I am going on a trip, how do I handle this?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I am going on a trip, how do I handle this?

Postby lan » September 21st, 2005, 6:48 pm

My daughter and I are traveling to Italy next week. We are going to the small town where my grandfather grew up. We will be staying with extended family (people that I do not know) who speak a language I do not understand. This is a small town--my daughter and her new husband stopped there on a honeymoon trip. She thinks this will be wonderful--I do too, and yet I am worried about the logistics of staying on this diet while in someone else's home. They also may not understand why I am bringing my own food or that my one regular meal a day needs to be lean and green--not homemade pasta.

Help--any ideas?
Lan
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

lan
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby dlr2424 » September 22nd, 2005, 6:47 am

Lan...............if you want to stay compliant it really is pretty easy when your traveling..............I would let them know you are on a medically supervised eating plan........ :guzzle: ......bring your needed packets.....(plus extra's in a carry on in case of lost luggage)........(now losing my medifast would be a nightmare...... :x .......the little demons inside of me would surely flare up...... :twisted: ...)..........there is always water everywhere you go...... :yes: .....I would plan ahead..........stock up on RTD's....and bars when your out & about...........and as far as your L&G.... :hmmm: ......I think they always have salad...........and if there is only pasta to choose from then I would try the complete plan........or try your best to be on plan.............think of it like this:.....if you were on a diabetic or heart healthy diet because your health was in jeopardy no one would question you....... :goodluck: .....best of luck to you and ENJOY your travels........

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Carbshateme » September 22nd, 2005, 7:04 am

Everyone is gonna get mad at me for saying this... BUT....

as someone who has been to Italy numerous times, you are going to have a hard time staying on plan. Especially if you are staying with extended family. Especially if they don't speak English. Italians are VERY hospitable, and that also means they are easily offended if you don't eat what is served to you. Now, if it were me, I would stay on plan as much as possible. I would bring as many Medifast items as I could, and I would also try to get in as much walking as possible. But I would also enjoy some of the wonderful food ... How many times do you get to take this sort of vacation?! The Medifast will be here for you when you return. Have a wonderful trip, don't beat yourself up if you do eat, and try to make the best choices possible. Take lots of pictures for us!
Carbshateme
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room