Hunger, Pudding and Crackers Question

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hunger, Pudding and Crackers Question

Postby brightlight » February 19th, 2006, 12:56 pm

Hi,
Yesterday my hubby and I started on Medifast 5 & 1. So far, so OK (not good yet). He says the meals aren't satisfying him, so either he needs an acid blocker or the appetite suppression shakes - which should he try first?
Second, I noticed the Medifast pudding has 110 calories...I've seen sugar-free (made with Splenda), reduced calorie pudding in the store that has 60 calories, 30 from fat. Can we eat the pudding in the store as a snack? If so, how many times a day can we eat it as a snack? Being able to eat the one in the store is important to me because I don't like EITHER of the two pudding options available from Medifast :( ...I ONLY like vanilla pudding. I know the Medifast pudding is considered a meal in and of itself, but since the store pudding has less calories, I figured it'd be considered a snack, like the Medifast crackers. Is my thinking completely flawed? Why aren't there more flavors of pudding? Like Vanilla and Strawberry?
Third, what's the difference between the Medifast crackers and crackers in the store?
brightlight

Postby suzyq » February 19th, 2006, 1:13 pm

Welcome Brightlight! Did you get the Quick Start guide with your order? The snacks allowed are as follows:
-one Medifast snack per day (crackers or fast soup)
-one non-MF snack per day (2 dill pickles, 1 sugar-free jello, 1 cup boullion, 3 stalks celery, up to 5 sugar-free gum or mints).

The hunger goes away after the first few days. In the meantime, adding an extra supplement is a better option than eating off plan. I have not had the appetite suppression shakes so I can't comment on those but the acid blocker does help. Extra water and hot liquids (I drank hot tea) helps too. Check the lean cuisine section of the forum to see if there might be a recipie for making the vanilla shake into a pudding?

Stick with it - it really does get easier after the first few days!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Whoa

Postby Jan » February 19th, 2006, 1:17 pm

Ok let's get you started off right. :D The first three days are the hardest. Don't form any opinions until you are at least on day 5 -- then see how you feel. I would try an antacid before I would try appetite suppression. Sometimes the acid is what gives us that knawing hungry feeling. :x
As to the grocery store puddings the answer is NO. This program restricts your caloric intake so it is very very important that every calorie you eat is a good calorie. Never waste them as empty calories. The MF pudding is all fortified with protein, vitamins etc that your body needs.
It is a medically designed progam and as long as you follow it exactly your body will be healthy and happy. If you add and subtract --I can't say what will happen. We don't want you to burn muscle tissue -- that could happen or cut yourself short on essential nutrients. That could happen too. Your tastes will change -- it is far toooooo early in the program to make tooo many decisions. Peruse the "lean and green" section of the forum and see what's there. There are quite a few really yummmy things hiding there. The general rule is if it's not in the Quick Start Book -- don't put it in your mouth.!!
Keep posting and let us know how you're doing. Oh, and I see you asked about crackers tooo. The difference the MF crackers are again forumulated for our program. The are multi grain -- with an emphasis on nutrition.

Jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Guest » February 19th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Hi again,
Thanks for your replies. I'll get us some crackers and get an acid blocker for my hubby. As for the pudding, I really hope there's a recipe for making vanilla pudding out of the vanilla shake! I thought the store pudding would be ok because the ingredients it contains are nutritious and it has 1/2 the calories of the MF pudding.
We'll stick to it...it's really hard not eating cheese! I'm totally a cheese lover. And i'm definitely gonna check the lean cuisine and lean & green sections. thanks again!

Vanilla Pudding

Postby Jan » February 19th, 2006, 2:50 pm

Hmmmm If I remember correctly there is a recipe for making the shakes into puddings. Plus I know there is a yummy mousse recipe there too. Don't worry soon you'll be parting with the pounds smoothly.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby suzyq » February 19th, 2006, 4:38 pm

Got curious and started searching the forum - this is the closest I could find to vanilla pudding - you could leave out the lemon extract - or add another flavor if you want!

This is from a post Nancy wrote in the Lean Cuisine section...

In our Take Shape For Life Recipe Guide there are a couple of recipes to make your own Medifast Pudding using a regular packet of Medifast shake mix. The recipes include 1.5 Tablespoons of Sugar Free Jello®
For your Dining Pleasure, I’ll post the recipe here.

Vanilla Lemon Pudding

1 packet Medifast French Vanilla

1.5 Tablespoons Jello® Sugar Free Vanilla Instant Pudding mix

1.5 packet (1 full teaspoon) Knox® Unflavored Gelatin

3 ounces HOT water

3 ounces COLD water

¼ teaspoon Lemon Extract

2 ice cubes

Combine Medifast French Vanilla packet and 1.5 Tablespoons of the dry pudding mix in a small container and set aside.

Stir unflavored Knox® Gelatin into hot water and allow to soften. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved and it the gelatin is clear.

Add COLD water and stir again.

Process gelatin mixture, Medifast-pudding mixture and lemon extract in a blender until smooth and thoroughly combined. Add ice cubes, one at a time until mixture begins to thicken. Pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate 15-20 minutes until set. Stir and enjoy.

Good luck!
Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.