Ground Hog Day!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Ground Hog Day!

Postby 70 » July 8th, 2005, 7:06 am

Hey everyone,
Has anyone ever seen that movie "Ground Hog Day", where the guy keeps reliving the same day over and over again? Well, I feel that's me on the M.F. plan. Everyday I start out saying , "I will get through just today without cheating." By the evening time I always end up cheating. Then I have to restart over again the next day and it happends all over again. The good thing is that just by staying on plan most of the day, I've still lost a few pounds, so imagine what would happen if I actaully stuck to the plan like I'm supposed to! So far so good this morning. Hopefully I will stick to it this time. I originally started back on plan the very end of May and still haven't been able to stick to the plan without cheating for more than 4 days, and every morning I go back on plan with intentions of sticking to it. MARTHA....When I read your post that said you have already lost over 50 lbs. in less than three months, I just so wanted that to be me. I give you so much credit. I remember you from the last time we were both doing M.F. You are such a good person. Well that's my confession and hopefully today will be the first day that I stick to the plan until goal.

Thanks Everyone,
Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Postby martha » July 8th, 2005, 12:46 pm

70-----

I know all about cheating just like you have been doing.. I also use to do good on other diets for the whole day and then late at night(and I mean late) I would eat and eat and eat till I was almost sick; then start to berate myself for blowing it again..you can do this!!! if I can anyone can and look at all the other Mf people on this forum and how well they are doing.. It does take determination but if you could just find something else to do when the eating mood hits --it helps(i put puzzles together) I had to make 2 kinds of fudge last night as gifts for b.days..and I thought about just stopping for the night--put a small piece of each in my mouth to test for the smoothness and spit it out and washed my mouth out :mrgreen: BUT then i thought about the headaches again and the point of letting myself down again..I've neer done that before-Once it hit these lips it was all over--- No one but me can break this program and I promised myself I wouldn't..It's hard cause I have to cook everyday for mom and being from Louisiana I ccok food I like too(Heck I love all food :mrgreen: ) Then I sit with everyone who eats and have a shake or lean and green meal.. Its not the same but like Nancy says(just love her) I can have it later on after goal..
70-- It can be you losing the weight all you have to do is believe in yourself and see MF though till the end.. Then the new you will emerge and you will be smiling and proud to say 'I did it"I have total faith in you and please feel free to email me anytime the need hits--no matter what time --I want this for you as bad as you want it too..your friend--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Terri » July 8th, 2005, 2:43 pm

HI there
I just saw that movie - love it!!!
My suggestion is to do a little soul searaching to find your "why" -
So much of gaining or loosing is wrapped up in our heads.
I have found that most people until they they have "their" why - for them - will not stick with it. Being motoivated because others want you to weigh less - will not do it.
Often I have our clients make a list of ten reason why they want to "Take Shape for Life"
List ten reasons in no particular order
Example:
Compfortable in jeans - be able to keep up with my children - feel healthier - show off at the class reunion - because someone said you can't - to give a great example of how to live a healthy life to my children - to be there when my children get married - beacuse first impressions go a long way - to get off medications that have other side effects - to prevent further disease - to avoid sugery - To let out the real YOU - increased energy ect.................... :)

everyone has their own reasons -
Make your list and post it everywhere - then when you are tempted to "cheat" read your list and then have a shake!!
After your shake you will feel full -
Also think HOW PROUD of yourself you were that you warded off that "cheat" again.

YOU CAN DO IT!!

PS if you put something other than the 5 and 1 in your mouth - forgive youeself - take a shake and move on. :lol:

Terri and David
Wow this is such a great program
- David and Terri Miller

Terri
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby martha » July 8th, 2005, 4:59 pm

Terri--

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: you hit the nail on the head with that message.. I am going to make my list as soon as I get off.. only had 1 reason before --never thougth about 10..Thanks--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby 70 » July 8th, 2005, 5:42 pm

MARTHA & TERRI,
Thank you so much for your support and suggestions. It feels so good to know others that understand what I am going through and still take the time to care enough to extend such amazing support! I got a little choked up reading your replies and trust me when I tell you I do not get choked up easily. While reading your replies I actually felt the empathy and caring that you guys emmitted. Martha.....I will definitely take you up on that offer and would love to E-mail you from time to time. "Ditto" for me too. Keep in touch and thank you, thank you , thank you!

Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Postby martha » July 8th, 2005, 7:20 pm

70--

I am sooo excited about us emailing each other.. I get so lonely here by myself all the time.. and it makes me want to EAT!!! I am trying so hard not to break this program.. hubby has a week long training in Houston mid Sept. and I would love to go (i usually don't go--feel like people are saying "poor man--look how big his wife is" ) I know its in my head but after putting on weight(and I do mean weight )I just have no self-worth left.. BUT I must say since finding all of these great caring people at this forum--that is changing YEAH!!!! I really get alot of support off this forum and that makes me want to follow though with MF.. Look forward to keeping up with you.. Tink started a secret pal type group and we all get a new person each month to encourage with cards or what ever.. you need to consider sending her your name and address so we can have it too.. :mrgreen: I just mailed my 1st one off today..
You can do this!!!!!!! and if you fall I am here and ready to help lift you up so we can take this path together..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby Nancy » July 8th, 2005, 8:12 pm

Check out my Newsletter Archives where I mentioned having a Body Buddy...http://www.makemethinner.com/newsletter/medifast-october-newsletter.htm
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby martha » July 8th, 2005, 8:47 pm

Nancy--

Thanks I haven't seen that one yet.. sisn't even know it existed :mrgreen: will check it out now..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby martha » July 8th, 2005, 8:48 pm

Nancy--

Thanks I haven't seen that one yet.. didn't even know it existed :mrgreen: will check it out now..Martha

Duh can we say" CAN"T SPELL" actually it should say "CAN"T TYPE" :mrgreen:
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby Nancy » July 8th, 2005, 9:33 pm

Hunny ~

Don't worry about the typage...happens to all of us...hey, looky up there ^ do you see that little 'edit' clicky button?

If you doink on the clicky you can fix up your boo-boos and re-submit the writtage...

:heart: the edit clicky!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby martha » July 8th, 2005, 9:44 pm

NANCY--
Thanks I am new to this computer stuff and still learning.. that's one I never knew.. have pictures too but have to wait till hubby comes home to send them as I don't have a clue :mrgreen: he comes home on the 20th --so on the 21st I will send a before and an updated one from vacation..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby Nancy » July 9th, 2005, 3:05 pm

We can't wait to see your pictures, Martha!

I don't know how to do all these tekkie things either - we all have or own areas of expertise and we all have our unique ways of helping one another.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby mytime » July 9th, 2005, 6:08 pm

Martha - you are doing great and I keep seeing your weight ticker go down !!!! Can't wait to see your pictures. I think your posts are so supportive and thougtfull !! I am dsylexic and perfectionistic -and there is no spell checker - as least that I can find. I am just like you - leave the techs to the techs. We get to be really great at other things. I was going to sweat not being able to spell on here and then just said whatever - people here our kind enough to support us bad spelling and poor tech skills or not. Keep up the great job !!! YOU ROCK - Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.