WHY AM I SO HUNGRY

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

WHY AM I SO HUNGRY

Postby dee » October 8th, 2004, 8:35 am

Hi All,
I am kind of a newbie. I've been lurking on the forum for the past month. I started MF on Sept. 9, so it's been a month. I'm down 20 lbs which is GREAT. :hi5: .., I'm on the full fast and am following it to the letter. I'm drinking upwards of 112oz of water a day. This last week or so I'm so hungry I can't stand it. :x I have my shake or soup or whatever and in about 1 hr the hunger hits me like a brick wall :bricks: Is this supposed to be?? Then I have to go two hours looking at the clock so I can eat again!
The scale is also standing still. :x I could get through this if I knew it would pass. I thought being in ketosis made you not hungry.
Anyone out there go through this? Am I going to have to go through this for the rest of the 80 lbs I have to lose??
Maybe you can tell me if I'm doing something wrong. Here is my schedule.
06:30 shake
09:30 shake
12:30 soup
03:30PM shake
06:30PM soup
09:30PM oatmeal
I eat nothing else except to put a little boullion in my soup.

I'm lucky because I live alone, so I don't have to cook for a family. I really give all you so much credit that have to cook for family and are on the full fast :hi5:
Thanks for any help or insight you can give me.

Dee

230/199/175/150/130
dee
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby explorthis » October 8th, 2004, 9:34 am

Dee, first of all, welcome to the 20# club! I missed this, and have since updated you to the 20 club!!

Secondly, at this point hunger should be a state of mind. Your mind says its hungry I know, but truthfully, your body is comfortable with its current intake. Trust a 100+ pound loser when I tell you this, it is mind over matter. Part of the problems that occur with hunger, are sitting for periods of time thinking about it, seeing TV commercials, seeing others munch on the things you so miss, smelling something you have not had since 9/9. Numerous things trigger old habits, and hunger. There are fairly easy to overcome. Think realistically, your hunger pain really does not last that long, once you are doing something besides thinking about it. Most times, all you have to do is occupy your mind with something else other than food, like a walk, a phone call, a drive, or whatever. I know this sounds cliché, but it really works. Worst thing you can do is just sit there fretting over it, agonizing that you really want this or that, because really you don’t. The brain is a strong cookie (pun intended) and you must overpower it, and not let it win. You have lost TEWNTY something pounds according to your stats. AMAZING!!! Don’t let this slip out of your grip. You CAN do this. Read the posts, it’s next to impossible to get going again, once you let this slip out of your hand.

Posts, read, get out of the house, which, since you are alone, this makes it a lot easier!!! The cravings and hunger will pass.

Additionally, add some more bouillon to your regimen, you can have 2 heaping cups (or a skosh more) per day, and it really helps!!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Anna » October 8th, 2004, 10:01 am

explorthis wrote: seeing TV commercials,

ohmygosh! The Papa John's pizza commercials yesterday nearly did me in! It was my first full day, and I found myself craving pizza and garlic bread.

Dee, I don't really have any advice for you (since you've been doing this longer than me!), but STAY STRONG, girl! Post often and read often--it helps to stay connected.

--anna
<><
Start: 10/6/04
240/230/140
Woohoo!
Anna
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby dee » October 8th, 2004, 10:16 am

Thanks Mike and Anna for your support.
Mike, I think everything you said is absolutely true. If I'm busy and don't think about it, I'm ok with the hunger. But, boy, at work all I do is sit at a desk, I think I obsess.
Anna, I know what you mean about the pizza commercials. The pizza hut one gets to me.
My resolve is still strong. I get so much inspiration from reading the posts here. I still hear Nancy "DON'T TAKE THAT FIRST BITE". I read how hard it is to get back on once you slip. I'm going to try my hardest not to let that happen.
Thanks again.
Dee
dee
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby explorthis » October 8th, 2004, 10:40 am

Dee, and Anna, one other thing I find helpful, especially at work, when you’re sitting hour after hour, is ice cold canned soda. It fills up that "now craving". Might be the carbonation, but it really helps. I am not advocating any specific drink, but the cheap-o I am, I buy the 30 packs of diet colas from Wal-Mart in the cans, for about $5.00 and keep them in a small fridge. I find myself easily drinking 2-3 a day, and IT HELPS!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby Simmshe » October 8th, 2004, 2:09 pm

Hi Dee,

Congrats on your loss! I see Mike gave some great advice about dealing with the psychological hunger factor, which is on point, per usual! I wanted to throw in a couple of thoughts about feeling actual physical hunger as you continue on your plan.

I have noticed two things, and one thing in particular, that spikes my actual physical hunger level--level of activity and premenstrual days. Women's caloric needs/BMR go up during our premenstrual days (I think 10%, but don't quote me on that percentage exactly) as our bodies prepare for a baby. Consider your hunger level around this time of the month and see if you notice an increase. I usually have a good five ravenous-feeling days, as some other women here can probably attest to their own hunger spike during these times, and I sometimes have had two bars in a day or an extra shake to keep me from feeling too hungry and possibly going off plan.

If you are exercising or doing a lot of activity, this can also increase your hunger. Although, I have to say that from my experience, only my crazy hormonal days really spike my hunger level significantly. I have to have had a very active day to feel physical hunger cravings for more than six supplements a day.

And the physical hunger should fade considerably. There have been plenty of days where I had to force down a fifth supplement because the hunger wasn't there. But I didn't start noticing many of these days until I was about six weeks into my plan.

Keep up the good work :)! Have an extra shake if you ever feel ravenous and like you are going to go off plan, especially around that time of the month. My guess is that your physical hunger will continue to decrease though as you go a little longer on your plan--don't worry, you won't have to suffer through the remainder of your plan ;).

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Weight Loss