gumballs and double-stick tape

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

gumballs and double-stick tape

Postby LeeannNH » July 14th, 2005, 2:45 pm

hi everyone!

im not sure if you guys remember this but i had a wedding to be in last week for my little sister. the dress was pink and green and yes with me in it. it looks like a gumball. i was really self-centered, thinking people would stare at me, thinking they would talk about how horribly fat i looked. :shock: i was not even considering that people would not notice me but would be fixated on my sister. thats pretty sad huh? anyway!:oops:

you guys were awesome and so supportive prior to my visit and i wanted to come here and share the success i had.

the first funny part was that i went to put on my dress the day before the wedding and it was about 2 sizes too big. i had to have someone take it in as much as they could, then had to use that body double-stick tape to hold it up. while i looked like a deflated balloon (or chewed up gumball!) it was pretty cool to have that experience. 8) that for sure has never happened to me in my life!

the second cool thing was that i decided to have one food thing at the wedding that i could not have here. it was the special mac and cheese that one of my family members makes. i had my mf shakes all day and for dinner had the m and c. i enjoyed it but the next morning i was back on mf. i did notice that i had a headache for about 2 days. i guess that was the side effect of eating something so carb loaded and getting my ketosis out of whack. it was worth it for sure but i was most excited about the ease i had in getting back into the program. it was definitely a result of coming here and reading about everyone's experiences of taking breaks and having success in getting back on program. thank you all for that great info. ;)

anyway--that is all i have to report. we had a wonderful time, the wedding was a hit, i lost 1.5# and i LOVE MEDIFAST!

have a good one guys
leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby martha » July 14th, 2005, 4:13 pm

LeeAnn--

WOW-- mac and cheese and still lost 1.5#-- you go girl.. I would of paid to be the little fly on the wall just to see your face when the dress was 2 sizes to big :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Just to see your smile right before the panic set in that this dress doesn't fit OH LORDY HELP-wheres the tape? :mrgreen: isn't it a great feeling though..I bet you were so pretty..no one is a better critic than ourselves..and the part about the chewed up gumball :D :D I almost peed my pants laughing at it.. You did great with your decision and then to jump right back into the MF program shows you are really determined to reach your goal.. CONGRATULATIONS on a job well done..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LeeannNH » July 14th, 2005, 4:46 pm

hey martha

thanks! it was really funny when i tried the dress on! i was freakin out!

i appreciate your response. i just wanted everyone to know that if i can jump back on mf that way than anyone can. i REALLY want to reach my goal but as you probably have guessed, i havent had the success that i have had with mf. that is what is keeping me going. i am a true foodie and was really afraid i would go berserck-o once i ate something off program. it was doable for me. im not going to make a habit of it but if my weight isnt off by thanksgiving, that will be my next planned "cheat"

you are doing really well too! congrats on your successes so far!!!!

yee haw
leeann
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby fatfree » July 14th, 2005, 5:15 pm

leann
wow! What a neat experience! How fun would that be to have the dress TOO SMALL!!! Im sure you looked terrific! I have fears about going places and people just staring at me too....I dont think they do but I still worry about it! I have cheated once so far ,on my daughters birthday. It wasnt a big cheat I just had a hamburger with BUN and some potatoe salad and a few chips, I didnt feel too guilty because I went right back on, But I am still going to try not to do it agian because I had got to the point of not being hungry and after my cheat I struggled with the hungries for about 2 days :cry: NO FUN.
Anyways congrats to you for dropping 2 dress sizes!! Keep up the good work, Pretty soon no amount of taking in will help....You will just be forced to BUY A NEW , SMALLER DRESS!! :bounce:
fatfree
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby LeeannNH » July 14th, 2005, 5:18 pm

thanks ff

i hear ya on the hungries. its amazing huh? i felt that way for 3-4 days after the mac and cheese. it has subsided! i figure that life happens and i cant be too strict or i will go insane. just like you had that little extra on your daughters bday. life happens!!

take care and good luck, i see that you are a newbie!!!
leeann :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Return to Come on in.