Ground meats

Add your favorite recipes.

Ground meats

Postby LeeannNH » May 18th, 2005, 9:05 am

hi everyone!

i had a quickie question about ground meats. i just bought some ground chicken and didnt know if it was ok to consider it a chicken. ok i know that may sound totally stupid, especially after seeing it typed out in black and white! :oops:

the reason i ask is that i have my starter book that says 5 oz. of lean protein. then i read on the mf official website that you are supposed to eat 7 oz of chicken, fish and 4-5 oz of beef.

so...do i consider ground chicken as a 7 oz or 4-5 oz. i dont know if it is all white meat!!! oy!! :dooh:

also one last question. is salsa (no sugar added) considered a condiment or should i measure it as part of my "green" in my "lean and Green"

thanks guys and your feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!! :mrgreen:
leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Good Question...

Postby eddieHoustonTX » May 21st, 2005, 9:52 am

That is a great question!

What I believe is that since it is chicken, you would use chicken portioning. However, I personally would stay away from anything ground simply because of the fact that when they process ground meat, beef, chicken or whatever, they use filler such as fat! You cannot see it, even if it says "lean" I would not trust them! It's all about cost. If they can use less chicken meat and more fat to effect the same quantity, that is more cost effective for them. Therefore for myself, I only use the cuts of boneless meats so I can see what I am eating. Good Luck!
Edward Flinn
Houston, Texas USA
[/url]
eddieHoustonTX
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » May 23rd, 2005, 8:29 pm

eddie is right on - go with the lower portion size, LeeannNH because it undoubetdly has added fat to make the chicken stick together.

The salsa is a condiment and a great addition to many foods.

a celery stalk with a little salsa down the middle

Salsa can be added to Medifast Chili, to the Creamy Tomato soup, Robust Tomato Fast Soup and also added to the Minestrone.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine