Howdy Doody from Nancy

Meet Terry and Nancy.

Howdy Doody from Nancy

Postby Nancy » July 9th, 2003, 9:48 pm

Greetings from the Northwest!
Summer is a glorious season and for the first time in YEARS, I am excited about warm weather. This summer, I can wear a bathing suit. During daylight hours. In public. This may not seem like a big deal to you, but to mois, this is something to celebrate.
One year ago I weighed 258 pounds. This summer I weigh 132 pounds. I've gone from FLABULOUS to FABULOUS, all because of Take Shape For Life!
Does this sound too good to be true? Here's my story...
Last summer, July 16th, 2002, to be exact, my husband and I started on Medifast to lose weight. We were going on a three-week family vacation to Kuaui in October. I was mortified about having to wear long sleeves and long pants the entire time we were on the island. I was morbidly obese, had chronic pain in my hip that required cortisone shots, my ankles were swollen and the circulation in my feet was poor. I was concerned about developing diabetes and losing my toes...I love my husband and I love my toes and I wanted to keep them both.
I wasn't sure if I could begin ANOTHER diet plan - I knew that I desperately needed to lose weight because I was a physical wreck but I wasn't sure if I could handle another diet failure emotionally...
If you've dieted and failed before, then you know what I mean. I have dieted most of my adult life, each time never quite reaching my goal weight and each time regaining more poundage than where I had started. Over the years I have been to many nationally advertised weight loss programs, spent thousands of dollars, have had numerous wardrobes, etc. I've taken pills and drops and powders - some that have amped me up and some that have left me with severe anemia.
I have taken numerous classes, read all the books, gone without eating, begged my doctor for help, etc. In January 2002 my primary care provider and I had a heart-to-heart talk. She referred me to a bariatric surgeon and told me to consider by-pass surgery. I interviewed by-pass survivors -- yes, I used the word 'survivor.' Not everyone that has gastric by-pass surgery survives. Not all surgeries are successful. Some people lose some weight but never reach their ideal goal weight. Some gastric by-pass patients blow out their stomach pouch, only to return to their former eating habits and regain all their weight and more. Some people can not eat sugary or greasy foods again and must subsist on bland diets and take expensive vitamin and mineral supplements all their life. I LOVE pie and hot sauce. Bland is not part of my vocabulary! Gastric by-pass surgery scared me. I decided that it would have to be totally a last resort.
I belong to a large HMO that does nothing other than promote their Freedom From Diets Workshop or gastric by-pass surgery. My doctor never told me about Medifast, I heard about it from a friend that cared about me enough to tell me about it. I chose to regain health, my self-esteem and my life the day that I slurped my first Medifast shake.
The weight loss is consistent, safe and muscle-sparing. I lost the stored fat - in all the right places! I look down-right FABULOUS for a formerly obese lady that is moving in on birthday number 55 this October 20th. A year ago I never DREAMED that I would be wearing a size 6 clothing.
During my weight loss journey I have experienced so much more than I ever thought possible. I can stand in front of a large group of people WITHOUT wearing a coat! Before I lost weight, I always kept my coat on. Somehow I thought that people couldn't see how big I was if I wore my coat. Let me tell ya, THAT was not very comfy when the temperature climbed above 70 degrees!
With Medifast, I lost 58 pounds between July 16th and October 6th when we left for Kauai. I wore a bathing suit in Kauai - not one of those skirted bathing costumes, but a real live bathing suit. In public. During daylight hours. Upon our return from our vacation, I had lost 8 more pounds! I continued with the program and reached my goal weight of 132 pounds at the end of February. Now I have been maintaining my weight with the wonderful Medifast products, healthy food choices and moderate exercise. (I did no exercise until AFTER I reached my goal weight.)
My husband is so proud of me and I ALWAYS wear a sparkly toe ring to remind me of my good health and the fact that I have kept my toes! remember...last summer, before Medifast, I had serious circulation issues.
I love my life. Take Shape for Life has done just that - helped me to take back my life and I gladly share my successes with you. I want to be your personal coach. Terry and I delight to help others and we want to share what we've learned with you so that you, too can Take Shape for Life!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby lisa » July 12th, 2003, 11:59 am

Hey Nancy, I just wanted to say hello, and thank you and Terry for all of your help. I'm going to post my results in the weight loss section. See ya soon.
Lisa
NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!
lisa

Thank you

Postby Echo » May 16th, 2004, 11:40 am

Nancy and Terry,

Thank you for hosting this message board. This is exactly what I was looking for to help me attain my goals. The plan I am using is my own but is based on the medifast 5:1 plan.

I am so impressed with your success story! You are an inspiration.

Always,

Echo
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » May 17th, 2004, 9:09 pm

Hello (hellooooo), Echo (Echoooooooooooo) ~

Glad you are here and :D extra happy that we can be of assistance to you (youuuu)!

Love your name! ;)
Love it that the Forum is fulfilling its purpose.
xxxooo
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Nancy & your story

Postby RareBear » July 8th, 2004, 2:33 pm

Thanks! I needed that. I started medifast today. I weigh 248 & should weigh 155. The story is too long & painful to go into, but I knew I had to do something. I feel wobbly because I've had so many diet failures & I'm afraid to fail again. But I can't go on this way. I used to be attractive and I hope I will be again. Anyway, your words are encouraging.
Thank you so much,
RB
RareBear

Nancy & your story

Postby RareBear » July 8th, 2004, 2:34 pm

Thanks! I needed that. I started medifast today. I weigh 248 & should weigh 155. The story is too long & painful to go into, but I knew I had to do something. I feel wobbly because I've had so many diet failures & I'm afraid to fail again. But I can't go on this way. I used to be attractive and I hope I will be again. Anyway, your words are encouraging.
Thank you so much,
RB
RareBear

Thank you for your words of encouragement

Postby honeynut1 » July 8th, 2004, 3:14 pm

I have not yet recieved my first order of medifast, but reading "your howdy doody from nancy" made me cry. :cry:
I work as a checker in a major grocery store in vancouver washington.by the end of my shift my hips ache and my knees ache and i really feel crippled. I'm 5'4 and weight 195. I'm 44 and don't want to feel this way anymore. I think this is going to work for me, at least i hope so. I really want to get my life back. I also have done every diet out there and spent alot of money doing so. I have always lost but gained it back. I'm hopeing this will finally do it for me. thank for your words of encouragement.
:D
honeynut1

Postby explorthis » July 8th, 2004, 3:49 pm

Nut and Bear!! Welcome……

All I can promise you is “everything you want” If you are faithful, Medifast will help you in way’s no other diet ever has.

Be prepared – we are a support board. We give, and want your feedback as well. We all need to learn from each other. This is the place to be, and other than paying for your internet connection, look no further, your support here is FREEEEE! There is NO better place for help, hand holding, and support. We understand EVERYTHING you feel, all your pain, and your joy. This is the place you can unload, because there is no judging here. We are all in the same boat!

Medifast is the last stop, and you are here!

Welcome.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » July 8th, 2004, 10:53 pm

Good evening, Honeynut and RareBear!

This is the LAST time that you have to go thru a weight LOSS phase - next season, you'll be maintaining your weight like Mike and me. Whee! :lol: :lol:

Honey - you might be my very own grocery checker!!! Private email me and tell me where ya work - I need lean and green groceries!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to A Message from your Hosts