Hello from a friendly new girl on the block!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello from a friendly new girl on the block!

Postby Alisha » June 22nd, 2005, 10:37 am

Hello everyone.

I've been trolling the posts for quite awhile today as I'm planning on ordering my first lot of Medifast tomorrow and wanted to see how people have done on the plan. Well what can I say? Outstanding to you all!

May I suggest that you go back into the original 10#, 20#, 30#... post and read some of your comments? It nearly made me cry. So many of you were so proud for hitting your first 10# goal - yet your profile read that you were in the 50# mark (it updates all the posts). How amazing, huh? To look back and see how far you've come... I don't know any of you but I'm so very proud!

I will be starting the Complete program as soon as I receive the shakes - probably sometime next week. I've tried just about everything under the sun to get this weight off and I'm praying this is the answer. I am currenly 5'3" and I weigh 252lbs. As you can see, I am dangerously overweight although, thankfully, I have not (yet) suffered any health detriments other than painful joints and feet due to the weight I drag around everyday.

This plan sounds like a dream to me because I hate to cook. The cooking bug must have ended with my grandmother's DNA because my mother and I are exactly the same (except she's a size 4!). I'm a grab and go kind of girl and this has certainly done me no favors. I have also added at least 3 days of Curves (the gym) into my daily routine, which has also clamped down on the time I have in the day. I expect this just may be the answer - especially since you can use the supplements to maintain the loss after you get there!

Anyway, it's nice to 'meet' you all and I look forward to reading more posts!

All the very best.

~Alisha
"I can resist everything but temptation"

~Oscar Wilde

Alisha
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 22nd, 2005, 11:23 am

Alisha....... :wavie: ......first of all welcome.....so glad you are joining us...... :yes: ......and I have to say this plan seems to be a perfect design for you....... :yay: ......grab & go.... :no: .....no thinking involved...... :bouncie: .....no cooking!!!!!!!!!!....... :boing: .....so supportive..... :clap: ........I could go on & on..........I wish you much strength and success on this journey and will be cheering you on each victory you achieve!!!!!!!!!!!!
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby suzyq » June 22nd, 2005, 11:24 am

Welcome Alisha! I look forward to seeing you around (the forum!). I love this program - I think it is so much easier not to have to decide what or how much of something I can have - it is either on the plan or not! And the support and inspiration here is the best too. :hi5: Keep reading - you'll find so many great ideas!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Emma » June 22nd, 2005, 11:36 am

Welcome Alisha!

I think you'll love MF - it's so easy and you don't have to deal with food (counting, measuring, seconds, thirds, blah, blah, blah). The hunger goes away so you can deal with cravings easier. I'm doing the 5+1 because my family loves to eat out alot, so I'm getting great at ordering just a lean & green meal. So if you go out once in a while, you can still have a lean and green and it shouldn't effect your losing.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your progress. Start a Ticker, they are fun!

emma
:D
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Welcome

Postby Diet Diva » June 22nd, 2005, 12:09 pm

Dear Alisha,

Welcome to the coolest internet spot around. This forum is fantastic and it will be great to hear all about your medifast progress as you get going on this fantastic program.
I completely understand about being dangerously overweight. I am barely 5'1" and @ one point topped out @ 310 lbs. I am happy to say I know weigh in @ 164.... I started medifast @ 238 lbs., and plan to use it to get to my ultimate goal of 110 ...You too will watch those numbers on the scale go down to a healthy weight. A healthy weight really is possible with medifast. Just stick to the program, believe in yourself each and every day that you have the strength to follow thru. You will do it!!!!

I wish you well. Please keep us posted. It will be great to see you move along in the pound clubs. Joining that first 10 pound club is pretty darn exciting...

Take care and thanks for joining us. Once again, welcome!

Diet Diva
Diet Diva
Trusted Member - #90 Club

Postby Ron » June 22nd, 2005, 12:40 pm

Good luck and every success on your journey to renewed health!
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!
Ron
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Sablebaby » June 22nd, 2005, 2:43 pm

Alisha, welcome!

This is my 2nd day and I just have to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE MF!!! :D With your lifestyle I'm sure this will be perfect for you. I hate to cook, too. The only thing that I can cook are perfect eggs. I was worried that I wouldn't like the taste of the shakes, but nope I do! :eat: I'm even thinking about doing the complete plan most of the time with all shakes and one bar.

Please stick around and post! Soon you will be loaing weight and having fun doing it! :exercise: :bounce:

:goteam:
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby DonicaB » June 22nd, 2005, 2:49 pm

Alisha~~Thank goodness you are a friendly new girl on the block. It is about time we got some friendly faces around here. This place is filled with mean people........... :shock: JUST KIDDING!..........this place is filled with some of the nicest people I have never met. :hug:

Donna is right......this does sound like a perfect fit for you. I can tell you itt definitely DOES work.......you just have to stick to it.

I am looking forward to cheering :cleader: with you when you make it into each and every club. Welcome.....welcome.....welcome.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.