I gained TWO pounds!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I gained TWO pounds!!!

Postby bikipatra » April 7th, 2005, 5:21 am

I have not been cheating. I even stopped eating bleu cheese dressing. I drank all my water yesterday. I am quite upset. Staying the same is one thing...gaining is another... :x
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby raederle » April 7th, 2005, 5:55 am

Try to be patient. This will happen as your body adjusts to what you're doing to it-- women, especially, whose weights flucuate anyway because of menstrual cycles, will see their weight move up and down over the course of MF. But the overall TREND will be down, down, down. As with any trend, though, you need to focus on overall results, and it's just too soon to discern any pattern. Stick with it for at least a month, try to weigh only once a week, and trust that MF DOES work. You just need to be compliant and let it do its job. I kept a graph of my weight loss, and it looks exactly like an EKG-- down and up, down and up, down and up-- every week. But I did lose the weight after giving myself time and being patient. You will, too!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby kassilou » April 7th, 2005, 7:40 am

I've done the same thing. It is absolutely maddening.

Obviously if you're compliant to the program you couldn't possibly really gain, but we can retain lots of fluid! :x Hang in there. Don't weigh every day, if you can stay away from the scale (I know I can't!) :lol: It HAS to come off eventually!
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » April 7th, 2005, 7:41 am

I do always suggest that people not weigh every day, at least not until they've been on the program for awhile and trust it and can handle this sort of a daily weight fluctuation. Chances are if you were weighing just on Sundays for roll call you would never even have noticed this two pound "gain," and so wouldn't be upset by it.

Trust the program; it works. As Rae says, it's probably related to your cycle.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 7th, 2005, 7:48 am

Daily weighing is something that I do, but the important weigh in is on Sunday mornings.

It may seem like you gained two pounds since yesterday, but in reality.......don't you still show a net loss for the week?

Let's see where you are on Sunday.

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 7th, 2005, 8:17 am

"Reality check here: Since when does the scale become the master that measures our value as a person or the Newsperson that reports to the world whether we've been good or bad at the table? "

That was a quote from Nancy that I found helpful

...Think of how you feel today...don't focus on that number.....and if you've been compliant then you have nothing to worry about... :hug:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 7th, 2005, 9:07 am

Totally agree Donna dlr2424.

Why do we let the scale determine how we feel today. If you are sticking to it, that in itself is a success. It is one more day you have overcome, one more day you have been in control, one more day you are closer to your goal.

Stick with it bikipatra. You are doing great.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » April 8th, 2005, 5:02 am

You <snip>language - Mr. Snippy</snip> right I am doing great!!! I weigh 219!!!! In my jeans I weigh 220!!! And yesterday NEKKID I weighed 222. It works it works!!!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Return to The Weight Room