Gucci-Goo aka Dark & Stormy

1 Thread per registered User.

Gucci-Goo aka Dark & Stormy

Postby GucciGoo » June 10th, 2006, 12:05 pm

I will start this later :)
Last edited by GucciGoo on March 7th, 2008, 3:56 pm, edited 17 times in total.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby SharonR » June 17th, 2006, 10:18 pm

:felix:

When later? :D 8)
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby GucciGoo » June 19th, 2006, 10:29 am

LOL I am such a procrastinator!

Ok, I have been using Medifast since 5/5 and have been losing an average of 2.75 pounds per week. I wish I was losing 5-10 pounds per week like some other people, but I will take the 2.75 pounds as well.

I had a baby on Christmas Eve- and it seemed that my body got very attached to it's new weight. I am trying to reach my first goal of 147 for my cruise to Bermuda on July 15th. My highest weight was 204. I went down to 186 about a month later, then slowly lost another 11 pounds basically by almost-starvation and excessive cardio exercise. But them I plateaued for 2 months at 175. I was on the minimum WW points for two months and went to the gym 4x per week- and did not lose an ounce.

And nothing would help. Until I tried Medifast. I am currently at 158. At this rate I just might do it!
GucciGoo

Postby GucciGoo » June 23rd, 2006, 4:07 am

I think I need some help. I have fallen off the bandwagon a bit.

Yesterday I tried the Chai Tea for the first time. Maybe I drank it too fast or something, but it resulted in a major IBS attack at work. It is bad enough to be on such a restrictive diet, but then having a belly ache on top of it? I was so weak when I got home. I was even a little dizzy. I asked my husband to order some good food for me. I had a chicken pizza cheesesteak and some fries (about 10). I did not eat a lot of the roll it came with- I had mostly the chicken, red sauce, onions and peppers. But then when I felt icky again later on, I had one quarter of a roll with ICBINB spray.

I feel that I have let little things slip through, whereas I was SO strict before. For instance- I will have 4 tsp of ketchup with dinner instead of 2, thinking it really does not make a difference. And sometimes it really does not make a difference. I also have not been as obsessive about water as I should be. On some days I will only have 5-6 glasses of water.

But today I weighed in and only lost one pound this week. I have been losing on average about 2.75 pounds a week, so I know I am slacking.

I am very sad about this, because I was planning on getting down to my vacation goal weight of 147 pounds. I am currently at 157, and there are only 22 days to go. I know I won't be able to lose 10 pounds in 3 weeks.

Anybody? Please don't yell- just give me some motivation to be more strict. I also woke up with my son's cold this morning- strep throat and a 101 fever. So I feel wretched.
GucciGoo

Postby Sarya » June 23rd, 2006, 10:08 am

Hey sweetie. First of all the chai: I can't drink it. It does the same thing to me. I think it has more lactose in it than some of the other products. I also don't drink the hot cocoa or the cappucino.

Second: the cheat. We've both had success, and we're doing this for us. We can get back on that wagon and move on.

Remember we've spent our entire lives eating a certain way. We cannot change those habits overnight as much as we are trying to. Let us both go re-read the quick start guide this weekend and make a promise to follow it as closely as we possibly can. No more "oh a little bit more of this won't hurt" because a little more of this and a little more of that could easily lead to another piece of pizza for us, and we don't want that right now, right?

We can do it. We're strong. We had our moments of weakness and now we start again. *hugs*
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sarya » June 26th, 2006, 4:31 pm

hey, how are you feeling? Is your strep throat healing up ok??
Sarya

Postby GucciGoo » June 26th, 2006, 4:42 pm

No, it is awful. The doctor just called in Lidocaine spray because I am in so much pain. The percocet only helps for about 2 hours at a time. Bleh.

Today I had a bagel with butter for breakfast, grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup (from a diner) for lunch. I plan on only having more soup for dinner. I HAVE to get better and get back on plan if I want to be 147 pounds by July 15th. This is really screwing me up!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
GucciGoo

Postby Sarya » June 26th, 2006, 6:16 pm

I really hope you start to improve soon! I can't imagine how frustrating it must be, but you need to do those things for your health. You'll get back up when you're better and continue to lose. Even if you don't lose as much as you hope by the cruise, just think about how much better you look than if you hadn't been doing MF at all.
Sarya

Postby SharonR » June 27th, 2006, 3:18 pm

Oh honey I feel your pain! I was diagnosed with that just this sunday, it's awful. But antibiotics are really helping me! I totally blew it on Sunday...but I am back on track and feeling better.

Get some rest and drink lots of water, I know it's hard, but do it! :)

HUGGGSS...from one sickie to another
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby GucciGoo » July 5th, 2006, 11:41 am

Well I am feeling better and am back on plan. The weight does not seem to be coming off as fast.... it must be my water intake. I hate water. Hate hate hate. But I am really trying! I don't see myself going down to 149 lbs by my cruise on 7/15, but I hope I can get close.

I also need to stop scale-obsessing. there is no reason to weigh myself 3 times a day, then get upset when my weight goes up at night.
GucciGoo

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 6th, 2006, 9:07 pm

I'm so glad you got back on plan! How excited you must be about your cruise!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby GucciGoo » July 26th, 2006, 6:30 pm

I am so miserable.

I got home from my cruise on Saturday, and re-started MF on Sunday. I am having a lot of trouble focusing. Tonight I cheated and had an Italian hoagie/hero/sub/sandwich and doritos. That was after staying on plan for 3 days.

I am really mad at myself. I cannot get back into the groove of MF.

What also sucks is that I have training at work all week, and I cannot plan my shakes out exactly. We get short breaks so I have to really try to rush and get a shake prepared.

I am really bummed. Why was it so easy to stick to the plan before, but now I am struggling? This happens on every diet. I do so well for a while then I set myself up for failure by making excuses.

I have not lost anything in weeks because I was on vacation. It is really depressing.

How do I get back on track and STAY on track? I was so strict with the plan before. I made sure everything was perfectly measured, and I counted my water to the ounce. What happened?
GucciGoo

Postby Janae » July 26th, 2006, 7:01 pm

Personally, I think there is some kind of power in the force of our initial momentum! It is as though once that is stopped or interupted...it is just harder to get it going again.

But...it will happen. And should be a lesson to all of us that cheating costs extra time and frustration by not only slowing the losing down, requiring ketosis attainment once again...but also the added difficulty of "re-priming" the pump.

Living.....learning!

Janae
Janae

Postby Karli » July 26th, 2006, 7:21 pm

Hi BeachBaby, Sorry that you are bumming.

Have you thought about writing out (10) reasons that you want to lose weight ? A good friend of mine once said :

"Reasons are stronger than goals. Goals are the 'what;' reasons are the 'why'. Define your reasons before you seek your goals."

It hit me with regard to what we are doing here with TSFL. I wrote out my reasons and I am quite happy that I did. Sometimes when I am in doubt, I think about those reasons (or I read them) and I realize that what I am doing has a real purpose behind it (and it's bigger than any flavor or mere physical craving). That makes a difference for me, and perhaps it would for you, too.

Hope things perk up for you, and just start again tomorrow... it's a clean slate and you have valuable lessons to help you out with it.

Best wishes,
Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby GucciGoo » July 27th, 2006, 6:50 am

I am on plan today.

I just feel overwhelmed. There is lots going on in my life and it is making me hungry. It's nothing bad- just a lot of stuff- like I am stuck in training class working different hours than normal, I have to get back to the gym... just a lot on my mind and it is keeping me from seeing the goal.

I need to get back in the MF mindset.
GucciGoo

Next

Return to My Journal