Emotional Hunger vs. Physical Hunger (Diary of FitQueen)

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Emotional Hunger vs. Physical Hunger (Diary of FitQueen)

Postby FitQueen » June 26th, 2005, 3:44 am

Good Morning Everyone:

I am on Day 4 of my MF journey and have lost 7 lbs so far.

Day 3 was a struggle. It was worst than Day 2. I think it was because I was home all day with the husband and kids. I was trying to do the Complete Program and ended up doing the 5 and 1 Program.

Even though I ate a soup, chili, bars and shakes, I still wanted to eat. I was not really hungry, I just wanted to eat. I did not keep track of my meals as I should:

8:30 am - shake
11:30 am -chili & bar
1:30 pm - bar
2:30 pm - shake
4:30 pm - shake
6:30 pm - soup
9:00 pm - 4 oz thin sliced steak w/ sauteed mushrooms and onions in olive oil

Now looking at my plan, I guess I created my own 7 and 1 plan. This morning my stomach hurts because I ate meat before bed.

Yesterday, I brought some celery, Diet AW Rootbeer and Diet Pepsi to help between meals. I read again the quick start booklet. On my next order I will definitely purchase crackers and quick soups.

I got my journal handy and will be utilizing it more. I printd my medifast daily success plan to help me track my meals and water.

Have a great day!!

Ruth aka FitQueen
Ruth aka FitQueen

"Successful people do daily what unsuccessful people do occasionally. The secret to your success is in your daily routine."

Restart: 04/03/2007
FitQueen
Trusted Member

Postby missahc » June 26th, 2005, 5:35 am

Hi Ruth,

The first 3 days are wicked....but it will get easier. I am new also
(2 weeks) and sometimes I get the emotional hunger as well.
Sometimes I get hit with moments of depression about food. I am a bit
obsessed at times. I am hoping this will get better....I wish I could stop
counting the number of hours until my next supplement.
It would be nice to relax about it. One thing great is the weight does come
off....It makes up for all the trials....There is a payoff.

It looks like you are on top of it.....keep going...everything that we learn
along the way is valuable. It is all part of the journey called success.
:exercise:
06/11/05
350/250/170
missahc
Regular Member - #100 Club
Regular Member - #100 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 26th, 2005, 6:28 am

Ruth,
Try having your first meal within the first hour of getting up......that will help with the weight loss AND the hunger. Be SURE to get in all the water and limit sodas to no more than ONE A DAY! With all the water you SHOULD be drinking, you won't have room for any more soda than that anyway :D I would consider not having your "regular meal" that late in the night either. That raises your blood sugar up at night while you aren't moving around at all.

These are just my little hints......nothing magical about my advice.....just what I've learned from my journey and talking with others over the past few months.....hope it helps.
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby FitQueen » June 26th, 2005, 9:55 am

Thanks for the replies.

Ania, I too could only think about when my next packet would be. 3 hours seemed like a long time away. As you can see, I ended up eating every 2 hours on Day 3.

Today, as I had my soup with 12 oz diet soda, I thought to myself I really should not drink a lot of soda. Christi, I am glad you confirmed that I was right on target with what I was thinking.

I drank a lot of water. Two weeks prior to starting the program, I started drinking 2 liters per day, which equals 64 cups of water. Water is definitely not a problem for me.

Day 4 is going much better than Day 2 and 3. My goal is to stay compliant one meal at a time.

Keep the replies coming. Replies keep me encouraged during my lifestyle change.

Take care,

Ruth
Ruth aka FitQueen

"Successful people do daily what unsuccessful people do occasionally. The secret to your success is in your daily routine."

FitQueen
Trusted Member

Postby dlr2424 » June 26th, 2005, 10:48 am

Ruth... :hug: .....the first few days/weeks may be challenging........but it does get better...... :yes: .....it's okay if really necessary to have an extra supplement the first few days..... :eat: ....I would just not have more than 1 bar a day .......and not 2 supplements together...........other than that you were pretty much on target..... :D ....keep focused and keep shakin... :yay: .....your doing great.... :bouncie: .....the times flys by whether we diet or devour......in a few weeks from now you'll be happy you chose the first...... :clap: ......
donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby FitQueen » June 26th, 2005, 11:33 am

Thanks, Donna. I really appreciate your critique of my Day 3 meal schedule. I wanted some feedback. That was the reason I posted it.

I have to stay away from those bars. I love the bars. I have to tame that sweet tooth.

Keep the advice coming.
Ruth aka FitQueen

FitQueen
Trusted Member

Postby want2Bthin » June 26th, 2005, 11:36 am

Ruth-

I actually had to give up the bars for now. I love them a little too much. I may introduce them back into my plan when I get closer to my goal.

The time seems to fly by while doing MF. You will be to your goal before you know it!

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby FitQueen » June 26th, 2005, 11:49 am

Angelia:

I have already told myself that I will not order any more boxes for awhile. I ordered 4 boxes. I am surprise I still have 3 boxes left.

Thanks for the feedback.
Ruth aka FitQueen

FitQueen
Trusted Member

Return to Come on in.