Not losing this week!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Not losing this week!

Postby just_julie » March 24th, 2006, 10:20 am

I'm finishing my third week. I don't think I'll see ANY loss this week, so I'm bummed but not any less determined. I know, I know... don't weigh everyday. And yes, I'm drinking my water. The only thing I have a problem with is eating within an hour after I wake up. I take my Synthroid meds when I get out of bed. If I don't get out of bed right away (my children are 4 and almost 2, and I'm a lucky one - they sleep late), then taking my meds gets put off. So I wait an hour after I take my meds to eat.

I'm going to start walking in the mornings before everyone gets up, so that problem will be solved soon. I'll take my meds before I walk and eat when I get home. I just can't believe that I hit a plateau during my 3rd week.

I hope next week when I get to start exercising will produce a huge difference.
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » March 24th, 2006, 10:32 am

Julie, it's actually pretty common for people to hit a brief plateau in their third or fourth week. It usually passes quickly, though. Hang in there!!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby loriannk » March 24th, 2006, 3:19 pm

Yeah, this is my third week and the weight isn't coming off. Glad to hear it might just be a brief plateau.

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Joelie » March 24th, 2006, 3:39 pm

I got some REALLY great advise on taking my Synthroid and eating within that first hour of waking. I used to take my meds right when I woke up...now I have my meds with a bottle of water in the bathroom. When I wake up in the middle of the night...I take my meds then and go back to bed. Really makes it much easier to then have your first MF meal within the first hour.
OR...you could take it at bedtime instead. ;)
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby just_julie » March 24th, 2006, 5:30 pm

Hmmm... Good idea. I like to take them at the same time each day, and that will fix itself soon when my morning walks begin. I do get up at LEAST once every night. That tip is a nice alternative.

I had thyroid cancer, so I had a complete thyroidectomy. I wonder how others on Synthroid have done with MF and their meds. My bloodwork gets WAY out of wack from time to time. Always from one extreme to the other. Right now I have to alternate my meds between two dosages because they don't make what I need (between .150 and .175 mcg). It's a real hassle and so hard to understand how my body's needs change like that. Ok... I'm done rambling. (I should probably make another post about this.)

Anyone?
just_julie

just_julie

Postby Joelie » March 24th, 2006, 9:40 pm

I have Graves Disease and opted for the Radioactive Iodine treatment so mine is now just shrivled up and non productive.

My bloodwork does the same thing. One extreme to the other. Hassle is right! UGH! The dosage I am needing right now is also not available and I have to take 2 different doses a day. So I know how ya feel, Julie. :hug:
Joelie

Postby just_julie » March 25th, 2006, 8:55 am

Ahhh.... Thanks for the hug. Here's one for you.... :bighug:

Right after my thyroidectomy, when I was skinny and thought I was fat at 135 (LOL), my dose was .4! I took two .2s. I can't believe that I've been down to .15 through two pregnancies. During my first pregnancy, my doc took me down to .015 because he didn't know what he was doing. What a nightmare! Gained 20 pounds in a month!

It's just so weird to me that my body's needs change when I have zero thyroid left. I thought I was going to be on easy street because I took my metabolism in a pill everyday. I wouldn't get the aging slow down. I was wrong. Our bodies and bloodwork can't be fooled. I just don't get it.
just_julie

just_julie

Return to The Weight Room