Hopebaby

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Hopebaby » August 14th, 2007, 4:45 am

Today is Day 5 for me and I am down another pound which puts me at 194. Wouldn't it be nice if I could continue to lose a pound a day! LOL, I would be finished in 64 more days. I know, I know, but it would be nice.

Back to work today which will be challenging. I definitely have some people there who would love to sabotage me. We have a lot of political stuff going on, reduction in force, reorganization, etc. I made it through all that and still have a job, at least for now, but some of the people who are leaving are still there! You have no idea how awful these people are being to the survivors. I am starting to lose my sympathy for their job loss. I just want to do my job and go home. I don't want to be involved in all the secrets and intrigue. This is one of the reasons I took some time off to start MF. With the horrible heat I was pretty much cooped up home alone. That worked well and I feel like I am ready to face the world but I sure am glad I have a journal to come and vent when people get ugly.

I hope everyone has a great day and we're all a bunch of losers! :lol:

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » August 14th, 2007, 6:07 am

I can definitely relate to sabateurs at the workplace. One of the reasons I quit the job at the law firm right before I began MF was because of a woman who was constantly commenting on my weight but then asking me out for frozen yogurt or buying me fudge. Everyday she would tsk tsk over my desk even if I was having a Lean Cuisine. Shortlyafter I began working there she told me how good it was that I KNEW I was fat because she couldn't stand overweight people who didn't know it. Her comments got worse from there.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 14th, 2007, 8:00 am

bikipatra wrote:I can definitely relate to sabateurs at the workplace. One of the reasons I quit the job at the law firm right before I began MF was because of a woman who was constantly commenting on my weight but then asking me out for frozen yogurt or buying me fudge. Everyday she would tsk tsk over my desk even if I was having a Lean Cuisine. Shortlyafter I began working there she told me how good it was that I KNEW I was fat because she couldn't stand overweight people who didn't know it. Her comments got worse from there.

Biki - what an ugly person!!! :x I have one that told me to call Jenny Craig last week so I stupidly told her that I was going to lose weight with Medifast. She said, "oh that is so unsatisfying!" How would she know? This same woman is always telling me I need to cut my hair short (it is mid-back length). She has short hair that she keeps trying to let grow out but she can't commit to anything. She is also a troublemaker and one who lost her job and is now trying to draw me into her schemes. When I got back today she had left me the newspaper from Sunday because there was a job in in that "would be perfect for me". I see through her and know what a jerk she is but I just wish she would go away! They were given 6 months notice of termination so she will be here until 12/31/07! Luckily she called in sick today so I don't have to deal with her until tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby BabyTrace » August 14th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Hi Linda!

Isn't it strange how certain co-workers think it's OK to say such insensitive things?? It sounds like you have the right attitude about this person and will do well staying clear of her. Just think, if she's in the office until Dec 31, you'll be slimming down and she'll be there to see first hand just how satisfying Medifast can be!

Tracy
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 14th, 2007, 5:18 pm

BabyTrace wrote:Hi Linda!

Isn't it strange how certain co-workers think it's OK to say such insensitive things?? It sounds like you have the right attitude about this person and will do well staying clear of her. Just think, if she's in the office until Dec 31, you'll be slimming down and she'll be there to see first hand just how satisfying Medifast can be!

Tracy

LOL, you're right Tracy! I'm kind of hoping she calls in sick again tomorrow. It is much more pleasant when she isn't there.

I stayed really busy today and nearly missed my afternoon shake. I drank it 30 minutes late but when I realized what time it was I just stopped and got some water, a packet and my shaker and then drank it while I finished my task. That was the only minor bump today so YAY!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Tawanda » August 14th, 2007, 5:59 pm

You are doing great and that nasty ole biddy will be around until December---watching you shrink before her eyes. It is going to drive her nuts. :D
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 15th, 2007, 4:47 am

Thanks Tawanda, I sure hope so! I also hope I don't have wrinkles that are currently smoothed out by the fat because she and I are the same age and when she really ticks me off I admit to people that we are the same age ;) That always shocks them and of course they say that I look soooo much younger.

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Hopebaby » August 15th, 2007, 4:51 am

Today is day 6 of the program and compliance and still going strong. I get a compliance sticker for yesterday but I am not doing a weightloss sticker. My digital scale is whole pounds only and I need a new one. The numbers kept going back and forth between 193 and 194 this morning. I considered calling it 193.5 but decided just to leave it at 194. I figured it would register a full pound loss in the next day or two and that would make me feel better than calling it a half-pound loss on two different days.

I am happy and already starting to see some changes. My pants were looser around the waist so I measured my waist this morning and it measures nearly 2 inches smaller than last week. That seems impossible so fast but I think I was pretty bloated when I started.

Onward and downward!
Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Lizabette » August 15th, 2007, 5:08 am

Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » August 15th, 2007, 5:42 am

Congrats on those inches! :) I have to warn you that when you lose too many of them you could almost have your shorts fall down crossing the street. (A true story.)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby BabyTrace » August 15th, 2007, 7:25 am

Hi Linda! You are doing great on your compliance.

I remember how nice it was a few days in when I wouldn't even be hungry when it was time to eat again. Since I didn't have my stomach rumbling or my head telling me I was hungry I had to set a timer to remind me to eat on days when I got so involved with work. I still use that timer every day! I reset it each time I have a meal!

Have a great day!!

Tracy
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 15th, 2007, 12:33 pm

Thanks Lizabette - that's an adorable little icon!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Hopebaby » August 15th, 2007, 12:35 pm

bikipatra wrote:Congrats on those inches! :) I have to warn you that when you lose too many of them you could almost have your shorts fall down crossing the street. (A true story.)

Biki - I saw that story mentioned somewhere on here. ;) I did think about you and your pants falling down this morning because my pj bottoms are getting loose and slipping down on my hips. They are my favorites but when I shrink so much they fall off I will just buy new ones!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Lasi » August 15th, 2007, 12:45 pm

Hey Hon,

I am glad you are doing so well. I was reading the replys and realized that it was time to eat my bar :D

I am glad I work in a small office. 2 men and 2 women. It is a supportative team.

Try to stay cool.
Lasi
Begin 7/16/07
301/274.8
Lasi
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 15th, 2007, 1:26 pm

BabyTrace wrote:Hi Linda! You are doing great on your compliance.

I remember how nice it was a few days in when I wouldn't even be hungry when it was time to eat again. Since I didn't have my stomach rumbling or my head telling me I was hungry I had to set a timer to remind me to eat on days when I got so involved with work. I still use that timer every day! I reset it each time I have a meal!

Have a great day!!

Tracy

Tracy - I am having that problem at work for sure. Yesterday I was 30 minutes late on afternoon supplement and then today I was 45 minutes late on the mid-morning and afternoon supplements too. My problem is I am all over my building and not always near my office at the right time. I am going to have to bring in some bars I think. If I had one of those available for afternoon supplement it would be a lot easier. I was just trying not to eat them everyday and was wanting to save them for treats.

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal