Is it ok to eat a majority of soups? or will this stunt my

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Is it ok to eat a majority of soups? or will this stunt my

Postby MartysGirl » August 4th, 2004, 10:08 am

weight Loss?

I really don't like the shakes that much. However, I enjoy the soup. I was wondering if I had more soups than shakes that it might hurt me...

Please advise
Farrah Martinez
MartysGirl
First Post

Postby Sylvia » August 4th, 2004, 1:04 pm

You are supposed to have at least 3 shakes a day to be assured you are getting the proper amount of nutrients. I'm not sure having more soup than shakes will prevent you from losing as much weight, but you will risk not getting the vitamins, minerals, etc. that your body needs.
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » August 4th, 2004, 6:43 pm

Hi, Farrah ~

Well now, it seems as if we DO have a problem here. Shakes are the heart of the Medifast Plan. For weight loss, THREE cold shakes are recommended each day. The reason we emphasize cold shakes is so that the nutritional content – the essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids are not compromised when they are prepared and served cold. Soups are heated and the nutrients can be affected by heating.

I DO know of a person that lost thirty pounds on nuthin’ but puddin’…now that would not be my recommendation but it worked for him…

I’ve had days when I felt like I was on an orange pineapple jag and I had only five shakes of o-p. Once I felt like an oatmeal jag – I had five servings of oatmeal in one day!

It didn’t affect my weight loss and it just seemed to be what I wanted.

I’d suggest that you try to prepare the shakes in a few different ways and see if that helps. Shakes are the heart of the matter but ultimately you will choose how you’re gonna do it.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.