Hulagirl

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » December 10th, 2006, 5:28 pm

Yay!!! I finally broke t through that plateau. That was a really long one!
It really helped to switch things up for two days. I'm going to add back the lean and green to see if I'll keep losing.If not, I'll go back on MF only for 2 more days. I am 2 pounds away from the 40#club! :kool:

Wow, I never thought I could lose that much weight so easily. Even though I did plateau for so long, that's nothing compared to losing a pound in a month and then giving up like I did on so many other weightloss programs. This has been an awesome experience so far. I am soooo grateful that I found MMT/TSFL. I would have still been struggling, and unhappy with my weight.

:cheermed:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 10th, 2006, 8:50 pm

I'm SO happy for you! That is wonderful! I KNEW you could beat that stupid stupid plateau! Way to go Girl!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 10th, 2006, 9:01 pm

Congrats on breaking that plateau!!!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » December 11th, 2006, 5:39 pm

Thanks Dede and Biki!!! Yes, it's been long and drawn out, but now we're rollin'!

I didn't get all of my water in yesterday, and I woke up with a slight headache this morning. I have to make sure I stay hyrdated or else I'm afraid I'll stall again.

My family is celebrating my Mom's birthday at Buca Di Beppo tonight... hope I can find something to eat that resembles a lean&green. Lord help me with all that pasta and bread!!!! :|
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 11th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Did you just say Bucca? MY FAVORITE PLACE ON EARTH! I KNOW you're going to do GREAT! Even there!

I have faith!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Karli » December 12th, 2006, 8:50 am

hulagirlfromhawaii wrote:Thanks Dede and Biki!!! Yes, it's been long and drawn out, but now we're rollin'!

I didn't get all of my water in yesterday, and I woke up with a slight headache this morning. I have to make sure I stay hyrdated or else I'm afraid I'll stall again.

My family is celebrating my Mom's birthday at Buca Di Beppo tonight... hope I can find something to eat that resembles a lean&green. Lord help me with all that pasta and bread!!!! :|

Yes, get in all your water !! :water: :coach:

How'd it go at the Buca ? Keep rollin' and you'll thank yourself for it !

Karli
Karli

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » December 12th, 2006, 12:57 pm

Hey Karli! Yessss! I did great last night. I was able to stay away from the garlic cheese bread and pasta and I had some chopped salad with dressing on the side and rosemary roasted chicken which was delish! I also had 2 shrimp from the shrimp pasta. So I think I passed the test!! :mrgreen:
Yes, I feel great about it today! I will be tankin' the water today!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby GucciGoo » December 12th, 2006, 12:59 pm

Oooh! I LOVE their bruschetta and their ravioli with bolognese sauce!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby Karli » December 12th, 2006, 1:07 pm

hulagirlfromhawaii wrote:Hey Karli! Yessss! I did great last night. I was able to stay away from the garlic cheese bread and pasta and I had some chopped salad with dressing on the side and rosemary roasted chicken which was delish! I also had 2 shrimp from the shrimp pasta. So I think I passed the test!! :mrgreen:

Yes, I feel great about it today! I will be tankin' the water today!

YAY !! Congrats, Kanani ! It sounds like you did beautifully :). Thanks for letting us know about it, it's good to hear of the success :).

Karli
Karli

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 12th, 2006, 5:16 pm

Yay!

You did GREAT! That place has more temptations than perhape ANYWHERE! Good job!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » December 13th, 2006, 1:52 am

Thanks for posting Stormy, Karli and Dede! Yeah, I was right in the lion's den last night....!

Today wasn't any easier, but this time it was a test on my emotional triggers. My oldest son got into a fight at school so I got a phone call to see if I wanted to take him home, and then I had to go to a conference with my second son's english teacher because he isn't doing so well in her class! I was soooo tempted to the whole chocolate cake from my mom's birthday! I just wanted to dive in it! Wow! I haven't felt like doing that in a long time. It was a little scary being aware that feeling angry or upset can still provoke me to want to hit the fridge! :twisted: S

Knowing that I survived the day, tomorrow has to be better! :thumbup:
Last edited by hulagirlfromhawaii on December 13th, 2006, 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby Karli » December 13th, 2006, 7:16 am

Kanani, you are doing awesome !! Becoming aware of the emotional triggers is *so* important and yeah, it's a little weird, insn't ? But, I think it's something we actually have known all along, that these emotions trigger a behavior, but we are willing to ignore it at certain points in our life. You are just choosing not to ignore it right now and you are being really honest with yourself. It's an eye-opener for sure !!

But, you are doing great ! Keep it up :).

Karli
Karli

Postby kmr » December 13th, 2006, 7:46 am

Hi Kanani! :wavie:
I just checked in to see how you were doing. It appears that you are doing great! I was really impressed with how well you did at the Italian restaurant! Don't worry you are going to be at goal in no time. To tell you the truth, you already look fantastic! You know as well as I do that there are always going to be stressors in life, but just think of how hard you worked to get where you are and how great you look! You don't want to mess that up! I know it is harder to stay focused on a diet when you have children and a family to take care of too because you can't just focus on yourself all the time. Just remind yourself though that you are important too. Miss you and all the best to you. I will continue to keep checking in on you from time to time. I am still eating healthy and exercising (walking) and steadily continuing to lose 2 lbs. a week. Some times I'm tempted to go back on M.F. again just because I miss being a part of this forum, but I've already started a very positive change in my families eating habits and I don't want to stop it. It's not easy changing people's eating habits for the better as we all know! Especially kids and adults that have eaten a certain way their whole life. My husband is the pickiest eater in the world! But I stood my ground with him and now he looks forward to my delicious healthy meals. Happy Holidays to you and yours! :byebye:

P.S. And once again....I seen your after pic and you are DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! You should be very proud of yourself!

:christmasbar:
kmr
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 13th, 2006, 11:08 am

Kanani,
Sorry about the kids problems. Isn't it amazing how much we've learned. The last time I was stressed, and it occured to me that I wanted to just get a cake...then I realized there was a trigger seriously going off!

We've come so far in our journey to learn about ourselves! You're doing Great!

Hey KMR...come post anytime! We miss you around here!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » December 13th, 2006, 6:44 pm

Karli and Dede! I'm glad I have you guys to lean on! :stroll:

And my sista KMR!!!!! I miss you girl!!!!! You made my day when I saw your post!!!! I'm so happy for you that things are going well. Yes, it is sooo important for our families to be healthy right along with us. And you are progressing wonderfully. I am proud of you!!! We miss you here and even though you aren't doing MF, you are still on your weight loss journey and the road to better health. You can still post your progress! We are here for you as always, and I would love to keep cheering you on!!!

This is why I love the MMT forum!!! :goteam:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal