How does one get back on the wagon?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

How does one get back on the wagon?

Postby Charity » November 15th, 2007, 10:27 pm

Aloha,

What does one do to get back on the wagon when one knows they want to but just keep putting nonsense in his/her mouth.

For me, what did it was restarting with Steph who was super excited and motivating and I can't thank her enough :stroll: .

:?: What worked for other resarters out there?

Thanks so much for your time! :mrgreen:
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » November 16th, 2007, 3:47 am

I just posted in your journal about how to get back on Medifast from Charityfast. I hope it is helpful. If you are having all your supplements and doing it according to schedule you will be much less likely to have off plan cravings.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby rodeomom » November 16th, 2007, 7:40 am

Charity - I know you journal your food intake, but do you write it down AS you are eating? If you carry a little notepad around and MAKE yourself write down every single thing that goes between your lips, you will have to THINK about what you are doing. It is so easy to slip into mindless eating, or eating just for the sake of eating. If you force yourself to write it down before or as you are eating, it may help you reconsider eating it at all.

Get out your quick start guide and go back to the basics. One MF meal at a time.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Charity » November 16th, 2007, 2:42 pm

I am not talking about me :oops:

I have a friend who shall remain nameless :lol: who is having trouble and I don't know what to do.

My dietitian said that a lot of time a clients head just isn't in the right place and so they just need to step back and take a break (but be mindful of what they eat and MAINTAIN) until they are mentally ready to restart again. :cry:
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby rodeomom » November 16th, 2007, 4:18 pm

There was another person on MMT that decided she needed a break for a short time. She realized that she was "cheating" more than she was OP so she just stopped for a couple of weeks. Now, I know that she is READY to get back into the swing of things and dig in her heels.

I know most folks will say that going off the program is a horrible idea, BUT in MY opinion going completely off the plan (while still eating sensibly and trying not to gain) is much better than continuing to cheat through it. When you are cheating, you really aren't benefitting from MF. Better to take a break, reevaluate and come back strong.!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » November 17th, 2007, 8:57 am

Charity wrote:I am not talking about me :oops:

I have a friend who shall remain nameless :lol: who is having trouble and I don't know what to do.

My dietitian said that a lot of time a clients head just isn't in the right place and so they just need to step back and take a break (but be mindful of what they eat and MAINTAIN) until they are mentally ready to restart again. :cry:

I believe it is a mind thing too. your "friend" has to choose it for herself. There really is nothing you can do but allow her to see your success and to positively encourage her. You can not force her to drink shakes and eat and L&G and nothing else. This is not under your control. Simply lead by example. She will follow when SHE is ready.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room