Hello from Ohio

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello from Ohio

Postby looznit » September 24th, 2004, 3:27 pm

I'm almost a month old with Medifast and have lost 12lbs. so far. Hoping to lose a total of 70. While researching Medifast I came across this sight and new I had to join - everyone seems so friendly. I can't wait to share my continued success with you all.
looznit
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 24th, 2004, 3:55 pm

Welcome looznit! :wave:

Love your name! You don't have to wait to share your success with us. You already have! 12 pounds the first month? CONGRATULATIONS! I too have a 70 pound total loss goal. Whatcha doin? Just shakes or the modified or the 5/1? It's great to see another nice person joining in the fun here. Look forward to seeing you here! :toast:

A MF Pal,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Welcome

Postby Jagirl » September 24th, 2004, 4:05 pm

I am only days in MF, and was lucky enough to come across this forum.
I have read many of the posts and have found nothing but encouragement here!
Good luck and continued success!!!! :thumbsup:

Claire
Jagirl

September 21, 2004 Start Date 5' 7" 245 lbs
October 11, 2004 @ 225 lbs
Jagirl

Postby looznit » September 24th, 2004, 4:18 pm

Camille, Claire,

Thank you for the quick welcome. Claire congrats on your 50# loss. If you don't mind my asking, how quickly did you reach that goal? I am doing the 5/1 plan. So far, so good. I thought it would be much harder preparing separate meals for hubby and 2 kids. Here's to continued success for all!

Stacey :D
looznit

On my way!

Postby Jagirl » September 24th, 2004, 4:30 pm

Hi Stacey-

I am only on my 4th day of MF. but I will absolutely let you know when I do reach the 50# loss. I would have to give a :thumbsup: to Camille for that great accomplishment!

Claire ;)
Jagirl

September 21, 2004 Start Date 5' 7" 245 lbs
October 11, 2004 @ 225 lbs
Jagirl

Postby DutchChoc » September 24th, 2004, 6:54 pm

Welcome, looznit! This is, indeed, a very nice site and it's PURRRFECT for us on Medifast, thanks to the support of Nancy and Unca and all the members. It seems to help immensely to be able to ask questions and talk about how things are going, and by talking and sharing, one is helping not just others but reiterating one's own resolve and dreams.

Congrats to a good start and hope you keep posting here.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » September 24th, 2004, 7:22 pm

Looznit ~

What a POSITIVE name you've got there!

That's what this is all about - making a decision and then becoming a Big Loser - AND enjoying the process of doing so!

You truly are off to a great start - wow! 12 pounds already. :boing:

I am so glad that you find my site of benefit to you - we have super duper Forum Friends here. They love :heart: Medifast, are excellent at :pet: listening and encouraging and well, they are all just plain :kool: cool folks! Be sure to read my Newsletters, scope out the :chef: Lean Cuisine for some recipes and drink your water! :water:

:goteam:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 24th, 2004, 7:41 pm

Eh-hem (clearing my throat modestly) Yes, that would be ME losing 50 pounds as of today. AND I'm still on Cloud 9! Don't call me bashful today!

Well Stacey, the first month, I did only Medifast 55 shakes (5 a day), diet soda, bouillion, and WATER. no exercise. From the second month to date, I'm still doing the complete MF plan but incorporated their other products (e.g. chili, soups, bars,) still 5 MF supplements a day plus the other freebies. The fourth month I added 2 pickles a day but it's too much salt for me cause I drink a few gulps of the juice too (I have always been addicted to pickle juice) so I have cut that out, and also switched from MF 55 shakes to the MF shakes for Women for Comfort and Regularity because they were on sale, and Nancy recommended them due to the added appetite suppressant. As to exercise, the later part of the third month I started doing pilates 3 times a week, swimming a couple of times a week, and walking very fast on the treadmill 45 minutes each session 5 days a week.

I wanted this weight off as quickly as possible. Consequently, I am proud to say that I have not cheated once. If anything, I skipped a MF supplement having only 4 a day on just a few days when I got too busy or was unable to get to my MF. I really felt weak though the next day after skipping a MF meal so I don't recommend it.

Persevere Stacey! This diet absolutely works and is worth the sacrifices.

We're all in the stands cheering you on!
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby LongWay2go » September 25th, 2004, 7:19 am

Welcome looznit! Wow, what a positive, positive name you chose! That means your determined, and you'll need every bit of that determination. You'll be a BIG LOSER soon and we can't wait to share in your success with you! Be sure to join in on the Sunday morning weigh-in's so Spidey can track your progress, and get posting so you'll be eligible for Spidey's contest!

Also welcome to Jagirl! Same goes for you!

Unfortunately Spidey is off for the day to participate in a huge family event, but will be "packing" his RTD's so as to thwart off temptation! Happy shakin' everyone!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Lois » September 25th, 2004, 10:54 am

WELCOME!!!!! You've done GREAT so far! Keep posting, and keep up the wonderful work!!! 8)

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby fedup » September 29th, 2004, 10:42 am

Hey fellow Buckeye :!: I saw your mention that your from OH like me! I responded in another thread, but saw this one and wanted to say "hi" Keep up the good work, I'm new, and hopefully soon to be improved.
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby looznit » September 29th, 2004, 11:23 am

Thanks for the encouragement. I have nothing but good things to say about Medifast. My month anniversary is upon me and I'm into the 180's, as of this morning. Haven't been there in about 2 years. I find solace on these boards after I've cooked supper for my husband & 2 kids. That way I don't have to sit and see/smell REAL food, whatever works I guess.

Have a great day!

Stacey
With God ALL things are possible!
34 yr.
Start Date - Sept. 1, 2004
204/178.5/130
looznit

Postby sudaoning » October 1st, 2004, 4:38 am

that supper for the kids thing can be a real challenge.

i sometimes request that mine do the dishes and clean up so that i won't have to be exposed any more than necessary. i might run an errand or whatever (my oldest at home is 14). i am sometimes disappointed to find that they procrastinated too long and the food is still there when i come back. i am on the complete program most of the time, but on some days i have decided just not to fight it and had a lean green meal. it was fine.

i often let them kind of plan their own meals and find that thankfully they choose things that really are not tempting to me. i have to admit that they are not eating as well as i would like. but even before, when i would prepare a wonderful healthy meal, they often would pick at it or not eat at all and then i would be faced with all the leftovers, and, well you know......
so have kind of decided that the major overhall in the family eating will be somewhat implemented now.......buying less, WAY less, sweets and snack items......and more when i am near goal. then they will just have to deal with it.
as a side bonus, my 11 yo daughter told her older sis that she has lost 5 lbs in the past few weeks. could it possibly be the absence of ice cream and reduction of chips in the kitchen????? hmmmmmmmmmm.......
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby looznit » October 1st, 2004, 5:29 am

Thanks for the tips! I shouldn't complain, my husbands helps alot, probably more than most. However, there are those days. I'll have to start using Tupperware more often & let the kids do the clean up as you suggested!

Have a great weekend!
With God ALL things are possible!
34 yr.
Start Date - Sept. 1, 2004
204/178.5/130
looznit

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » October 1st, 2004, 12:41 pm

Hi Claire and Stacey!

I had the same feeling about this site--I worked with a different health advisor last year on my first Medifast go-round, but when I was searching the web for information, I came across this forum and I was HOOKED! Everyone seemed so upbeat and friendly I had to join!
Welcome!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Next

Return to Come on in.