Back from my trip :(

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Back from my trip :(

Postby Kimbob » February 7th, 2004, 9:57 am

Well, I'm back.

The situation was impossible for food. Hours on planes with the only food being served NOT a good option - and then the meetings.

Breakfast meetings in the hotel followed by 9 hours locked in a single room without even a lunch break. They would just bring food in, and NONE of it gave good choices. Then straight out to a restaurant (usually italian or something equally scary) and then back to bed. No opportunities to sneak away to make shakes (no way to even carry the stuff around).

Needless to say it went badly from a food perspective. I was basically off plan for four days - and I gained.

Thankfully I'm back and in no way tempted to STAY off plan. I just have to get back on the horse now and start over. I'm not looking forward to the next three days (unfortunately I know what to expect this time), but FORTUNATELY I know how great it will be when those days are over.

Kimbob the Returned
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby star85 » February 7th, 2004, 11:51 am

Welcome back Kimbob. It's good to have you back with us!

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby HD » February 7th, 2004, 3:06 pm

Welcome back, I know you thought about us while you were chawing down on real food :lol: Sorry about the gain but good news is Your back and ready to dig in for the long haul.
Hang tight through the dreaded 3 days, we're here should you need us.
Jackie (HD)

01/24/2004
193/151/124
HD
Trusted Member - #40 Club

dont be hard on you

Postby TamiL » February 7th, 2004, 3:24 pm

Hey Kimbob
Dont be too hard on yourself!! you were out of your 'element" when you were away..and you perhaps ate more than you should have or didnt make the right choices..but let me just share something with you...
I have realized..that the reason I have struggled with weight is becasue I was always to hard on myself when I "slipped up" after a few weeks or months or even days of doing "good"!! I had that attitude where I would tell myself "well I already ate this..so I might as well eat that...and I overate today..so Ill start tommorrow"...etc...you know the words I am talking about!! I think we have all used them..our brains play that awful "eat more..it aint gonna matter now" trick on us!! but the DIFFERENCE and CHANGE we all need to make is...to get out of the way we USED To think..and change that.

What we want for ourselves today...STARTS NOW...not the day we started medifast..but RIGHT NOW THIS very minute...like that saying goes" why put to tommorrow what you could get done today?"!!!! ;)

okay so you fell...okay so you gained a few pounds back...but IM PROUD of you for starting right back on it!! thats the way we have to be from now on...pick your self up and try again...stay determined.
maybe the Old you would have said "oh well..I may as well eat the rest of the week"...but your brave and determined...so you started RIGHT BACK!! thats great!!

happy shakin....those little pounds you put on will come right back off!
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby sher » February 7th, 2004, 3:48 pm

ISN'T IT AMAZING HOW IN OUR WONDERFUL COUNTRY, ALMOST EVERY EVENT IN OUR LIVES HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH FOOD...I THINK THIS WILL BE THE HARDEST HILL TO CLIMB FOR ALL OF US...WE ARE SUCH AN UNHEALTHY SOCIETY, ITS PRETTY DARN SCARY, WHEN YOU THINK OF ALL OF THE DISEASE, I AM CONVINCED THAT A LOT OF IT HAS TO DO WITH THE CRAP WE HAVE PUT IN OUR BODY SINCE FAST FOOD EVOLVED...THEY WASHED THE NUTRIENTS DOWN THE DRAIN, COVERED IT WITH WHITE FAKE FOOD, COOKED IT IN YELLOW FAT, ADDED THINGS TO EAT THAT WE CANNOT EVEN PRONOUNCE, PUT IN PRESERVATIVES THAT WOULD KEEP A DEAD PERSON PROBABLY LOOKING GOOD FOR YEARS, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, THIS IS NOT WHAT WE SHOULD BE EATING....WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO REAL FOOD ANYWAY....SO WHAT IS REAL, NOT A THING REALLY...UNLESS YOU GROW IT AND PROCESS IT YORSELF...THATS WHERE I ADMIRE THE AMISH....I WILL BE THEY USE NO CHEMICALS...BUT THEN I DON'T KNOW FOR SURE...BUT KIM, YOU DID THEY BEST YOU COULD...HOPEFULL YOU MADE GOOD CHOICES, THATS ALSO WHAT WE ARE UP AGAINST WHEN THIS HAPPENS, AND ITS GONNA HAPPEN A LOT FOLKS, SO WE BETTER GET GEARED UP FOR IT...SUMMER IS COMING..GADS ZOOKS...BBQ'S, GRADUATIONS, WEDDINGS, BIRTHDAYS AND OUR ANNIVERSARY, REUNIONS, THESE ARE ALL BUILT AROUND FOOD..SO WE ALL HAVE SUCH A HURDLE, ONE THAT THE THIN PERSON NEVER HAS TO WIN AT...SO THIS IS NOT JUST ABOUT MAKING CHOICES, BUT IT IS A LIFE OF MAJOR DECISIONS..NOW I REFUSE TO TURN DOWN ANY OF THESE OUTINGS...SOOOOOOO...I HAVE TO GET PREPARED MENTALLY...THATS WHAT THIS IS KIM, DON'T YOU AGGREE....LIKE TERRY AND NANCY, WOW OH WOW....I WISH THEY WOULD READ THIS, AND MAKE A POST ABOUT DAY TO DAY LIFE, AND TEMPTATIONS, AND STRESS ......BECAUSE THESE OUTINGS USED TO BE FUN, AND I LOVED TO EAT AND HAVE MY MILLER LITE, OR WINE...THOSE DAYS ARE GONE...SO HOW DO WE COPE, AND HOW DO WE KEEP IT UNDER CONTROL....SO HEY, ANYONE WITH SOME INSPIRATION WOULD BE GREAT...I AM MOTIVATED, MOST HERE ARE, I THINK WE NEED SOME TEACHINGS ON HOW TO HANDLE THESE SITUATIONS....SO WE CAN ALL SUCCEED TOGETHER..
SHER
starting again at 196
going for white pants AGAIN...lol....
goal - when I LOOK and FEEL good

God bless us all
Sherry
sher

Postby shineface » February 7th, 2004, 6:14 pm

Hi Kimbob ----- you sound good girl ---

it is hard to have to rethink how we do everything BUT you are right back at it and that's what counts!!!

Traveling SUCKS - in plain english. It just makes everything else that much harder - but re-training is possible to all of us -- according to Nancy it can be done and she is living proof.

A couple things I've done lately trying to retrain myself and not get caught in a situaltion that will sabotage me. I bought one of those little six pack cooler bags at the dollar store - it's totally light weight and I don't think it'd keep anything too cold for long!! Anyway this is my life pack - it contains at all time at least 6 shake mixes a 20 oz bottle of water for mixing - a fast shake shaker - some sweetener - a small bottle of strawberry extract - a spoon, a pkg of soup, one of oatmealand a couple of bars. IT GIVES ME CONFIDENCE - I carry a tote bag or big purse and stuff it in there. I've mixed a shake in the car, hotel room, a hallway, and YES bathroom stall -- to get what I needed. I've eaten a bar walking across a parking lot and riding in an elevator. If there's hot water in a meeting for tea - I've thrown a chicken noodle pkg in a cup and covered it over and let it sit a while -- even without the microwave it cooked enough to get down. I've adopted the old motto "FAIL TO PLAN - PLAN TO FAIL"....

It's so hard but with the help of everyone here I continue to get more information and think more about what I am doing and need to do ---hope this helps. You all help me soooo much.
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby sher » February 8th, 2004, 1:36 am

PAM, SOME TERRIFFIC IDEAS, I PLAN TO IMPLEMENT THEM IN MY LIFE...THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE IDEA...

SHER
starting again at 196
going for white pants AGAIN...lol....
goal - when I LOOK and FEEL good

God bless us all
Sherry
sher

Postby shineface » February 8th, 2004, 6:33 am

Hi Sher --

It is helping me ---- I figure if I can be half as creative in planning today as I used to be when I wanted to sneak in those four donuts or trip thru the drive-thru to carb/calorie hell ----- I should do great!!!! lol

keep slurpin' and postin' --- together we will do it!!!!!
5/1/05=279.6
shineface

Postby Jade » February 8th, 2004, 8:46 am

Welcome home Kimbob. Great to have you back. Time to rock n' roll again! Great post Sher. I couldn't agree more. Jade
Jade
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby Marsha » February 8th, 2004, 10:00 am

Kimbob and everyone,

Welcome back and congratulations for going right back on plan!

I'm with Pam - planning is so important..... I think it helps you get into a "mind-set". This past week I had 2 events, that I had been thinking about and planning how I would handle them for weeks. One was a banquet where I knew what would be on the menu - Italian - salad, garlic toast, chicken picata, stuffed shells and dessert - all served on a buffett! I knew for the past 2 weeks what I would eat - a small chicken breast (and I was able to choose a small appropriate piece) and salad. The second event was my anniversary. My husband offered to take me out to dinner, but I am on the full fast and I thought it would be just a waste of money, so we had filet mignon at home with salad! My husband also had smoked gouda mashed potatoes (yum) and I treated myself to one bite! I also had a half glass of Cabernet (I know, a no-no!). But, overall, I feel that I was able to successfully get past these two events with a little bit of planning. I am very glad that nothing else is coming up in the fore seeable future - so I can get back on the full fast.

Keep going Kimbob! Your posts are always so positive, I will just call you Kimbob the Inspiring!
[url]Image[/url]
Marsha
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 9th, 2004, 9:33 am

Welcome back, maybe your body will think you are doing week 1 over and you will have an amazing drop and in a few days be less than you were before you left. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Kimbob » February 11th, 2004, 9:29 am

Thanks for all the encouragement, guys!

Actually, getting back on plan was easier than I thought. I was tired, but that could have been jetlag, and I didn't have any of the light-headedness or irratibility that marked my first three days on program.

The exciting news is that of yesterday morning those three pounds are GONE again - WOO HOO!

Over all, January was a lousy month for me, program wise. It was my own fault, and I have no-one to blame but myself. I didn't gain (outside of that trip), but I didn't lose much, either. At least I held tight.

Well, I'm back, I'm motivated, and I'm heading DOWN.

Kimbob the Thrilled
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby shineface » February 11th, 2004, 9:56 am

Hi Kimbob---

So glad you are back and doing so well! I love to see you postin' and I know you're slurpin' ---- GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

I weighed this morning too and (even tho Sat morning will be my three week weigh) I am so excited ---I can't remember the last time I went below 270 and this morning I'm at 269.5 -- YAHOO!!!!! That's 20 . 5 pounds on day 18 ----- I can't believe this program - it is everything you all have said and more -------- my finding this forum has made all the difference!

Everyday I know more and more that together we can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let' keep hangin' on and slurpin' and shakin' and postin' together!!!
5/1/05=279.6
shineface

Postby Tami who forgot to signin » February 11th, 2004, 10:09 am

Kimbob...your back in the groove and youll be going down in no time!! :D

Shineface...CONGRATS on your loss!! thats great..its always great to get out of a "number" you have been stuck at..and to a lower number you havent seen in a while!! good for you !!

keep shakin girls...Im pumped after weighing myself this morning!! 10 pounds gone....40 more to go!! Ill get there..slowly..but surley!! :-P

thank god for this forum.... :D

Tami
Tami who forgot to signin

Return to The Weight Room