Exceptionally hungry today

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Exceptionally hungry today

Postby cowabunga » October 20th, 2006, 10:29 am

I am exceptionally hungry today. I am on getting to the end of my second week. I don't keep track of that time of the month, so it could be coming.

What do you normally do? I am barely making it 2 hours.

Any ideas?
:|
Starting weight 10/9/06 - 212.5
#1 Goal - to be below 210 - accomplished 10/16/06
#2 Goal - to reach 'One'derland - accomplished 11/27/06
#3 Goal - to reach 193 by 1/21/07 (my boys 2nd birthday)
cowabunga
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Allie » October 20th, 2006, 10:48 am

I have also been struggling with being very hungry. If you can, take a nap, or shower, read a book or go for a walk. I am also drinking tons of water. Good luck. You can make it!!!

Think how proud of yourself you will be.; Also if you really think that you can't make it, space your meals closer together, and have an extra MF meal.

Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby mel » October 20th, 2006, 10:49 am

You could eat a snack. (Keep in mind snacks can be the Medifast snacks OR 1 cup of broth, a cup of sugar free Jello, 2 celery stalks or 2 pickles. I'm probably forgetting something, too.) Or you could add an extra shake.

Another thing that works for me is to brush my teeth or have a piece of gum. Then all I want is water. That reminds me - chug some water. That helped satiate my hunger during those first few days / couple weeks.

Hope something works! :)
mel
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby HollyH » October 20th, 2006, 11:09 am

I'm only in my third week, but found that my hunger went away after the first three or four days. At my MF center, they tell us we can have unlimited pickles and sugar-free jello. I'm not sure why it's different at my center. Those pickles helped me a lot in the beginning!

I think it definitely could have something to do with that time of the month. I felt a little hungrier for sure!! Hang in there!
HollyH

started 9/26/06, age 36, 5'2
HollyH
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » October 20th, 2006, 2:54 pm

BTW, some meals are also more filling than others. It might take some experimenting to see what works best for you. I find the oatmeal or chili will keep me going for hours, but with the pudding I'm starving an hour later (I only eat the pudding as my snack before bedtime now).

So you can try to stick with the more filling meals if you can.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Serendipity » October 20th, 2006, 3:21 pm

HollyH wrote:At my MF center, they tell us we can have unlimited pickles and sugar-free jello. I'm not sure why it's different at my center.

Holly,

I'm not sure either, but the Quick Start Guide is what most of us use and it says one snack per day. The only unlimited thing is WATER.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Nova » October 22nd, 2006, 10:17 am

I was frequently starving in the beginning, for several weeks actually. When I was really hungry and it wasn't time to eat, I'd drink a 16 oz bottle of water. After that, I'd have a cup of boullion with lots of spices like pepper, and I'd drink another bottle of water with it.

In the very beginning, I would do that 2-3 times a day between meals, which is more than the allowable one snack you're supposed to have. It didn't hurt my weight loss any, but I was also hungry longer than most people are on MF, so it may have been keeping me from getting into ketosis as easily as the others. I don't know.

When it comes down to it, you're just gonna have to grit your teeth and walk away from the refrigerator a few times in the beginning. But it does get easier each time, because you get less hungry, you see the results, and you start to get stronger mentally and emotionally. After a few months, you'll forget all about a few hours of being hungry in the beginning and you'll have a fabulous new body to be proud of, so stick it out!
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Return to Come on in.