Hopebaby

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby bikipatra » August 18th, 2007, 5:43 am

Hopebaby wrote:Bad night, couldn't sleep. I am down 1 pound though. :D My emotions were all messed up yesterday and the night before I had a dream about eating. :x

Today is day 9 of program and compliance and I am really hoping to take it easy today. I feel fine physically, it's my head that is messed up.

Have you tried journaling (not here but on paper) when you emotions are out of whack? Tthe writing process makes your thoughts slow down because you think faster than you write so you calm yourself or at the very least use it as distraction. I have it on my list of things to do when I feel like eating off program. I just started dong it a few weeks ago because my therapist suggested it and it has helped a lot. It is mostly stream-of-conscience stuff but I try to tackle real problems too. I think eating dreams are normal. In my 12 step program we call them "using dreams." You are making big changes and it is not surprising for your subconscious to be spitting out dreams like that. Oh, congrats on the pound too!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 18th, 2007, 7:11 am

BabyTrace wrote:Good Morning Linda! :wave:

You deserve to take it easy today and rest your mind. If you start feeling weak on compliance, just remember how much progress you've already made and all of the reasons you want to reach your goal.

Have a great Saturday!

Tracy

Thanks Tracy. I have already been out and now I am in for the day so no worries about compliance! LOL. I don't have anything in the house that I could cheat with really unless I baked something but it is way too hot for that. I had to visit my daughter's kitties since she is in NYC for the weekend. The kitties cheered me up and then I went to Wally World to get my week's worth of water, salad stuff, some SF soda and crystal light. Shopping is a lot less stressful and quicker now that I am not having to decide what to buy and carting it home!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend and that you are a big loser!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 18th, 2007, 7:18 am

Hi Biki - good advice on the journaling. I have always been lousy at journaling. Twenty years ago when I was in therapy for eating disorders and just plain screwed up life I was supposed to journal. I didn't do it much and my therapist asked me why. I told her I would just lie in the journal and say I ate when I didn't so what was the point. She said the point was if I kept it up I would get tired of lying about my eating and my feelings (or lack thereof). I tried but I never felt like a journaling success.

I like the term "using dreams". I have had them about smoking but never about food before. In the dream I was in a Greek restaurant and just ordering like I would have before MF. There was no Lean and Green in my thoughts at all. The funny thing is Greek is not one of my favorite foods so I have no idea where that came from. Now if it had been a Tex-Mex restaurant I dreamed about I could understand it!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

p.s. I forgot to say this but I will try to start journaling this weekend.
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby holberry » August 18th, 2007, 2:34 pm

Hi Linda,
I just peeked at your ticker and are you going to be in the 10lb club tomorrow. soon, :yay: eh?
hol
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 18th, 2007, 2:44 pm

holberry wrote:Hi Linda,
I just peeked at your ticker and are you going to be in the 10lb club tomorrow. soon, :yay: eh?
hol

Hi Hol! Thanks for stopping by. I sure would like to make the 10 pound club tomorrow but I am only 8 pounds down today so... maybe. :mrgreen:

Yay! It just started raining. We have been dry and 100+ degrees for weeks so this nice rain we are getting is a big deal! :D It should whoosh some of the dust off everything. Now if I can just get a big whoosh tonight! ;)

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Hopebaby » August 19th, 2007, 5:32 am

Day 10 of MF and compliance and I am still feeling good. I slept much better last night and got in 8.5 hours. I was really hoping to join the 10 pound club today and my scales kept wavering between 190 and 191 but I went with the higher number. I gotta get new scales!

I hope everyone has a good roll call!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Lasi » August 19th, 2007, 6:28 am

Good Morning,

I am glad you got rain yesterday. We need it so bad here also.

You are on your way friend, and you will see that 10 lb mark soon. Have a good day.
Lasi
Begin 7/16/07
301/274.8
Lasi
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 19th, 2007, 8:23 am

Lasi wrote:Good Morning,

I am glad you got rain yesterday. We need it so bad here also.

You are on your way friend, and you will see that 10 lb mark soon. Have a good day.

Hi Lasi - thanks for stopping by! We had some more rain last night. Neither shower lasted very long though. :cry: However, we are supposed to have more today so I may have to go out and do a rain dance later if it doesn't show up on its own. :lol:

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby holberry » August 19th, 2007, 10:58 am

ok, so you will get in the club this week then!!

Its so odd, we have been having the coolest summer and the rest of the country is simmering. I would love some HOT weather. We have only used our pool 3 times. Not good.

stay cool, eat well.
hols
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 19th, 2007, 4:57 pm

holberry wrote:ok, so you will get in the club this week then!!

Its so odd, we have been having the coolest summer and the rest of the country is simmering. I would love some HOT weather. We have only used our pool 3 times. Not good.

stay cool, eat well.
hols

Hol, it was 105 here last week - you want that? LOL. I would be happy to trade for your temps. It is supposed to be at least 10-12 degrees cooler here this week. Low to mid-90s sounds like a cold snap right now. We are getting rain off and on but are supposed to get a lot more tonight and tomorrow. We are starting to get the remnants of Erin that OK has been battling this weekend.

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby BabyTrace » August 21st, 2007, 11:00 am

Hi Linda. Just stopping by to say hey and I hope everything is going well for you. I miss seeing your upbeat posts!

Take care,

Tracy
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 21st, 2007, 3:41 pm

Hi Trace - thanks for stopping by. I haven't felt upbeat the past two days. :x The scale is stuck and I haven't lost anything for a couple of days. I know it hasn't been that long but I sure thought I would lose a little more before the normal slowdown. I'm going to try doing without the bars for the rest of the workweek and see if that makes a difference. I miss my treat already though. I do like the pudding too so I will just have that later.

I'm going to PM you about something.

Thanks again for checking on me.
Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby DonnaS » August 21st, 2007, 3:54 pm

Hi Linda, Just popping in to say, "howdy." Hope everything is going well for you so far this week.
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Hopebaby » August 21st, 2007, 4:00 pm

Hi Donna - thanks for stopping in. I'm having a pity party but I think I'm nearly done. My HA forbid me to get on the scales again until Sunday morning. I guess I will listen to her (she lost over 100 pounds). I will just tell myself "of course you lost more weight" when I get up in the morning and "you know that so there is no need to deal with the stinkin' scales"!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby BabyTrace » August 21st, 2007, 6:19 pm

Hey Linda.

It's very common to see a slow down in week 2. I've heard it explained that your body is taking time to catch it's breath after all of the pounds you lost in week one. I lost something like 8 lbs the 1st week, but only 1 and a fraction in week two.

This is where that patience and compliance all the big losers preach come in. It's become my mantra--like I'm trying to brain wash myself of my old binging habits. So far it's working so I have no reason to doubt it! :)

Just stick with it and be happy when you look at your compliance stickers! You are doing something good for yourself!

Tracy
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal