Feeling low, 5th week and losing motivation.

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Feeling low, 5th week and losing motivation.

Postby monique62579 » August 22nd, 2007, 11:37 pm

Has anyone gone through slump in their weightloss? I am in my 5th week on Medifat and for the past 3 days I have had no motivation to eat at all. I have lost a total of 21 lbs since I started but that isn't even motivating me. If feels like I am depressed but I don't know why. What should I do?
monique62579
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby katesmom » August 23rd, 2007, 2:15 am

Hi Monique,
I'm new too , and have been told that by having your L&G meal at a different time of day can help...Also are you drinking enough water ?

Don't give up now !
Congrats on your weight loss !
Have a Great Day !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Re: Feeling low, 5th week and losing motivation.

Postby bikipatra » August 23rd, 2007, 2:36 am

monique62579 wrote:Has anyone gone through slump in their weightloss? I am in my 5th week on Medifat and for the past 3 days I have had no motivation to eat at all. I have lost a total of 21 lbs since I started but that isn't even motivating me. If feels like I am depressed but I don't know why. What should I do?

I have been on the program for 288 days and there have been lots of times I felt I was going through a slump. Then I looked at the big picture. You have lost an average of 4 + lbs. a week since you started. That is really phenomenal! I bet if someone had told you that you would do that on Medifast or any eating plan, you wouldn't have believed it. What you should do is appreciate your losses, keep 5-1'ing and drink lots of water and be patient. Are you exercising at all? I am asking primarily because you mentioned you are depressed. A little walking or other activity can do wonders for the mood. I have a bipolar disorder so I know how much exercise can impact the way that I am feeling. It helps me to know I am doing something positive for my body and mind. Also, maybe treat yourself a little. Do you like mani-pedis? Or maybe a new pair of shoes? Have you been keeping track of your measurements? That is another activity that can make you feel really good. It is so much fun to see yourself shrinking on a piece of paper! I hope I have helped a little and that you feel better soon!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lauren » August 23rd, 2007, 7:14 am

Hey, Monique -

You're doing great, so first things first: congrats! Now, all of Biki's suggestions are awesome, definitely pamper yourself a bit. I have another thought that may or may not be applicable here - is it possible you're PMSing? Because after about a month+ of being on MF, my entire PMS experience COMPLETELY changed, when I had never had mood swings or depression or anything related to that time of the month, suddenly I was totally down, thought everyone hated me, was crying, the whole thing. Don't worry, that didn't last throughout my MF experience, it was just really bad PMS for about 2 cycles, then all was fine again. I just thought I'd mention it as a possibility...

Feel better!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Return to Come on in.