Howdy from Ohio

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Howdy from Ohio

Postby rodeomom » October 3rd, 2007, 1:03 pm

Hey all, here I am in Ohio. My sister in Sandy, OR got me started on the program. I have been true to the letter for going on two weeks now and I have been reading posts here and on the Lean Cuisine since I started (THANKS FOR LOTS OF GREAT ADVICE) I am down about 15 pounds and one pant size ALREADY!!! :D Today has been tough. I just can't seem to get rid of the hunger pangs this time. :x Here is what I have had... 8:30am - cappachino in coffee, water water water water 10:45am - cream of broccoli soup water water water noon - one long stalk of celery with tbsp of reduced fat sf peanut butter water 1:45pmish - choc mint bar water water water and at 3:30pm a banana shake. The shake was just an hour ago and I am STILL HUNGERY!!! Usually I only have 3 MF meals before my L&G, but today I have had 4 and just can't figure it out. Now, I am just trying to stay occupied and away from the kitchen. Please help keep me on track.
rodeomom

Postby Serendipity » October 3rd, 2007, 2:16 pm

Try a hot cup of tea or some boullon. That helped me in the beginning. Remember you're always a maximum of 3 hours away from a meal.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby llrickman » October 3rd, 2007, 2:24 pm

bullion,bullion,bullion :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Started Medifast June 11,2007

Thank goodness for Bullion
llrickman
Regular Member - #100 Club
Regular Member - #100 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 3rd, 2007, 3:01 pm

But I thought bullion was only for a snack. Since I had the celery and peanut butter (which I am not even sure is OK) I figured my snack was done.
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Signladytf » October 3rd, 2007, 3:25 pm

Celery yes, peanut butter VERY iffy. It has gone back and forth here on the forums, however, peanut butter is a trigger for lots of people. Be careful with that one.

A cup 'o bullion is a great "free" food, drink it like a cup of tea to scare off those hunger pangs...
Tammy
402/337/125
(-65!)
Restarted 8/27/2007

Signladytf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby MerryMary » October 3rd, 2007, 3:34 pm

On days when I had the hungries I would mix a Medifast Fast Soup (snack) WITH a Medifast Soup ... for example: the Delicate Chicken Fast Soup with Chicken Noodle Soup. It gave me more volume and made me feel full. Bullion will work too, but it has more sodium. :D
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Mike » October 3rd, 2007, 3:38 pm

rodeomom wrote:But I thought bullion was only for a snack. Since I had the celery and peanut butter (which I am not even sure is OK) I figured my snack was done.

Welcome to the forum. Seems like Sandy, Oregon sounds familiar. As HA's we meet lots of folks and I think we have met your family.

Anyhow... yes, bullion is open for the taking. What you may be thinking of that is the snack is the Fast Soup which is a Medifast snack. Regular old bullion typically has very little caloric value, so its okay to enjoy as needed (unless of course you have a gallon a day . ;) )

As Signlady said, be careful on the PB also. Its still high in fat. If you do enjoy the PB, try to limit it to seldom. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 3rd, 2007, 5:00 pm

I'm new too, so I have no ideas! HOWEVER, I wanted to say CONGRATS on shedding 15 pounds! That's totally awesome! WTG, you must be soo very proud!

Kym
Out*With*The*Old

Postby rodeomom » October 3rd, 2007, 5:55 pm

Thanks so much for the Bullion advice - I will DEFINATELY get on that band wagon. Today was just tough!

I knew the peanut butter was iffy - I am addicted to the stuff, :? I was just hoping that since it is reduced fat (12 grams per 2 tbsp) and sugar free that 1 tbsp wouldn't hurt. I supposed it was better than the hot fudge sundae I was craving! ;)

You probably do know my sister J. A. She has been very successful with her program and her business.

Thank you for the congrats! I am proud and pleased. I knew I could do this I was just financially unable to for a while. I have a LONG way to go and would love to find someone to "buddy" with me. The message board is great, but if there is anyone out there who needs an accountability partner - EMAIL ME!

ONCE again, THANKS for all the suggestions.
rodeomom

Postby katieb920 » October 3rd, 2007, 6:20 pm

Way to go. That is awesome 15# :thumbig:
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.