Howdy

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Howdy

Postby ginagumbo » November 27th, 2006, 5:47 pm

HI!

My name is Gina. I am a transplanted southern belle living in the artic tundra of Wisconsin. I am originally from South MS / New Orleans area. I have been here since 1998. I moved for a job in chemical / laboratory sales. I am an only child, parents in MS. So I head south when ever I can.

Married to hubby #2, yorkshire terrier named GUMBO. No kids. Beautiful house I love.

I am in sales and travel alot. Now it is mostly around MI, WI, IL and IN.

Thus since 1998, I have gained. Since I got out of college I have packed on 100 lbs (which was 1993). Always had a person, thing, job and so on to blame it on. Tried every diet under the sun. I have memberships to everything.

I officially started today. Starting weight 281.

Good grief....this is my highest....

I should be half of that. I love my job and my travels so I am determined I am going to make this work. After the past month I have finally had enougth embarassing things happen, that enough is enought.

One of the things that make me unique, my spare bedroom is my office. I only see coworkers a few times a year. Only person I do see is hubby and inlaws maybe once a month.

So that makes it strange in that I have no one to puch me, be competitive with or even compare myself to. Thus why I am in so much denial about my size it is not funny.

SO this is it....I am going to MS over the holidays, driving from WI through IN down south. So between now and then I hope to loose as much as I can.

I am going to turning 37 on December 10th. Never thought it would be this big though......

So I am here, beware...

Any hints for travel?

I will be in my car all day long sometimes, going in and out of clients. So I will need to start packing food to take with me.

Here's to a lighter Gina
ginagumbo

Postby Serendipity » November 27th, 2006, 6:15 pm

Hi Gina,

I lost half of myself and you can, too. It takes time, but you can do it.

For travel, I would recommend the ready to drink shakes or a cooler with water and ice. I have found traveling to be easier with Medifast. No need to stop and waste time in a restaurant, just shake and go.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Elke » November 27th, 2006, 6:33 pm

Welcome Gina, nice to have you with us. I have no advice for travel but I know there will be many chiming in that do. :)
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby PJinCali » November 27th, 2006, 6:51 pm

Welcome Gina,

As long as you create a plan for yourself while you travel, it is easy to stay on track with the program. If you have your meals on time you will not get hungry. The only issue I had while traveling was having to pee so frequently.

Hopefully DeDe will see your question and reply. I don't think anyone else on this forum travels as much as DeDe!

Good Luck,

:goodluck: :bouncieball: :goodluck: :bouncieball: :goodluck: :bouncieball:

PJ (PS- we have the same birthday :lol:)
20#5-21 - 120# forecast 3-3
40#7-09 - 130# forecast 4-2
60#8-31 - 140# forecast 5-2
80#10-22- 150# forecast 6-2
100#12-30 – 160# forecast 7-2
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby lauradr » November 27th, 2006, 7:30 pm

Welcome, Gina--Like you I am in sales on the road -in the car more than at home-I have found MF to be the best diet for what I do--It takes choices away--I love RTD's--I have learned Restaurant will fix the food the way you want and be very helpful--I always ask for microwave and fridge in my room--I like oatmeal in the mourning and before bed--I try to stay away from diet drinks for me I think they make me hungry--I drink lots of water--and tea that I take in a jug w/splinda---I try to stay busy helps not to be hungry--Dede will pop in she is the other road warrior on the board-that has helped me with great idea she has for the road---good luck if I can help just let me know---also my laptop so I can be on the board-been without it for 4 weeks yuk
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » November 27th, 2006, 7:53 pm

Hi Gina,
Yup, I'm the other road warrior. Actually food has been SO much easier on the road since MF, plus I save a ton of money instead of eating in restaurants!

Laura covered just about everything...restaurants bend over backwards for the most part for my L & G as long as I'm specific (and mention what a good tipper I am!)

I have a little cooler that plugs into my cigarette lighter. It holds a 6-pack and stays chilly while the truck is off. I also get the RTD's because they're SO easy AND I get a hotel with a fridge and a micro...I have a tupperware bowl with a flip-top I travel with for soups/oatmeal. I can put my celery and SF Jello in the fridge and I'm happy as a clam!

Ask us anything you need!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Elidh » November 27th, 2006, 7:59 pm

Welcome, Gina!!

You're in the right place - this program works, and not just because of the food - the people on this Forum are here to help and support you!!
Elidh

Elidh
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » November 27th, 2006, 8:49 pm

Welcome Gina!!! I can't wait to celebrate your progress and successes! You will have great support here - so many warriors that can advise and support you! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby sheri1103 » November 28th, 2006, 10:16 am

Hi Gina - Welcome! I too am new, just started yesterday. You will find a lot of support here. The people are great and so is the program.
Keep us posted on your progress.
:D
Sheri
Sheri B
"One day at a time and one pound at a time"
sheri1103
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Karli » November 28th, 2006, 10:20 am

Hi Gina, welcome !! :).

You will find a lot of support and inspiration here, glad you have joined.

Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » November 28th, 2006, 10:56 am

Welcome to the forum Gina! Glad you're here! :wave:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ginagumbo » November 29th, 2006, 10:04 pm

Thanks for the great welcome.

Today coming down with a bit of sore throat.

Question:

I bought the fast soups from MF. Do these count as boullion? Limit 2 of the fast soups a day correct?

With the way I felt today I had 3 of the chicken, chicken soup and boullion.

capp and chai this morning.

No bar today.

lots of splenda sweetened tea.

next week I will be traveling in Michigan.

Where does everyone pose everyday on this site? I have started a journal. Are there groups or anything?

I have half of me to lose, gg
:oops:

till tomorrow
Gina
Start Date: 11/27/06 - 281
ginagumbo

Return to Come on in.