gained my weight back in 72 hours!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

gained my weight back in 72 hours!

Postby krandle » November 15th, 2004, 7:38 pm

COULD SOMEBODY TELL ME REAL QUICK. How do you gain 8 pounds in 72 hours when you are doing the fast with a 200 calorie meal. And let me add i work out 3 1/2 hrs a day. I have that kind of time on my hands. I don't lift weights it is all cardio. Please because i am about to get my grub on in a major way. :x
krandle
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DutchChoc » November 15th, 2004, 8:28 pm

??? Hold off on getting the grub on -- because if you're already unhappy, realize how it will feel once you've done that. Ask me, because I've been there lately and ... more on that later, perhaps.

What's happened? Do you mean that without "faltering" you've been smacked with an 8-pound "fine"? Seems fairly unlikely to me, short of weight retention.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby krandle » November 15th, 2004, 9:45 pm

No snacking i am very easily consuming 800 calories a day and buring 2000 a day with my work out. Could that much weight be water weight?!!!!!!!!
krandle

Postby Nancy » November 15th, 2004, 10:34 pm

You are over-exercising - BIG TIME and not drinking enough water.

Knock off that exercise NOW.

Your body is holding on to every single calorie it can grab. When you over work and under feed, the body will not release weight.

Stop the exercise.

:water:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

okay

Postby krandle » November 16th, 2004, 1:27 am

I will do that. But after i posted that last post. I worked out some more. I did 1 1/2 hours on my bike, walked 8 miles, the sizzler work out(47 minutes), 30 minutes of abs. All in one day. I freaked out when i weighed myself today. I am so afraid of gaining my weight back that i honestly can't not think straight. I am so scared. I don't have any support at home. None. I can't seem to find a balance. And why does water have such a profound affect on weight loss? Do a person look like they gained eight pounds when they work and follow the plan or is it just the scales saying it? Help!!!!! I am so serious. :shock:
krandle

Re: okay

Postby BerkshireGrl » November 16th, 2004, 4:44 am

Like Nancy said, if you work out as much as you are (HOLY COW by the way), your body is not going to drop ANYTHING while you are on Medifast! Working out even more in desperation will not help.

Don't be scared... Just relax. Deep breaths... you are doing too much. You need to cut it down, waaaaay down on the exercise. If you want MF to work, you need to follow the plan and do 1 hour MAX of cardio a day. I'm serious! More exercise will HURT you - not help you! This is not Boot Camp, it's a very low-calorie diet, and with that comes rules.

Water has such a big effect on weight loss because your body's cells are mostly water. When you lose weight, a lot of it gets flushed out initially when your body burns stored glycogen. When you OVERexercise, your muscle cells can actually PULL IN extra water and hold on to it for dear life.

8 pounds showing up on the scale is most likely just (a lot) of retained water if you have been eating on the MF plan. Cut the heavy cardio load you are putting your body through if you want to lose the weight. Period.
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby fedup » November 16th, 2004, 9:12 am

Oh my goodness! That is Waaaayy too much exercise! I know how you're thinking.... the more I burn off the more I'll lose!? right? I used to be like that too. With MF it doesn't work that way. Gently exercise at first, build up to more moderate. And never 3 or 4 hours a day! Your body is probably scared stiff right now! And the water really really helps me. I think of water and this forum as my 2 best friends to help with my MF. I find that the more water I drink the more I lose.
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby krandle » November 16th, 2004, 9:20 am

Okay i get. Drink more water. This is so hard to me. I don't like water. And this moring my knees hurt. Bad. Okay i will calm down and have a faith in the product.
krandle
krandle

Postby RavenKat » November 16th, 2004, 12:29 pm

Yeah, but did you get the "stop exercising so hard" part? ;)

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » November 16th, 2004, 12:38 pm

Krandle,

When I began Medifasting, I began some exercise only after I had been on the program for two months. I weighed less than you do and my exerise was brisk walking for 10 minutes, then 15 minutes and then 20 minutes. My weight loss came to a virtual stand still. I stopped exercising and my weight loss picked up. I did not reintroduce exercise until I got down to a much lower weight and when I did, it was moderate walking on the treadmill, three times a week. Once I got to goal weight and started transition and maintenance, I began exercising regularly.

At your current weight right now and the fact that this is the early stages of fat burning, it is not in your best interest to do what you are doing. Even one hour of cardio is too much for you at this point.

In the early stages of Medifast, the toxins, the food additives, food preservatives and burned fat need to be flushed out. Drink your water.

Water rushes to support and surround injured joints and stressed muscles, too, which can result in temporary water gain. Drink your water to push out the recently retained fluids. Have 1-2 servings of Medifast Fast Soup or bouillon. Lay off the exercise.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby krandle » November 16th, 2004, 2:44 pm

Yes i got that part too. And thank you all. I have calmed my nerves. ;)
krandle

Postby Alicia40 » November 16th, 2004, 3:58 pm

Hey there everyone just want to make a report on my progress this far. I started on 11/5/04 and am down 7 lbs. I cannot believe it. I have not been faithful and if not have cheated it may have been more. I am happy with my progress this far and so I will put in my second order for my MF products. I was feeling skepitical but realize its my old way of doing things thats wants to mess me up :shock: . I need to stick with this and I totally love the convenience of not having to make a lunch in the morning. I just grab the packets and go, how easy is that. I heard someone say here, cannot remember who it was because I do more reading that posting it seems, she said will what I do/eat/have now help me in my long term goal. I keep trying to remember that!
Peace & Blessings,
Alicia

Start: 11/05/04
Alicia40

Postby Nancy » November 16th, 2004, 4:01 pm

Weigh to go, Alicia!

Very soon you will be below 240 - :hi5:

Just think what will happen when you are program-compliant!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby DutchChoc » November 16th, 2004, 5:39 pm

Wow, krandle. I'm glad you piped up on your situation in time. Sara, you have such a soothing manner about you -- it stands out, and Kat's subtle humor, lol. This is a great group. Everyone contributes.

Thatsa lotov exercise! So on the money about the body being scared stiff and taking in the water/muscle fuel.

I hope you have your feet up a bit, now. I hope you'll let us know how it's going for you.

Good work, Alicia.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby krandle » November 16th, 2004, 8:55 pm

Hello all
I did not exercise once today. Today will be the first time i have not exercised in 14 days. It feels weird. My body is soooo sore. I wonder why.lol. I did drink a gallon of water today, and i am down 3 pounds. Thank for the head up. But it is still hard to drink water. I just put my straw in the gallon and slurp away.

peace
krandle

Next

Return to The Weight Room