Hulagirl

1 Thread per registered User.

Hiya

Postby dede4wd » November 22nd, 2006, 5:54 pm

Yup,
I know some folks that are doing the "one spoon" plan, one spoon of everything on the table. I KNOW if I did that, I'd be cruising the maalox factory instead of hanging with my family and friends! I am getting ambitious, I am trying the pumpkin pie recipe...just for kicks!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby kmr » November 24th, 2006, 9:37 am

Kanani,
I've been sooooo busy lately that I haven't been on the site for a long while. I just saw your after pic and girl..............you are drop dead gorgeous!!! You look amazing! I am so happy for you! As for me.....once I reached a weight where I didn't feel huge any more ( thanks to M.F.) I decided to lose the rest of the weight eating healthy and exercising. I make sure I plan my dinners for the family for the whole week, make my grocery list and then do 1 purchase for the whole week. I've been cooking homemade nutritious dinners every night and my kids have actually grown to love sitting down as a family every night and eating healthy food! One time when we had to go somewhere and had to rush with dinner, my kids actually complained that they wanted their homemade dinner because they wanted to stay healthy and were mad when I had to cook them a frozen pizza that night! I was shocked! That was a first! It used to be the other way around. My new healthy eating habits are really rubbing off on them! I was able to enjoy a beautiful Thanksgiving dinner with my family and was actually very stuffed after just taking a small helping of most of the food. I had a wonderful time with the whole family coming over to our house and enjoyed cooking the Thanksgiving meal. I've been continuing to lose about 2 lbs. a week and always feel content and not deprived or guilty. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with your family. I wish you continued success on your M.F. journey. Please feel free to P.M. me anytime and I will do the same and check in on you from time to time. It was a joy corresponding with you during my M.F. weight loss phase. All the best to you and again.........you look awesome! :wave:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » November 26th, 2006, 8:20 pm

Thank you kmr! I'm gonna miss you on the forum everyday :cry:

My family spent the Thanksgiving weekend at Turtlebay Resort . We also celebrated my husband's birthday which is today. We are starting a tradition, with the second year going to Turtle bay which is great.
What 's even better was, the last time I was at the resort, I was 30+ pounds heavier. It was awesome sitting by the pool not covered up with a long t-shirt to camoflage my flubber. I did cheat just a tad by eating more lean and green and having barely a taste of some of the desserts at the buffet, but overall I did okay. I took my MF food with me and had no problem. I love MF!

Receiving compliments from our friends who joined us for a small birthday party for my Hubby last night has helped me to stay focused and stay motivated to reach my goal of 120 by Christmas. I haven't weighed myself yet. I will weigh in the morning and see how I did, if I did gain, I just have to get back on to staying 100% complient.

:cheermed:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » November 26th, 2006, 8:30 pm

Glad you had fun! Sounds like you did pretty well! What a cool tradition...makes my family turkey day movie seem kind of lame!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » November 28th, 2006, 11:07 am

Thanks for the movie idea Dede! :mrgreen:

Yesterday went quite well until dinner. We had steak and salad, which is a great L&G, but I know I ate too much. I'm PMSing so I know I gained some water weight. I really need to drink more water and I'm gonna do more shakes today. I didn't have any yesterday. The soy protein really seems to help with the PMS symptoms. I seem to be extra grouchy and short tempered with my kids .... :twisted:! I don't like to be that way... just really emotionally charged this month for some reason. I'll be better today... :angel:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » November 30th, 2006, 7:24 pm

I've had a great 2 days.... really staying totally compliant. I need to drink more water today though. Even though it's TOM I feel really good, not as hungry today and no cravings. I think when I really committ to the day being right on plan I'm good all day. For me, my state of mind and desire to lose the weight take over, then wanting to cheat or overeat becomes non-exitstant.

Did I say I love MF! :mrgreen:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » December 1st, 2006, 8:59 pm

I had the worst migrane I have ever had today. I tried to sleep it off, but it stayed on for hours... It's finally going away. I had a chicken salad from McDonalds... I know, not the best but that's what was available, so I'm wondering if it was something in the salad? Anyways, I won't be eating a salad at Micky D's for a really long time.

I've been at 134 for a long time and really need to break through and get into the 120's. It's December already for cryiing out loud and my goal is to be 120 by Christmas, that's 24 days away. I've been stuck in the 130's since the end of October through all of November. I would love to lose at least 10 pounds this month and be 124. !!!!! :whip:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » December 2nd, 2006, 12:51 pm

I'm gonna start my food journal again. I feel more accountable that way.

Food journal for Sat. Dec. 2

8:30am - Hot Cocoa
11:00am - Oatmeal
2:00 pm - L&G
5:00pm - Shake
7:30pm - Mint Bar (I'm going to the UH football game! These
9:00pm Soy Crisps are my goodies to replace all the stadium food!)
10:30pm - Chocolate Pudding

I need to drink more water! :water:
Happy Saturday! :mrgreen:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » December 5th, 2006, 3:25 am

Food Journal for Sun Dec.3

Food was right on target until the second bag of soy crisps. :|
I need to drink more water. Other than that I did pretty good.
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 5th, 2006, 2:07 pm

I feel more accountable when I log my food as well! Good luck, I hope you had fun at the game!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » December 6th, 2006, 7:48 am

Thanks Dede! I had a blast even though they lost and ended their 9 game winning streak on the last game of the regular season. It was as sold out game so ithe stadium waws packed with people eating their garlic fries and pizza. The smell of the roasted honey almonds was driving nuts. It smelled soooo good! But I resisted and ate my oatmeal raisin bar and cinnamon soy crisps! So I was good to go! :coolnana:

Yesterday was my best friend's birthday, you know, my skinny, gorgeous friend that now has to lose 20 pounds. She'll has all her MF food but will start after the holidays... Anyhooo, we went out to lunch at a chinese restaraunt, thanks to the suggestion of our other friend Emmie! I had cold ginger chicken and some stir fried veggies... delicious and on plan.

Food journal:

I did good all day! :mrgreen:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » December 8th, 2006, 6:31 pm

My 14 more pounds just won't go! I am thinking of going on all 6 MF for a couple of days, just to break the plateau. I've been at the same weight for over a month. I know I lost inches because I am fitting a smaller size jeans, but I really want the numbers on the scale to move to a lower number! :x

Food Journal for Thurs. Dec. 7:

7:00am - Hot Cocoa
10:00am - Peach Oatmeal
12:00 pm - Chedder Soy Crisps
1:00pm - L&G
4:00pm - Oatmeal Raisin Bar
9:00pm - Chocolate Mocha Hazelnut Shake :yeah:
11:00pm - Vanilla pudding

Water: 64 oz. throughout the day
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby Karli » December 9th, 2006, 12:50 am

Hi, Kanani (beautiful name :) ). You are doing great, keep with it and you will get there. It sounds like a good idea to change things up a little bit. I am here rooting for you all the way :).

Karli
Karli

Postby THINKnTHIN » December 9th, 2006, 5:42 am

Hey HulaGirl! Hang in there....you are getting close so it is slowing down.

Just NOT FAIR!

You and I started at the same weight, but you are ahead of me. TRADE YA! :)

I was at 143 on my last weigh in and I am really hoping for 140 tommorrow. My loss has slowed so much after my initial success. Averaging 1/2 to 1lb a week for the past 6 weeks ( I don't weigh every week but every two weeks). I really wanted to be 30 lbs down by Christmas so it looks like I will make that. I have not fully decided on my goal weight...130 or 125 is what I am thinking. I'll just have to see how I am looking when I get there.

You look so great! YOU WILL GET THERE! Hang in!
THINKnTHIN
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » December 9th, 2006, 12:21 pm

Thanks Karli and THINKnTHIN! I was in real need of some encouragement, and there you were! :stroll: You made my day!
ou both are doing great and inspire me through your posts and replies. :cheerleader:

I'm doing the same thing... My goal weight is 120 and I would love to accomplish that number, But as I go into the 120's I'll see how I look and may go into maintainance sooner.

Meanwhile, just movin' along. :cheermed:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal