Hungry

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Hungry

Postby tweets » April 4th, 2005, 6:42 pm

I have just recently started the Medifast plan (5 & 1). I am fine through the day, but about a 1/2 hour after eating supper I become very hungry. My daily intake consists of 2 shakes at 7:30 am and 10:30am lunch of soup at Noon and about 2 I have a Medifast bar. I eat around 6pm and then by 7 or so I break down and have something that is not on the diet.
What can I do?
tweets
tweets

Postby 24KaratGold » April 4th, 2005, 6:52 pm

Hi tweets, and welcome to the forum.

What you should do is have another shake, or other Medifast product, three hours after eating dinner.

It's not clear to me from your post exactly what you are eating here. It sounds like you are saying you have two shakes at 7:30 and two at 10:30. If that's the case, you shouldn't really be doubling your meals up the way that you are, with two shakes twice a day. Instead, you should try to space your meals about three hours apart. If you get starvin' hungry before three hours are up, go ahead and have your next shake earlier. Three hours is a good approximation of when your blood sugar starts to dip and needs the food boost again.

On the other hand, if what you mean is that you have two shakes, one at 7:30 and one at 10:30, and then have your soup at noon and your bar at two, there's a couple of things. First, try to go a bit longer between 10:30 and noon if you can, and then have your next supplement three hours after, and then dinner two or three hours after that. Plus, and THIS IS IMPORTANT, this is the FIVE and one program, not the FOUR and one program. Don't skimp on that fifth supplement -- you need each and every nutrient and each and every calorie to prevent your body from shutting down, fearing that it is going into starvation mode.

Don't forget about the "extras" you can have, too. Two cups of buillion, three stalks of celery, two dill pickles, etc. Go over to the FAQs forum and read the posts there; they will tell you everything you can have.

And if you get really, really hungry, especially in the first week or so of the program, you can go ahead and have a sixth Medifast supplement.

Don't forget to drink at least 64 ounces of water a day (that's water, not diet sodas or coffee or whatever) -- more is better.

Good luck!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby bikipatra » April 4th, 2005, 7:10 pm

maybe you have already tried this, but if I am really hungry at night and done with my MF shakes for the day I have beef bouillon. I use the kind in a can. I add just a little boiled cabbage and heat it up. Then I add vinegar and a dash of Tabasco sauce. It really takes the edge off. I also found, and my mother laughs when I tell her I eat this, but celery helps with (as suggested by Nancy I think) you eat it with mustard. I love Grey poupon! The combination of crunch and mustard bite make me feel satisfied!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby bk » April 4th, 2005, 10:31 pm

i have to second 24k's advice here. i don't know how long you've been on, but i had some tummy acid issues around my 2-3 week after starting time. try a pepcid!

however, i have to add that i did have a period a couple weeks ago where i grew VERY tired and would fall asleep immediately after having my next to last MF of the day. i shortened the time in between shakes and had an extra one for a week or so.

btw, if you ARE doing it how 24k interpreted first (doubling up on shakes twice a day), invest in the RTD shakes if you find making shakes difficult.

i'm guessing when you say "after eating supper" you mean your lean and green. are you 100% certain that extra carbs in some sneaky way aren't getting in there? (i'm thinking salad dressing).

just some thoughts!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby tweets » April 5th, 2005, 5:00 pm

Thanks everyone for the advice.
:D I am only having 4 shakes/day and one lean and green. I will up my shakes to 5 and I will space them out a little more.
I will keep you posted
tweets
tweets

Postby bikipatra » April 5th, 2005, 5:30 pm

I am not speaking from experience but quoting from Medifast literature. In the Quick Start book it says you can double your shakes if you need to to fit them all in if you have to...
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby 24KaratGold » April 5th, 2005, 5:36 pm

bikipatra wrote:I am not speaking from experience but quoting from Medifast literature. In the Quick Start book it says you can double your shakes if you need to to fit them all in if you have to...
Yes you can, but the qualifier is the "IF you need to fit them all in." It's better not to do it that way if it can be avoided. That's discussed in some detail in the Success In A Shaker Jar book, which I recommend as required reading.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Return to Weight Loss