Fancy "creme brulee" pudding

Add your favorite recipes.

Fancy "creme brulee" pudding

Postby BerkshireGrl » March 19th, 2005, 7:24 pm

For those of you seeking to fancify your pudding, I have been playing around with mine, and you might dig this too :)

First of all, who wants to wait 15-30 minutes for it to gel?! We Medifasters are used to super fast prep, right?

So... enter The Freezer.

Add your 1/2 cup of water to a nice solid bowl, preferably some chunky earthenware. Put the bowl in the freezer, along with your whip or spoon to the side. Let chill 5-10 minutes.

Take out, add pudding powder, mix like heck for 1 minute.

If you have any SF syrups like DaVinci, now is a good time to add a tablespoon on top. Mix it in, or just let it sit on top. This really adds Ze Gourmet Touche.

Put back in freezer for 5 minutes, or less, if you are real hungry :)

I have done this with:
* Banana Pudding with DaVinci Dulce de Leche syrup on top
* Chocolate Pudding with DaVinci Spice Blend syrup on top

Both are VERY GOOD. Try it and see what you think...
:mrgreen:

Edited to say: Ok, there is no caramelized sugar coating on top... but you won't miss it. Well, you may, but you can have that at goal! ;)
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » March 21st, 2005, 3:11 pm

Berk ~

The DaVinci syrup drizzled atop the prepared pudding sounded so very good. Slurp!

I know what you mean about the freezer - sometimes we are in such a big fat hurry to fix and scarf our Medimeals that we don't take the time to allow the pudding to set up before we suck it down. It does make the pudding set up a bit faster by placing it in the freezer for a few minutes once it is prepared.

I tried your recipe, kept the water in the freezer until ice crystals formed and stirred like a whirl wind. I had Nanner Puddin' with DaVinci Chocolate syrup...it looked very pretty and my tongue was most happy!

Thanks for the recipe!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine