help! lecture needed

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

help! lecture needed

Postby lastdiet » October 14th, 2005, 4:11 pm

i'm not complaining as i am down 24 pounds, but i can't seem to stay consistantly on mf anymore. i had been rock solid for the first 6 weeks, not waivering or even wanting to at all. lately, i seem to slip every few days and i'm not sure why. i know i have been stressed, but that is a poor excuse. i don't even enjoy whatever i am eating all that much. i have been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds now for weeks. i probably have another 20 pounds to go and really want to reach my goal, but don't know how to get back my determination.

:cry:
7/27/2005
re-start 1/9/07
189/ 145
lastdiet
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » October 15th, 2005, 10:27 am

Last...... :hug: .....I wish I new the MAGIC words that would flip the switch in your brain again..... :huh: ......but I don't...... :scratchhead: .......Heck if I knew them I would use them on myself...... :secret: ....as I can relate to you....... :deadhorse: .......gaining and losing the same 5 lbs......... :x .......why are we putting ourselves thru that aggravation?????.........so the best I can do is....... :hug: .......... :hug: .......give you a hug.......let you know ..... :yes: .....WE ARE WORTH IT..... :angel: ..and pray for devine interention..................oh and if you find the MAGIC words ....... :secret: .....let me know.................and I'm sure our other Medibuddies will come on shortly to give us the much needed lessons.......... :table: .........

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Jade » October 15th, 2005, 11:01 am

Hang in there girl!!!
This will be your last diet! Try going shopping and trying on clothes. That sometimes works for me. Or go through some magazines and look at all the cute fashions you will be wearing when you get the other half of the weight off. :) I try to never miss a day looking at the Forum. You have so much support and inspiration here. Keep on shakin' We really care.
Jade
Jade
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby lastdiet » October 15th, 2005, 9:01 pm

something i have learned through these little setbacks is that i know once i reach my goal (and i will) that i will be able to maintain it. and you're right, i do need to visit the forum more often.

thank you donna and jade for the support; you guys are sweet! :bighug:
7/27/2005
re-start 1/9/07
189/ 145
lastdiet

Postby Nancy » October 18th, 2005, 1:21 am

Dear Last Diet ~

This can truly be your last time to endure the three days of :twisted: if you don't fudge during the first couple of weeks. Once a person puts something non-MF into their mouth that sets them back to Day One again. when we eat on time, eat all of the Medifast packets, cravings and deep foody desires goes away but the nibbles here and there become out of control all too easily.

We know you can do it. We'll have our good eye on you!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby kriskno » October 18th, 2005, 3:22 am

Sounds like you need some motivation. Join us in the Christmas Challenge and set your goal at 20lbs lost. On Christmas day tie a red bow around your neck because you have given yourself the best Christmas present.
294.5/251.5/155
kriskno

liked your comment

Postby symone » October 18th, 2005, 12:12 pm

Kriskno I loved your comment about tying a big red ribbon around her neck for Christmas once completing the Christmas Challenge. I signed up for the Christmas Challenge and when I hit my goal, I plan on doing just that.
Started 10/3/2005
246.5/240.0/150.0

I'm doing it!!!
symone

Postby kriskno » October 18th, 2005, 4:10 pm

Symone,

The red bow is not an original idea. Check out the thread 12 week count down Christmas Challenge under The Weight Room forum. I think it will be fun and definitely motivating.
294.5/251.5/155
kriskno

Postby MamaD » October 19th, 2005, 3:27 am

Well.... I made it thru day one!! :exercise: and you all know how significant that is!!

My little medibacksliding friend... think on this. Just think of how excited you were to see the lbs falling away...and what a wonderful feeling of accomplishment that was. You were on top of the world.... you are still on top of the world. Do you know how many people go on "diets" and never ever lose 20 bags of m's...4 bags of suhga?? Tons. Keep busy...stay to the plan.... divide your day into zones. Get them them one day at a time. Do as Nancy, the great one, says...drink that water and gulp out all those packets...hey, she lost over 130 pounds... (which is what my daughter weighs :shock: ) so she knows what she is talking about.

Something else, that I am going to keep reminding myself of is that this is fuel. :lol: Just fuel. I don't have to have a religious experience with it...I don't have to spend a lot of time thinking about it.... I just have to drink it.... and when I do that...I am not hungry...or tired or cranky!! I had to tell myself yesterday.... "Nope, you just gulped...you are not hungry.. " I had a very stressful day at work yesterday...so...I had to remind myself... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: " you are not hungry... you are not hungry....do you feel your tummy rumbling??? No... "

I realize that yesterday was my new day one, but I am a repeat offender so I know all the good lectures. This time I am using them on myself!! ;) ;)
Cee Cee
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby MamaD » October 19th, 2005, 3:30 am

PS!!

As for the Christmas Challenge... I love the bow idea. I think that I am going to drape one over the top of my fridge now...so that I have it ready! We have a huge foody season coming up... so that will help me. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cee Cee
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » October 19th, 2005, 11:03 pm

MamaD ~

I am so proud of you!

This is HUGE, Folks! MamaD did not cave in - she made it through her day!

She's clean!

Yahoo!

The red bow on the refer is a super idea - maybe chain the freezer side shut....the bow will remind you that as you temporarily set aside your foody friends, you are giving yourself the gift of health.

You are happy, you are healthy; YOU are happy, YOU are healthy; you ARE happy, you ARE healthy; you are HAPPY, you are HEALTHY...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby elle4nelly » October 20th, 2005, 3:50 pm

Hi lastdiet!!

you've come half way!!!!!!!! Don't make a u turn. Considering what you have left to lose, you are pretty lucky. I've got 100 to go and had a couple bad falls in the last 24 hours but I am not giving up.
Being OVERWEIGHT IS FAR MORE TIRING THAN DRINKING SHAKES FOR MONTHS ON END. And all that food, was, is and will be there. We're not missing out on anything. We would if we knew we would never see it again. But that's not the case! This is temporary AND IT IS A MEAN TO GET A HEALTHY SLIM BODY!!!!!!!! So get determined to get the rest of your weight off so you can slowly ease back into a more normal eating way.

Hang in there! you can do this and win this. I sure can't wait to be halfway through my goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be pure Euphoria!!!!!!
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby lastdiet » October 21st, 2005, 5:03 pm

thanks again everyone for your input :D

i'm proud to say that i have made it through the week and am down to 166. i am so thankful i came back to mf and that i found this forum. i know i would not have made it this far without you guys and the encouragement.

-e

how 'bout those astros!!!!!!!
7/27/2005
re-start 1/9/07
189/ 145
lastdiet

Postby LeeannNH » October 22nd, 2005, 12:50 pm

hi lastdiet

you can do it girl! i think we ALL go back and forth at times, i think you are strong to keep it at 5lbs. i also think its hard to lose weight...ok thats a big DUH! :oops: it is really hard to keep on track. i think its a big emotional attachment, at least it is for me. food is a safety, a friend and you shouldnt beat yourself up. its a relationship that you have to break-up with. you know like your first love or something.

hang in there girl, you can do this
leeann ;)
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

hi

Postby oregonrose » October 23rd, 2005, 7:26 pm

Hey "Last" congrats on getting back on track. I too am recently back on the wagon and its just as hard as the first time. I too lost 25 lbs and fell off the wagon, HARD. very emotional eating that bordered on "binging" whhich wasnt my style before I started the program-- not sure what that was about. I am getting out the red ribbons and will be on line with you all as we slurp to success. Its time we all did something for ouselves AND our damilies- getting healthy and fit! see ya, nancy
Knowledge is power
oregonrose
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room