesterday and today with everyone knowing that we are no where near recovered from Ivan, then Dennis. I am very worried for my sister. Although she has evacuated she realizes that if the storm hits New Orleans she will likely loose her shop. In town a lot of people just feel discouraged and tired of boarding up. I know that 2 weeks after Dennis I went to 7 gas stations before I found one that actually had gas. We already have a lot of stations in town that are out of gas.

I know that this post doesn't say much about my weight loss, but I am trying hard not to go to Wendy's and get a huge cheeseburger. In my mind and in my heart I know that I will feel so much better in the morning if I just don't do that. It is just that old habits are hard to break and when I'm stressed out nothing sounds better to me than a cheeseburger. However, I have drank all of my water and followed the program to the T today. I made myself some of the chocolate pudding and that seemed to help with my cravings. I am sorry to sound so down. I am excited about medifast and I know that I feel better now than what I would if I pigged out on unhealthy choices.

Thanks for listening to me groan. I do know that God has blessed me with so much and that I have many things to be thankful for. Please remember everyone in New Orleans and the surrounding areas in y'all's prayers.

Kim
bella14
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby fatfree » August 27th, 2005, 8:17 pm

bella14
Hi! You did the right thing by coming to the forum when you are having this munchy feelin! I too feel sort of subconsiously think that food will help my problems be a little easier to endure......but you know what? Indulging in a cheeseburger probably will just end up making you feel worse! It sounds like you have been doing real good on the program and if you cave in and eat the cheeseburger you are more than likely going to have to endure the hungries until you get back in ketosis, and that aint no fun!!! I dont know how you feel living in the area with all that dreadfull weather ( We only usually get LOTS of sun and high temps here in New Mexico) But I sure can understand you feeling overwhelmed and worried!!! I hope the storm passes you up with no damage! Keep on doing what your doing as far as the program goes, YOUR DOING GREAT !! And I am pround of you! You wiil succeed :bighug:
Shelley
RESTARTED MAY 1, 2006

fatfree
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby martha » August 27th, 2005, 11:35 pm

Bella14-

I will keep your sister in my prayers with the storm..I have all of my family in Louisiana ..so I know how you feel about it.. Half are from the n.Orleans area and around it.. we live 30 miles north of mississippi coastline and are in the path also..i was born and raised in N.orleans area on the westbank mostly right off canal street ferry line in Algiers.. I know N.Orleans will get alot of water out of this but wanted you to know I will keep you and your family in my prayers..My brother lives in Fla and got hit 3 times last year..He is around Winterhaven-tampa areas.. I for one will be glad when this years hurricane season is OVER>> I also am fighting the do not eat moods with this storm and feeling bad about it this week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hurricane Worries

Postby bella14 » August 28th, 2005, 6:41 am

Thanks so much for y'all's encouragement. I did not go to Wendy's. I ended up drinking a little bit more water and holding out until time to go to bed. I feel much better this morning knowing that I did not give in to temptation.

My sister called this morning and although they had evacuated a little north into Mississippi, they were going to come on here. We are still making the decision on whether or not we are going to evacuate east or not. I live about 15 minutes from Gulf Shores, AL. That is the place that they are already showing the wave action. I know that even if we only get Cat 1 force winds they will ask me to evacuate due to how low and close to the water we are. Trust me, they won't have to ask twice. Thanks for remembering us and I will do the same for you. My sister has been up all night and when I talked to her this morning she was crying. Having grown up in Pensacola all of our lives we have been through some hurrincanes, however nothing this size. She knows to take them seriously and she also knows first hand the destruction that comes with them.

One other notes - I am down 5 lbs. total for the week. Thank goodness I did not have that cheeseburger!!!

Kim
bella14

Postby Ash's mom » August 30th, 2005, 12:18 pm

Hi Kim.....

Just checking in to see how you and your family are doing. I think we now know the severity of the situation in the Gulf coast but not fully how to comprehend it. I have been thinking of you and your sister and our dear Martha and wondering how you all are doing. I've been glued to the TV trying to see if there is any relief in site. I'm now in Texas but grew up in Louisiana and still consider this my home and my family is still there.

I hope you and yours are safe and will be able to move forward with God's help. I offer my prayers for you and your family at this very tenuous time.

-Heather
Ash's mom
Regular Member - #20 Club

Emotional Issues

Postby Jan » August 31st, 2005, 11:32 am

Hi there,
I am so proud of you for not heading off for the cheeseburger. We all struggle with the emotional issues of life -- but all this is so very different.. We are talking truly life changing and life and death issues here. I can't tell you that I wouldn't be heading off for the cheeseburger. All I can say is that we both know it wouldn't help. I'll keep you in my prayers as well as your sister and all the others. Please keep in touch and let us know how everyone is doing. We care!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby bella14 » September 1st, 2005, 9:27 am

Thanks so much for y'all's concern. My sister is currently here. I think that she is truly in a state of shock. She is trying to face the reality that she will not have anything to go back to. We talked about it and she knows that even if by some small chance her store was initially spared, she will not be able to return to the city for a long time. She had only lived in her new apartment for about 3 weeks, so her renter's insurance was not effective. She is trying to make some decisions on where to go from here. She contacted FEMA, but they told her that it would be atleast two weeks until she could even get an application. I know that FEMA is doing everything that it can, it is just an overwhelming situation. I work for a hospital and we are probably going to get some crews together to atleast go to Mississippi. I think that at this time our hospital feels that it is too dangerous to try and go to New Orleans. Please keep us in your prayers. I know that it will somehow work out, but right now it just seems impossible, like you don't even know where to start. Even a couple miles from where I live experienced some flooding and we had power outages all over the city. I can not imagine how the others are making it.

On a good note, I have done very well on my plan and have been compliant, which has been a struggle some days. I always wake up the next morning and feel an overwhelming sense of accomplishment for not giving up!!! Thanks so much for everyone's support!! It kind of gives me a reason to be good, because Sunday weigh in is coming up!!!

Kim
bella14

Postby Nancy » September 7th, 2005, 2:08 pm

bella ~

Just checking on you and your sister - is everything all right?
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby bella14 » September 7th, 2005, 6:57 pm

Nancy-

Thanks so much for checking in on us. We, like everyone else, have been super busy!! She is still in town. She has decided that she will probably be here until atleast after Christmas. Her boyfriend worked for a company in New Orleans that has some locations in town and he received a job. That was such a blessing. Also, one of the department stores in town gave my sister 80-90 percent off of her clothing, even on clearance prices. That was unbelievable. She went in to by a bathing suit, she decided that she needed to go to the beach and relax, and when they found out where she was from they offered her a tremendous discount on everything! Since my baby sister is 5' 8" tall and weighs 115 pounds there is no way she is fitting into my clothes!! I am 5' 1", so everything would be about 7" too short!!! Not to mention the size. I can see where God has been blessing her through all of this and she does feel much encouraged. Please continue to pray for us and everyone else envolved.

On another note, several of the physicians that I work with have gone to Mississippi to see patients. It brought tears to my eyes, when on the way to work Friday I saw a caravan of local fire trucks and medical supply vans headed towards the interstate. It is very uplifting to see the way our city has come together to help those in the neighboring states. I apologize for this being so lenghty. I really appreciate you asking about us.

I hope that you have a very blessed and great week!

Kim
bella14

Postby Nancy » September 7th, 2005, 10:19 pm

Wowser, Bella! Awesome report!

Even though your family has been through some difficult days, there have been some blessings sprinkled among the storm. Very cool about the discount clothing - women always love getting a great deal, eh?

It is neat the docs are volunteering their time and skills to help others. I love that about the medical people - very willing to show their care and concern for their fellow people. I love this country! We know how to come together when needed.

ta ta for now, Little Darlin' ~
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room