I have to go to a Eat Out Function

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

I have to go to a Eat Out Function

Postby finalstraw » January 20th, 2004, 3:13 pm

I am going out of town with the hubby and we have to attend a dinner. I am trying to do the full fast because I have 100+ to loose. What do I eat? I have seen some post that suggest a low carb meal, does this need to be low fat also? Also, how do you get over the "I wish I didn't cheat feeling", I know I will have that one really bad. :|
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Re: I have to go to a Eat Out Function

Postby explorthis » January 20th, 2004, 3:44 pm

finalstraw wrote:I am going out of town with the hubby and we have to attend a dinner. I am trying to do the full fast because I have 100+ to loose. What do I eat? I have seen some post that suggest a low carb meal, does this need to be low fat also? Also, how do you get over the "I wish I didn't cheat feeling", I know I will have that one really bad.

Ok, here comes the voice of MIKE! Mike has some different views than others. My views are to be taken with a glass of water, not a grain of salt. This board is for all of us to VOICE our opinions, though mine are a bit harsh. I am a weight loss person just like you! I am no different than you, no anyone else on this board.

You say I am “TRYING” to do the full fast. What do I eat?

You ARE doing the 100% fast by choice. You do nave 100+# of weight to lose. Why would you hurt your progress (what ever it is 1-10-20 pounds) for an evening of eating, only to wake up and feel the guilt, and say “Why did I do that”

When you went to dinner in the past, what did your table mates eat? Do you even remember? Does it even matter? If you only have water, or actually mix a drink at the table, will anyone really care? Will anyone even notice, or if they do, will they remember in 2 hours? Probably not. In fact, they will probably be quite interested in what you are doing. It takes GUTS and DETERMINATION, which you have shown to start and follow through with a program like this. Who always says: It’s a short stint in the general scheme of your life to lose the weight” ME! This is a short time to lose the weight, why blow it?

Some will chime in here, and say it’s OK to have a salad. This is fine if you want. You’re the one saying your trying to do the 100% fast. Don’t try, do it. Be strong. I am not criticizing any of your comments, or methods, but you’re here for advice and support as all of us are.

I have lost 107 pounds in 134 (short) days because I opted to do the full fast. I was not interested in a “modified meal” This is the BEST thing I have ever done! Again, this is your choice.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby finalstraw » January 20th, 2004, 4:07 pm

Mike,

I could not agree with you more, but this is not about me for this one dinner, this is a business dinner with my husband and his co-workers. I am not ready to share with anyone what I am doing.

I say 'trying to do full fast' because I knew that times like this would come up. I just can't see me sitting at a table (at a nice resturant) with people I really don't even know and mixing a shake. I have considered drinking the shake literally in the parking lot, ordering a meal and then doing the push it around the plate thing, every now and then eating a piece of lettuce.

I don't want to jinx this and I am one of those people that when I set out to do something, I do it right, and I don't stop until I have finished. So, it will bother me that I will have strayed (even if I felt I had no other choice) from the Full Fast. :cry:
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw

Postby explorthis » January 20th, 2004, 4:15 pm

finalstraw wrote:this is not about me for this one dinner, this is a business dinner with my husband and his co-workers. I am not ready to share with anyone what I am doing.

...doing the push it around the plate thing, every now and then eating a piece of lettuce

Amen to you for supporting your hubby, and your dilligence in supporting/protecting your LOSS. Only you can do it.

Do just that.. Order that Salad. Have that bite or 4, know its not a cheating thing, and that you NEED NOT have any guilt feelings. Shove it around on the plate. Your not going out for YOU, or for YOU to eat, but as a supporter of YOUR Husband!

I am proud of you and your strength.. It takes WILL POWER, trust me...

Keep us posted.....

Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby sher » January 20th, 2004, 6:15 pm

aaahhhh those business dinners....how awful, or do this...tell them you are eating light, just NOT FEELING WELL....that ALWAYS works for me....then they will feel bad for you, oh well....or JUST getting over the flu bug, not much appetite..thats a good one too, people can relate to those reasons...you will be ok, hubby will be ok, and his business people will be ok with it too...just a suggestion......I am not drinking alcohol but OWN a bar...and I KNOW what the guys all say if I say DIET..because I never succeed...THIS time its.....I AM ON SOME MEDICATION, just can't drink for awhile..shuts up EVERYONE...that is a tiny white lie to get me through, sure beats the alternative...good luck girl, let us know and please post how you did...

Sher
starting again at 196
going for white pants AGAIN...lol....
goal - when I LOOK and FEEL good

God bless us all
Sherry
sher
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 20th, 2004, 7:17 pm

explorthis wrote:Amen to you for supporting your hubby, and your dilligence in supporting/protecting your LOSS. Only you can do it.

Do just that.. Order that Salad. Have that bite or 4, know its not a cheating thing, and that you NEED NOT have any guilt feelings. Shove it around on the plate. Your not going out for YOU, or for YOU to eat, but as a supporter of YOUR Husband!

I am proud of you and your strength.. It takes WILL POWER, trust me...

Keep us posted.....

Mike

You said it perfectly, Mike!! :)
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby finalstraw » January 21st, 2004, 7:23 am

Thanks all for your support, I talked with my hubby last night and he understand (and supports me) and we both no going into this that He will be eating leftovers.

I will be off the sight for a few days, good luck everyone. :D
Stephanie

Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw

Return to Weight Loss