exercise tape

Fitness and Exercise

exercise tape

Postby ne14sand » June 2nd, 2008, 1:45 pm

I have a exercise tape I got. Its a biggest loser workout. It has a 5 minute warm up. then a 20min workout and then a 5 minute cool down. Was looking to start doing it. I have been on MF for over two months.

Should I do whole workout or half? I don't want to screw up my weight loss.
ne14sand
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Lauren » June 2nd, 2008, 1:58 pm

Exercising will never screw up your weight loss in the long run, it just may affect daily weights periodically. The whole MF philosophy/rule about waiting a few weeks to begin exercise is because your body is just getting adjusted to living off of so few calories, that to expend additional calories could potentially have negative effects like getting dizzy, weak, etc.

Now, if you do begin to incorporate the exercise, it's *possible* you will need to add an additional MF meal to your day, to help compensate for the calorie expenditure. This is only able to be determined by your hunger level and watching the scale a bit more. Also, only you can know how hard you exerted yourself during the exercise.

Either way, if you do add 25 minutes of exercise to your day, it can only benefit you in many ways, fitness, happiness, self-esteem, long-term weight loss and maintenance, appearance...shall I continue? :-)

If you're worried about the calories, just add the additional 100 calories MF meal - it shouldn't affect you in any substantial way regardless.

And enjoy! The best part of losing weight is the realization that we can enjoy exercise!!

Cheers,

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby jayzoe » June 2nd, 2008, 4:26 pm

I agree with Lauren, it's all for the best in the long run... we need to get in the habit of exercising daily regardless of what we're eating, so why not start now? I'm just restarting after a bit of an absence and I just got done with a work out (a dance one, I LOVE those! :mrgreen: ) and so far no problems... I'm trying not to obsess over my daily number, but I know it's hard!
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight -- Proverbs 3:5-6
jayzoe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby ne14sand » June 4th, 2008, 7:30 am

Thanks for the info. I am gonna start that tape on monday and see how it goes
ne14sand
Regular Member - #20 Club

Return to The Gymnasium