Gucci-Goo aka Dark & Stormy

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby lifelovinaries » February 6th, 2008, 9:04 pm

dark and stormy wrote:This is getting kind of weird.

Maybe you all should start a Bikipatra fan club on myspace or something?

I haven't had the chance to post too much recently, but i have been trying to keep up... I couldn't let this one go! :roflmao: Uh, i'm with you beth!

Hope your belly is feeling much better real soon.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » February 6th, 2008, 9:36 pm

lifelovinaries wrote:
dark and stormy wrote:This is getting kind of weird.

Maybe you all should start a Bikipatra fan club on myspace or something?

I haven't had the chance to post too much recently, but i have been trying to keep up... I couldn't let this one go! :roflmao: Uh, i'm with you beth!

Hope your belly is feeling much better real soon.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Glad I'm not the only one! I nearly pee'd my pants when I read it :)
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Serendipity » February 7th, 2008, 4:49 am

Hey there, Beth. Just want to tell you - love your honesty and the way you preset it. Don't change. :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby DogMa » February 7th, 2008, 6:03 am

DarkAndStormy wrote:Well I am sure you are all sick of hearing about my belly issues. Hopefully it will all come to an end soon. I have my colonoscopy scheduled for 2/26. I know my GI doctor is not a big advocate of Medifast (he has seen too many people get the euphoria of losing weight fast, just to go back to eating crap and gaining everything back), but we'll talk about it.

Seems like that can be said of any weight-loss program. Something like 90 percent will either fail or reach goal but gain the weight back - usually plus some extra. I just got an e-mail at work from one of the local hospitals about bariatric surgery and how many patients are returning for a second operation because they've gained weight since the first one.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Mike » February 7th, 2008, 12:25 pm

DogMa wrote:
DarkAndStormy wrote:I know my GI doctor is not a big advocate of Medifast (he has seen too many people get the euphoria of losing weight fast, just to go back to eating crap and gaining everything back), but we'll talk about it.

I just got an e-mail at work from one of the local hospitals about bariatric surgery and how many patients are returning for a second operation because they've gained weight since the first one.

I resemble those remarks. The thing for me was that I didn't change my habits and didn't use the tools.
I'm still under my original weight after losing post surgery, so thats a good thing. I still have the same issues, but I am grateful for TSFL... its taught me new ways to tackle those issues and keep me from going back to old habits like I did.

Don't treat MF as a diet, treat it as a lifestyle change, and you will do much better. Most people who do "diets" will lose and then regain (85%). The people who make lifestyle changes are much more successful.

Glad you are rethinking things Beth. We wish you the best on your decision... and hope your tummy deals with things better.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby GucciGoo » February 9th, 2008, 6:47 am

Well, I spent most of yesterday in the E/R. I was having horrible right sided pain, and my whole abdomen was swollen. I thought I had appendicitis. After 7 hours of testing, they found that I have an ovarian cyst, and the worst case of IBS they have seen in a while. It's not diverticulitis, but they still want me to have another colonoscopy in two weeks.

I just think this has been drawn out as long as a human can possibly endure. I still do not know what I can eat/ what I can't eat/ what to avoid. Will have to wait and see what the colonoscopy shows.
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby GucciGoo » February 9th, 2008, 6:51 am

Mike wrote:
DogMa wrote:
DarkAndStormy wrote:I know my GI doctor is not a big advocate of Medifast (he has seen too many people get the euphoria of losing weight fast, just to go back to eating crap and gaining everything back), but we'll talk about it.

I just got an e-mail at work from one of the local hospitals about bariatric surgery and how many patients are returning for a second operation because they've gained weight since the first one.

I resemble those remarks. The thing for me was that I didn't change my habits and didn't use the tools.
I'm still under my original weight after losing post surgery, so thats a good thing. I still have the same issues, but I am grateful for TSFL... its taught me new ways to tackle those issues and keep me from going back to old habits like I did.

Don't treat MF as a diet, treat it as a lifestyle change, and you will do much better. Most people who do "diets" will lose and then regain (85%). The people who make lifestyle changes are much more successful.

Glad you are rethinking things Beth. We wish you the best on your decision... and hope your tummy deals with things better.

:mrgreen:

Thank you Mike!

Unfortunately I was one of the re-gainers. Life got stressful, Dylan was getting close to the Terrible Two's, work was stressful...I went back to my old friend, food. I saw it coming, as I gained 5 pounds, then 10, then 20...and I didn't care. I hate myself for it, but I felt that food was the one thing my cranky son, stressful job and busy life could not prevent me from enjoying. I know you all know what I mean, or you wouldn't be on this forum. And now I feel like I am at rock bottom again and have a long way to dig myself out. Health problems do not help at all.
GucciGoo

Postby lifelovinaries » February 9th, 2008, 10:10 am

DarkandStormy wrote:And now I feel like I am at rock bottom again and have a long way to dig myself out. Health problems do not help at all.

So you know what you gotta do? START DIGGIN! At least they are gettig closer to what is medically wrong...which must be a relief. You will be back in no time, losing the weight and feeling better about yourself. Just hold on...

lifelovinaries

Postby Out*With*The*Old » February 9th, 2008, 10:28 am

Beth, I'm so sorry that you're still having helath issues. It sounds like they are getting close to finding out what is wrong - I hope they do soon. We'll keep you in our prayers here!! Because ya prolly need one - :hug:

Keep your chin up, dig in and know that we're here to support you in your journey to optimal health!
Out*With*The*Old

Postby ChynnaDoll » February 9th, 2008, 2:21 pm

Beth, i want you to know that my prayers are also with you. I know it has been a rough road for you, but i'm praying that everything will ultimately be resolved in your favor so you can have FINALLY have the relief you so rightfully deserve. I'm SO glad it's not diverticulitis. Keep us posted about things alright?

Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DonicaB » February 9th, 2008, 3:36 pm

Beth~ Hi....I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you. Obviously you have been dealing with a great deal. We're here if you need us.

Doni
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby GucciGoo » February 10th, 2008, 2:04 pm

DonicaB wrote:Beth~ Hi....I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you. Obviously you have been dealing with a great deal. We're here if you need us.

Doni

Thank you! I know it is annoying the have all these weird intangible problems. I wish I could just take a pill and make it all better. The good news is, I did take a prescription pill last night called Amitiza. It is prescribed for severe and chronic constipation and bloating. It worked wonderfully, and I actually feel less pressure and bloating in my lower abdomen. It's the first time I have not felt like a hot air balloon since December.

I still have to wait for my colonoscopy results before I think about re-starting MF, but if I feel good tomorrow, I will re-start my exercise. My neighbor is a yoga instructor and is begging me to join her Tuesday night class. So I will be doing that to start.
GucciGoo

Postby GucciGoo » February 10th, 2008, 4:29 pm

Testing my signature.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby DogMa » February 10th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Beth, I'm so sorry. You must be SO frustrated, which can't be helping your tummy problems any. I hope they can finally resolve this soon, and I'm glad the new med helped, at least.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby lifelovinaries » February 10th, 2008, 5:03 pm

DarkAndStormy wrote:Testing my signature.

...i don't know beth... is she laying there in her bra? I think i'm offended. Now if she was holding a tomato or a pin cushion, i would not be offended! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bikini, here i come too, so i am wit ya girl!

lifelovinaries

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal