Hurricane Dennis--

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hurricane Dennis--

Postby martha » July 8th, 2005, 1:03 pm

Well everyone the weather here is getting really bad.. Don't know if the storm is going to hit here yet or not but being we are on the gulf coast it can go either way.. the rain is really bad and the wind is worse..( it comes and goes).. we will know more about the direction tomorrow after it finishes with Cuba..We usually lose electric services if it gets to bad.. we had a tree fall on 1 of our cars during Christy.. didn't go into the back yard till yesterday and that's when my daughter noticed it.. My mom refuses to leave for the storm and we live in a double wide..so its going to be a rocky ride again.. :D they just delivered 2 more oxygen bottles for backup.keep us in your prayers as well as everyone from Fla to La. It will hit somewhere and I hope its not here.. and God knows Fla doesn't need it again..(brother has been hit 3 times last year).. I plan on shakin no matter what ..thanks for letting me vent--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MomsTherapy » July 8th, 2005, 1:28 pm

Yeah, this is a pretty nasty one. You guys be safe!!! We are up in the middle of SC so we don't much but the rain. Well, except Hugo, that was even bad in Columbia. But take care of yourselves and if it looks too bad - GET OUT. My prayers are with everyone dealing with this huge storm. :(
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby martha » July 8th, 2005, 1:52 pm

Hey guys--

had to let the nursing staff come in and give mom a checkup.. this weather is soo crazy.. not 1 hour ago the weather was horrible and now the sun is trying to come out.. I hate this kind of weather--the calm before the storm so to say.. have lived in the same towns for many of the bad ones.. lived on the coast for Camille-- Dauphin Island for Fredrick(79)--Baton Rouge when Bonnie hit(years ago)and have been though bunches since them almost every year.. but at least we get warning for them..just wanted to let you all know it stopped pouring for now..

Leah--thanks for the prayers..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby ljm498 » July 8th, 2005, 1:54 pm

Oh Martha! Please be safe and you are all in my prayers to get through this without any problems. Please let us know how you are doing if you can.
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby KLCHRISTIAN » July 8th, 2005, 3:26 pm

Martha:

My prayers for you and your mom. Where do you live? I have family in Pascagoula, Gautier and Biloxi.

Pam
Weighing just once a month.....
Started 5/24/05

KLCHRISTIAN
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Emma » July 8th, 2005, 4:59 pm

Martha:

My prayers are with you. Be safe and I hope it passes soon.

I hope you don't lose power - no computer?! Can you imagine? That would make me the most crazy :nana:

Keep us posted if you can.

emma
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby martha » July 8th, 2005, 5:01 pm

PAM--

We live in Wiggins about 30 miles form Gulfport and 35 or so from Biloxi..

EMMA--

that would be a short trip for me :mrgreen: hopefully we keep the power--thanks--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby 70 » July 8th, 2005, 5:48 pm

Martha,
My prayers go out to you and your family. Stay safe.

Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Postby martha » July 9th, 2005, 8:23 am

Hi--

The weather here today is BEAUTIFUL--- GO FIGURE!!!!!!! this is weird --thanks for all of your prayers.. I hope with the slight turning of the storm it goes away and stays away.. of course my hubbys sister leaves right off GULF SHORES. AL and most of them live in Mobile.. they are still having repairs done from last years storms.. I am soo thankful for all of our MF family that went to Fla for vacations are back home and safe.. Continue to pray for all the people dealing with this storm as well as the families who have already lost family to it..If it is needed I am going to a safe house tomorrow night(if needed) I have to pack the wheel chair, walker breathing machines(2) as well as a car of meds and other much needed things for mom and its a pian in the ---- Well you get the picture and did I say we have a P.T. cruiser :mrgreen: of course if I save anything it will be the MF supplements--even if the chair has to stay behind :mrgreen: -- thanks--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby mytime » July 10th, 2005, 7:55 pm

Martha - YOU ROCK - No matter how rough your road gets you have the single most positive attitude. I don't want to be disrespectful to your mother, but maybe you will get some help with her through all of this and some kind of break ? Stick your MF inside your hub caps if you have to. You are doing so awesome on program I would pack the MF first. Hang in there - all my prayers heading your way. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby onespoiledleo » July 10th, 2005, 10:13 pm

Hi Martha...wow we are very close...i'm in Moss Point. We faired very well today...i hope you guys did as well!!
onespoiledleo

Postby martha » July 11th, 2005, 8:59 am

Hi everyone.---
Well we made it and Dennis missed us completely..(Thank GOD) after I packed mom and the oxygen machine and 4 tanks and the portable and the potty chair and meds and insulin things and bed wetting supplies, breathing machine and supplies and a whole list of other things .. then unpacked it all then repacked it all to come home to unpack it again--WHEW!! i should have lost a # or 2. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: anyway I took all of the MF with me( 2 months worth just in case).. I would have left something else behind 1st before it.. Mom is resting in bed and I am here just checking in on all of you.. since finding this forum I hate to miss 1 day with all of you.. you are my new family and help me through all the rough times..THANKS to you all..It means the world to me..

MYTIME--Have tried to get help but she will not have any part of it.. I am getting sooo much better about it all since this forum.. all of you ROCK in my eyes and heart..Thanks you for your concerns and I haven't had any depression about this since I started MF and found this group.. I can't say thanks enough..

onespoiledleo---
Moss Point is really close by.. We faired good too. Thank the good Lord for that.. I have been hopeful for someone to join who lives close--I hate it had to hit somewhere but thankful it wasn't here.. Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby Emma » July 11th, 2005, 9:52 am

Glad you're home safe and sound Martha! With all that packing and unpacking, I'm pooped just thinking about it. You must be a very patient woman. Nothing like a little hurrican to keep you on your toes :shock: .

emma
:D
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Hurricane

Postby Bonnie » July 11th, 2005, 1:16 pm

Martha, I am so glad you are safe at home with your mom. The Lord was watching out after you......

That was a really good plan - taking your Medifast with you!!! You were really prepared and you didn't even have to rush out to a grocery store and stand in line with so many others.
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » July 11th, 2005, 1:58 pm

Bonnie--

that was the best thing not having to stand in the lines.. my daughter-in-law went and the lines were to the back of the store.. we love food here at our house and the pantry and both freezers are running over sooo we just packed what we thought we would need and took it with us and since I drink so much water I already had 3 cases of bottled with me here..Thank God no lines-- :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Next

Return to Come on in.