Hopebaby

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby bikipatra » August 10th, 2007, 9:05 am

Hopebaby wrote:
bikipatra wrote:I always use a current one. Keeps me accountable and it feels more honest. I just sent him a newer one myself a few minutes ago.

Yes! I see your pretty pic and my icky one! My girls and I went to Vegas for my birthday this year (cinco de mayo) and when they took that pic I was hung over, worn out and bloated from Margaritas.

I have had a lot of the same issues as you so I have been reading what you write a lot. You are inspiring!

Linda

You are not icky. Stop that negative self-talk right now! And as you alluded too, I know all about the booze bloat! Thank you so much for saying I am inspiring. It still feels weird when someone types that just because I feel like I am standing on the shoulders of giants like Joleen, Robin and Lizabette. I guess I have a little negative self-talk going there myself!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 10th, 2007, 9:19 am

bikipatra wrote:You are not icky. Stop that negative self-talk right now! And as you alluded too, I know all about the booze bloat! Thank you so much for saying I am inspiring. It still feels weird when someone types that just because I feel like I am standing on the shoulders of giants like Joleen, Robin and Lizabette. I guess I have a little negative self-talk going there myself!

You're right Biki. Usually I get more negative when I see a pic of myself because inside I keep thinking I am still thin until confronted with it! I have seen others, including you I think, post that. Now that's some twisted body dysmorphia we have going!

I blame it on therapy years ago. I had to go to group therapy too - an eating disorders group. They called me bilumarexic - a combo girl. In those days I saw myself as fat even though I had no fat at all. They must have done too good a job because I have been in denial about my girth ever since!

Meal #2 - continuing the "Worst First" them of the day I had peach oatmeal. Hmmmm... It wasn't the worst thing I have ever eaten (I doctored it up before even tasting with Saigon cinnamon, ICBINB) but I don't think I will be reordering that one.

Doing well with my water. Just finished my second 1/2 litre bottle so I have already gotten half my water for the day. I usually drink at least 96 oz a day though so I know I will get in at least that much.

From now on I will copy my post before submitting!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » August 10th, 2007, 12:27 pm

Peach oatmeal. :) YUM. I had a cappuccino for breakfast and just had peach oatmeal for lunch!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Lisa145 » August 10th, 2007, 12:35 pm

Hi Linda!!!

Welcome aboard!!! I look forward to losing lots of weight with ya'. :D

Have an awesome first day!!!!
~Lisa
Lisa145
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 10th, 2007, 4:18 pm

bikipatra wrote:Peach oatmeal. :) YUM. I had a cappuccino for breakfast and just had peach oatmeal for lunch!

Biki - how much water do you use? Do you doctor it up? It tasted kind of chalky to me. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.

I have to admit it was better than lunch though (beef stew ewwww). I know I will get used to the tastes. I had a vanilla shake this afternoon for mid-afternoon snack. I will be having my L&G in about 45 minutes. I think I am going to go with the MSF link sausage (1/2 serving of 3) and egg beaters (1/2 serving) and make myself a "skillet".

I had a dull headache after lunch and I wasn't sure if it was okay to take anything for it so I went and lay down on my bed for about 30 minutes. It was better but still with me later so I took some aspirin. I thought that would be better than Advil because I have heard Advil can slow down weight loss. Anybody know if that's true? Advil is my pain reliever of choice.

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Hopebaby » August 10th, 2007, 4:22 pm

Lisa145 wrote:Hi Linda!!!

Welcome aboard!!! I look forward to losing lots of weight with ya'. :D

Have an awesome first day!!!!
~Lisa

Hi Lisa - thanks! :D I am having an awesome first day! I was worried about feeling weak or something but so far I have been fine. Do you work outside the home? I was afraid I would feel really tired or bite someone's head off at work so I took vacation today. LOL

And I am looking forward to losing lots of weight with YOU too! Yeah - about 70 pounds for me!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Mickeyz » August 10th, 2007, 5:41 pm

Hopebaby wrote:I had a dull headache after lunch and I wasn't sure if it was okay to take anything for it so I went and lay down on my bed for about 30 minutes. It was better but still with me later so I took some aspirin. I thought that would be better than Advil because I have heard Advil can slow down weight loss. Anybody know if that's true? Advil is my pain reliever of choice.

Linda

I haven't heard anything about Advil slowing your weight loss, but if it's true it couldn't be enough to make you suffer through a headache. Make sure you are getting plenty of water, sounds like you are. The headaches will probably pass soon.

It's funny, but you will find in a few days/weeks that your tastes change and things you aren't that fond of now may become more agreeable later.

I am not a fan of the oatmeal so I use it a little differently. I mix oatmeal with scrambled eggs, add 1 tablespoon of ground flax meal, half teas baking powder, spices like cinn and nutmeg, 4 tablespoons water. Mix it up and make 2 little buns. Cook for 11 min at 350. This is 2 meals. I normally use half of a wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese per "bun".

Sounds like you are on track and getting off to a good start.
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Serendipity » August 11th, 2007, 2:55 am

I think Advil can make you retain water, but that's temporary.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby bikipatra » August 11th, 2007, 3:14 am

I take Advil almost every single day for some ache or another, usually my back, so I really don't think it is potent enough to make someone retain a lot of water.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby bikipatra » August 11th, 2007, 3:19 am

Hopebaby wrote:
bikipatra wrote:Peach oatmeal. :) YUM. I had a cappuccino for breakfast and just had peach oatmeal for lunch!

Biki - how much water do you use? Do you doctor it up? It tasted kind of chalky to me. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.

ILinda

I have a special technique. I put it in the bowl and add just enough water to really moisten the oatmeal-no standing water. Then I microwave for 45 seconds and what comes out looks like cement. But here's the rub. Because it is still so hot,(all microwaves are different but mine takes 45 seconds) I then add more water and stir quickly until my desired consistancy is reached. It makes it very creamy and not chalky at all.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Hopebaby » August 11th, 2007, 5:13 am

Mickeyz wrote:I haven't heard anything about Advil slowing your weight loss, but if it's true it couldn't be enough to make you suffer through a headache. Make sure you are getting plenty of water, sounds like you are. The headaches will probably pass soon.

It's funny, but you will find in a few days/weeks that your tastes change and things you aren't that fond of now may become more agreeable later.

I am not a fan of the oatmeal so I use it a little differently. I mix oatmeal with scrambled eggs, add 1 tablespoon of ground flax meal, half teas baking powder, spices like cinn and nutmeg, 4 tablespoons water. Mix it up and make 2 little buns. Cook for 11 min at 350. This is 2 meals. I normally use half of a wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese per "bun".

Sounds like you are on track and getting off to a good start.

Thanks for the tip Mickey! I don't have the scrambled eggs since I got a variety pack this first month but I am going to customize the September shipment and that is definitely on my list!

I had a great start day and I slept like a baby last night. I have already had my shake this morning (cinnabon style from the recipes) and I have to say it was delish!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Hopebaby » August 11th, 2007, 5:14 am

Serendipity wrote:I think Advil can make you retain water, but that's temporary.

Thanks Jo - from now on I think Advil it is!

By the way, I have read through a lot of your journal and you have had an amazing journey! You rock!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Hopebaby » August 11th, 2007, 5:17 am

bikipatra wrote:I have a special technique. I put it in the bowl and add just enough water to really moisten the oatmeal-no standing water. Then I microwave for 45 seconds and what comes out looks like cement. But here's the rub. Because it is still so hot,(all microwaves are different but mine takes 45 seconds) I then add more water and stir quickly until my desired consistancy is reached. It makes it very creamy and not chalky at all.

Oh thank you Biki! I am going to try your technique today. It sounds logical to me. Do you have a special technique for the capuccino? No matter how much I stirred before and after the microwaving, mine was full of undissolved lumps!

TIA
Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Hopebaby » August 11th, 2007, 5:27 am

Today is day 2 for me and I am feeling good so far. I do have a couple of questions from day 1 if anyone has time to answer...

Pickles - my pickles are kosher dill spears (Mt Olive brand) and the label says each spear is one serving and equal to 1 ounce. So that means each spear is considered a pickle by MF?

I really did not like the egg beaters! I ate them but they look awful and the consistency is yucky. They did taste just okay. I am switching to real eggs when I want eggs unless someone has some good ideas for the egg beaters. I made scrambled egg skillet with them. I added cooked and sliced MSF sausage links (1/2 serving because I used 1/2 serving of egg beaters). I added sliced peppers, onions, some spinach and some salsa at the end. Any ideas are appreciated!

I drank 96 ounces of water yesterday which is what I usually drink so that part was easy for me. I also drank a glass of crystal lite, coffee, and some SF root beer with frozen vanilla shake for a root beer float. That was kind of a flop so I ended up dumping the whole thing in the blender and having a blended root beer float. That was better.

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby katieb920 » August 11th, 2007, 5:43 am

Welcome Linda :wave:
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal