Physical Therapy Eval - update

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Physical Therapy Eval - update

Postby FORMOMMY » May 5th, 2006, 6:45 am

So I went to the PT place for my evaluation and she explained just how badly I hurt my knee....much more than what I originally thought (or was explained). She talked about some "tryad thing" that is extremely painful and requires about 6 weeks recovering including PT. It wasn't just the MCL and LCL tears, my knee dislocated and my meniscus was damaged and the big ligaments were probably stretch so badly that they need strengtening too.

I have a 1 1/4 inch difference in girth on the knee that is injured. She said their plan of attack is to get the swelling down, relieve the pain, get me driving again, and then work on strengthening and then endurance. So I kind of felt better that there was a reason for being in such pain and not being able to function like I thought I would by now.

On the weight front, I've stayed on plan this week and lost 4 of the 5 pounds I put on so far. I will be happy if I weigh what my ticker says on Monday morning - but happier if there is an additional pound or 2 gone as well - hee hee...... I have added an extra shake here and there as suggested.....I haven't felt dizzy again but still a tad weak.

Thanks for listening to my tales of woe!
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 5th, 2006, 6:47 am

Thanks for the update. Looks like you're doing great!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 5th, 2006, 9:04 am

Hi, thank you for letting us know how you are doing! As many nurses on this site can verify, some 'ortho' cases take a long time to heal and then, there's the ongoing therapy, to deal with. Sounds like you really did some big time damage to that knee and hopefully, it will get much better with PT. I hope so! :) And, you are to be so commended for getting back to Medifast so quickly. Something really admired! :D Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby jump4joy » May 5th, 2006, 9:46 am

I hope your knee will be quickly on the mend. Are you still in pain now? Hang in there. You'll probably be at your ticker by tomorrow...I finally caught up with mine and passed it a little this morning. :D

Prayers and best wishes, Michelle... :heart:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Linda » May 5th, 2006, 3:12 pm

Good! Now at least you know what to expect. I was so glad to hear your dizziness is gone and you are doing great on Medifast again. Take care of yourself and don't overdo, PLEASE.
LINDA

Started Nov 6, 2005
5'3", 59 years young
Linda
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 5th, 2006, 3:42 pm

I'm sorry about the knee being worse than we'd hoped, but at least you have a plan of attack now.

I KNOW you'll be at your ticker in no time! Then you'll be doing REALLY well!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room