Finally!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Finally!

Postby JustLynda » February 17th, 2006, 9:47 pm

Two weeks and a couple of phone call laters...my 1st MediFast package finally arrived! Looks like I'll be starting in the morning since I did my Lean-&-Green grocery shopping yesterday.

I had ordered the 4-week starter kit (from MediFast--I hadn't found this site, yet) with 1 week free. When I got the package, though, there was 6 weeks worth of supplements! I wonder if it was on purpose to make up for my trouble?

I bought a new scale tonight. I think I'm around 195-198, but will find out for sure in the morning. I'm also stocked on water bottles, shaker jars, portable microwave bowls and cups(so I can make my meals at work or on-the-go) and boullion--which I understand can cure just about anything that ails ya the first few days.

I have the next two days off and have already prepared my boss for a slightly-grumpy employee on Monday.

Am I missing anything?
Start Date: February 18, 2006
JustLynda
Preferred Member - #10 Club

6 week supply

Postby Jan » February 17th, 2006, 9:52 pm

Whoo Hooo!!
I've never heard of anyone getting 6 weeks of food. :roll: Just say Merry Christmas to me" and shake away. :D We'll be checking on you. And, you won't be grumpy for long if you are grumpy at all. Make sure you have something in case you get a headache though. And pack a couple of bouillon cubes in case you're a little jittery.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » February 17th, 2006, 10:29 pm

JustLynda ~

Welcome to you! :byebye: You are MORE than amply prepared! When I started three and a half years ago all I had was a 32 year old Hamilton Beech blender, some tap water and a few ice cubes! I had a headache on day 2, by the morning of day 3 it was gone and so were 5 pounds.

Don't let some of the postings scare ya - plan to succeed, plan to love everything about the program, read the Quick Start Booklet several times and follow the outline on page 5 exactly as it is written - don't eat less than what it says; don't eat one speck more than it says and you will succeed, too. :hi5: You will soon be tossing out the extra large size clothing and shopping in the regular size department stores!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby JustLynda » February 18th, 2006, 12:59 am

Thanks Jan and Nancy,

I've almost memorized the Quick Start Guide. I downloaded it right after ordering and have read it at least once a day since then to make sure that I understood everything.

As you can see by the time on this post (it's 2:45am on the East Coast) I'm having a little trouble sleeping tonight. I'm so ready to get started! I keep "daydreaming" about how great I'll feel and look in a few months.
JustLynda

Postby Nancy » February 18th, 2006, 2:44 am

Atta Girl!

That's what I love to hear - read that book!

Again and again - keep it with you or copy page 5 & page 8 and if you're caught without your book and in doubt about whether something is ok or not, throw it out, don't eat it!

You have a right to be excited - this is cool stuff!

I also know how :help: hard this thinnin' process is.

I went through birthdays, Halloween, anniversaries, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Valentine's Day, Presidents' Day and I wanted to reach my goal more than I wanted to taste a bunch of stuff that I had eaten hundreds of times before - for seven months of weight loss, 6 weeks of transition and three years of maintenance like you, my dreams kept me going forward. Then one day, my dreams became my reality and it started with that first packet and every three hours each packet got me closer to my making my dream come true.

:secret: Preparation is key. Eating on time, not skipping packets and drinking all your water will get you there.

Here's to making your dreams come true! :cheers:

Nighty nite! :snooze: errr...Good Morning! :hmmm:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Serendipity » February 18th, 2006, 4:17 am

Hi Lynda,

Welcome to our forum. I think you'll enjoy all the chatter here.

BTW, Love the ticker! I just may have to go there and explore....

Good luck with the program. It works wonders!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Nicki » February 18th, 2006, 5:59 am

Welcome Lynda - You definitely are coming in with your homework done and the right attitude! We're gonna do it!! Thanks for reminding me to keep an eye on my own dreams...
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Kido » February 18th, 2006, 7:07 am

Welcome Lynda. It is great that you are so excited and have prepared so well to start.

Can't wait to hear your progress.
Kido
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby lauradr » February 18th, 2006, 7:13 am

Lynda, Glade your here, Just do what Nancy and Jan say and your on your way
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby JustLynda » February 18th, 2006, 7:57 am

Thanks everyone! I had my first MediFast meal this morning...Maple Oatmeal with one Splenda. It was much better than I had hoped! I think next time I'll try it without the Splenda as it was almost too sweet.

I spent the morning prepping for the rest of the day/week. I have a tub of salad fixings washed, cut up, and ready to assemble. I've portioned out 2 pickle spears each into five Ziploc snack bags (not all for today, of course). I've stocked my purse with bars and another snack bag with boullion cubes. My lean-and-green is ready to go ("taco" salad made with ground bison which has about the same fat content as chicken breast). All the while I was sipping on water and have managed to down 32 oz. already!

Hopped on my new scale at the start of the day...I was about 10 pounds heavier than I thought. A little disappointing, but I know it will be gone soon.

You guys will find that I can be a bit long winded...so consider yourselves warned! Thanks again for all of your support so early on. :mrgreen:
JustLynda

Postby Soon2bFitSonja » February 18th, 2006, 8:09 am

WELCOME LYNDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job on preparation. You are on your way to a healthier and leaner you. I do love your ticker.

You'll do great.

:goteam:

Start Date: April 4, 2006
173.6/???/134
Soon2bFitSonja
Trusted Member

Postby smartipantz » February 18th, 2006, 8:32 am

Hiya Lynda,

Welcome to our family. It sounds like you have an awesome attitude towards the program and planning well in advance. I am certain that you will love the program - I do.

Like most of us, we have dabbled here and there in the different diets offered. I've lost and gained and lost and gained for the last 19 years (I have the pregnancy of my first child to thank for that). Yeah, yeah, I know it's not his fault.......... but it feels better to blame it on him :roflmao:

I've been on Medifast since January 12th and have lost pretty close to 20 pounds. Not too shabby for a little over a month and I love the fact that my clothes are too big!! I splurged and bought three new suits for work this week - and felt so good to pick the sizes I did :)

Hang in there - before you know it, you'll be wasting away like the rest of us.

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Welcome aboard!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 18th, 2006, 9:17 am

Your gonna do great just stay focused on your goals.
I have been taking it one day at a time. Basically, I tell myself I can make it through today! So far that attitude and pledging with my new online buddies, has gotten me through two days am now into my third. :D

YOU CAN DO IT LYNDA!!! And when you feel like you can't.... imagine all your new friends here, beside you, encouraging you..cause, virtually...we are! ;)

HUgs,
Gina

I like that ticker too! :shock: Yay--new toys! ;)

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby SueInSLO » February 18th, 2006, 10:25 am

Welcome Lynda!!! :wave:

You're off to a great start with the planning and organizing! I love it!
I do the pickles in the baggy, etc. and my fiance' laughs at me being so organized. Not in a bad way, but he knows how "anal" I can be. :rollrolleyes: It never hurts to plan and that is what keeps me on track.

Good Luck and Happy Shaking!!! Make sure you read the Lean Cuisine portion of the forum if you haven't already! The people here are SO creative and WOW I am impressed at how good the MF food can be.

I look forward to watching and reading all about you!!

:byebye:

Sue
:D
Start: 1/07/06
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.