Holidays Didn't do so good .

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Holidays Didn't do so good .

Postby mama of 2 » January 9th, 2006, 3:52 pm

Hi Everyone
The holidays got me. :x
Starting again today @ 212 was down to 203. Just can't seam to get under the 200 mark. My goal right now is to hit 199.9.

Anyone else have problems with the holidays?

I did great Christmas eve.
We went to my cousins house. I stayed away from all the food. My cousins husband didn't know I was on a diet. We was playing cards. ( my way of staying away from the food) He sat down next to me with a big piece of chocalate cake.( I think at this point I had to wipe the droul from my chin :roflmao: ) But I still didn't eat. Did good that hole night.
The next day we go to my brothers house for xmas breakfast. My Mom started that a few years before she pasted away. So we still do it in memory of her. (My brother now owns my moms house. ) Everything was going great. My brother and family was very understanding. My brother couldn't have breakfast either. (Has high cloesteral )
No one was bothering me or anything. I brought my medifast. Then all of a sudden I couldn't take it any more. I eat. We were also going to my other cousins house for supper. I haven't gottin back on MF intill today.
I know what my problem was. The holidays really get me with out my mom. & this was the first xmas with out my grandmother. She past away in May 2005. @ 94 years old. She had a good life.

The good news is i'm back on MF. :yes:
I was on the tread mill today and I did 5 miles. burned 268 fat & 859 calories. Hope that wasn't to much. Does anyone know how many calories we should burn in a day?

I think my book is done now.
Have a good night everyone. :goteam:
We can do it.
mama of 2
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » January 9th, 2006, 4:37 pm

Oh yeah, the holidays did me in this year (6lbs gain and no MF for the whole MONTH OF DEC!) SO I'm back on the wagon and rearin' to go.

The funny thing is that at least I can account for that gain. I know what I put in my mouth and so did my scale. :lol:

Putting that behind me and moving on down (the scale that is!)
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

What's done is done

Postby Jan » January 9th, 2006, 5:10 pm

You are both right. We do fall off the "wagon" but you both know the most important thing is not to stay off. And, you're both up and going again. Emotional issues are very difficult with which to deal. But if we are going to be successful at keeping our weight off we must learn. Just call this your learning and practice session. :D ( Christmas was a little sad for me too this year because my Dad who is now 99 3/4 didn't feel good enough to come. It was my very first Christmas without him and the idea of him sitting at his house was hard.) We can just hope that as we go through life, and its accompaning emotional ups and downs ,that we learn to deal with our feelings in ways other than by eating. I'm sure it's a learning process -- I'm learning just to think about the good times and realize that we all age, and things change. But I know there are exciting and wonderful new things ahead for each of us.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby mama of 2 » January 9th, 2006, 5:47 pm

Hi ladies
Jan
You are right. I have to learn not to eat when I'm hurting. Learning to do that is the hard part. :brickwall:

WOW almost 100. :hug:
Hope your Dad is feeling better.
We can do it.
mama of 2
Regular Member - #20 Club

Learning together

Postby Jan » January 9th, 2006, 8:01 pm

Don't worry we are all learning together. We all have our own individual strenghts and weaknesses. We can learn from each other as well as from life experience. Learning never ends and fortunately we are able to incorporate what we learn and work toward making changes. Some are just easier than others.
You'll do fine.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby mama2benandrachel » January 9th, 2006, 9:06 pm

I'm right there with you mama of 2. My bad was the weekend before Christmas. I had to go out to my Grandparents farm. My Aunt still lives there and graciously has Christmas there with the whole (extended) family. My parents have been gone for a long time. My Mom, almost 19 years, my Dad, almost 9. Holidays are such a melancholy time!!!!!!! I started my downward spiral on Friday night, December 16th and kept this roller coaster ride . . . 2 days on MF, 5 days off . . . do great all day at work, eat EVERY carb in sight at night!!!!! I don't have a CLUE what my weight is, and I will not get on a scale right now!

BUT . . . I made it through day 1 again! Tomorrow is day 2 . . .

I may be down, but I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!!!!!!!!!!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room