i'm hungry..please help

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

i'm hungry..please help

Postby malcmg » June 21st, 2005, 9:58 am

I just started MF today and had a shake at 8am, chili w/ 1 pkg crackers at 11am and I am still hungry. When does the hunger go away. I really want to be successful at this. I have been keeping myself busy all morning and drinking water but I keep feeling this void in my stomach. Can I have an extra shake or is it too early. I don't know what to do.
malcmg

Postby Unca_Tim » June 21st, 2005, 10:24 am

Hi Malcmg,
Go the the FAQ section on this forum and look up the free foods. You can have any that are listed there. I'd suggest just munching or sipping slowly on some of them. If you search the forum for ketosis, you'll find that most people do experience hunger the first few days, but this is normal. Whatever you do, DONT eat off plan, or you'll jeapordize getting into ketosis and will never lose your hunger. This is a recipe for failure.

I wouldn't hesitate having an extra shake or two the first few days, if the hunger is unbearable. Try sipping them as slowly as possible. Blend up a fancy shake to feel pampered. (See the "Lean Cuisine" recipe section)

Keep the water coming and if you can find something to do during those hunger attacts (like post or read here on the forum), you'll beat them one at a time until you get over them. Once you get through this period, it'll be smooth sailing.

Keep us posted...
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby malcmg » June 21st, 2005, 10:27 am

Thank you so much for replying to my post. I love being able to ask questions in this forum and read everything everyone else has to say. I'll go check out the FAQ sections.
Thanks again
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Started MF 6/21/05
227/219/140
malcmg

Postby 24KaratGold » June 21st, 2005, 10:32 am

Celery -- 3 stalks

Two dill pickles (or a couple of the sweet little ones made with Splenda, not sugar)

A couple of cups of bouillon. A cup of hot tea with Splenda and a teensy amount of half-and-half (the real thing, not the fructose-laden imitations!).

Try all of the above.

If you get desperate, have another shake. If you can push it out to an hour or an hour and a half or two hours from your last one, that's cool, but better to do that than to break down and go off plan.

Good luck!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby FitQueen » June 25th, 2005, 7:44 am

I am on my 3rd day. I have lost 5 lbs so far.

Last night I went on a slight binge. I had 2 MF chili packets and 2 MF bars. I cooked my chili in the microwave. When I saw that small amount in my bowl, I got hungrier so I made another. I was still hungry. So I ended up eating 2 bars.

I just got back on track this morning and committed myself to a 21-day challenge of following the MF plan without deviating. I have to use the tools necessary to keep me on track. I will review the free foods post. I need to educate myself before I place my next order.

Thanks for the post. Keep up the commitment. Remember self mastery is the ultimate mastery. I think I will change my signature quote.

Sincerely,

Ruth aka FitQueen
Ruth aka FitQueen

"Successful people do daily what unsuccessful people do occasionally. The secret to your success is in your daily routine."

Restart: 04/03/2007
FitQueen
Trusted Member

Return to Come on in.