DonicaB

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby bikipatra » February 16th, 2007, 9:35 am

Congrats on those NSV's. No one has noticed that I have lost weight, besides my husband but he is here when I weigh every morning. My firend Merrick noticed that my pants were baggy but she didn't say I looked any thinner. I guess I don't get out much so who would notice? The people at Mass? Also at this time of year, I usually am wearing bulky clothes or a sweater. Maybe those are excuses but I am sticking to it. You guys on the board have said you noticed I have lost weight in my pictures, but what were you gonna say, "You still look just as fat to me???" Sorry to be cynical....
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » February 16th, 2007, 9:42 am

Congrats on people noticing...I love when that happens. No one at work has said anything to me...I only have gotten one comment from one of the customers at the bar. My husband comments, but that's like a given to me....he knows what I like to hear. Maybe after another 10 it will be more noticeable on me. :cry:
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby furball7 » February 16th, 2007, 9:56 am

Hi DonicaB, Hey you can get through your sons birthday. We just had a party for my daughter who turned 6 :D We had meatball subs, hotdog, kruat all the goodies ya know and I stayed far away. Keep a bar on hand when they are having cake and keep a bottle of water in your hands at all times and mingle, mingle, mingle :D Also congrats on the NSV!!

Biki, You LOOK GREAT!!!! You can really tell you lost wieght!! Keep up that good work of yours! :D

Sherry
furball7
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bikipatra » February 16th, 2007, 9:59 am

furball7 wrote:Hi DonicaB, Hey you can get through your sons
Biki, You LOOK GREAT!!!! You can really tell you lost wieght!! Keep up that good work of yours! :D

Sherry

You are very sweet. I think it is just that I have skinny legs. It gives the illusion of weight loss.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby furball7 » February 16th, 2007, 10:01 am

I'm just telling the TRUTH :D Wish I had skinny legs and a FLAT Stomach :mrgreen:

Sherry
furball7

Postby bikipatra » February 16th, 2007, 10:12 am

furball7 wrote:I'm just telling the TRUTH :D Wish I had skinny legs and a FLAT Stomach :mrgreen:

Sherry

It's just wide so it looks flat when I am standing up....
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby furball7 » February 16th, 2007, 10:27 am

Please forgive me DonicaB I didn't mean to highjack your journal. I forgot which topic section I was in :oops:

Sherry
furball7

Postby DonicaB » February 17th, 2007, 8:55 am

No problemo, Sherry. 8)

I am so sick of snow. I absolutely hate it.........OK....OK.....it is pretty, but other than that I hate it. I hate being cold......I .......... :x ........am ready for sunny days and warmer weather.

Well......got that out of my system. I am so glad tomorrow is Sunday so that I weigh. I sure hope the scales don't disappoint me. I feel like I have done very well this week and hope that I am rewarded. I promise not to hit the roof, though, if I have a small loss.......or even no loss. I am in this for the long haul.

Reading some of the other journals has really gotten me to thinking about some issues in my own life. There are things that I have pushed so far down into my soul. Things that I have never really come to terms with.....and things I don't know if I am ready to deal with yet. But, I am feeling like I need to do some soul searching. Later on that.......
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby DonicaB » February 18th, 2007, 9:26 pm

Well, I was a little bit grumpy today. The day started off with the scale and only losing 1# this week. I'm not really mad, just a little disappointed.

Then I made a wonderful meal for the family.....lasagna, corn, salad, garlic bread........I, of course, only had salad, and I made a chicken breast for me.

Today was my son's b-day.......so, there was cake and ice cream following the delicious meal. I did NOT have any cake or ice cream........... though by this time of the day.........I was really ticked that I couldn't have any.

Then I began thinking about how it was my own fault that I am in the position I am in (being fat and all). Therefore, I must suffer the consequence of years of over-eating. I was definitely having a 'woe is me" attitude.

So, I managed to stay compliant, but not with a willing heart today. I am proud of myself for not giving in and for not eating everything that looked so delicious. On the other hand, I'm not very proud of myself for the feelings I have been having today, and for being so grumpy to my DH and basically everyone around me. :?

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Taangrl21 » February 19th, 2007, 6:03 am

Congratulations on staying compliant Donica. As for losing the pound...it may only be one but its one you dont have to lose again. I know I am the same way....one pound??? Its rough but next weigh in will be better...you have slow weeks and then fat burning weeks.

Its funny, our brains control our body. So why can we make our brains control the fat burning process??? No fair!!! JK LOL

Have a great day Donica.Keep up those positive spirits.It'll be worth it in the end.Or at least thats what I tell myself. :)
Taangrl21
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » February 19th, 2007, 7:06 am

Donica, I'm so happy that you stayed compliant...good for you!
I get an attitude at times when I know that I can't have something and get bored with what I can have.

Don't feel bad about your 1 pound! I didn't lose anything and I only need 1 to get to the 20 lb mark. I had a good loss last week and TOM has finally arrived so I'm hoping I will be better this week.
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » February 19th, 2007, 7:49 am

KeleeGrl wrote:Donica, I'm so happy that you stayed compliant...good for you!
I get an attitude at times when I know that I can't have something and get bored with what I can have.

Don't feel bad about your 1 pound! I didn't lose anything and I only need 1 to get to the 20 lb mark. I had a good loss last week and TOM has finally arrived so I'm hoping I will be better this week.

Mine too so I am hoping for the best.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby DonicaB » February 21st, 2007, 4:03 pm

Today was a little tough. It seemed like every time I turned around someone was offering me food. This morning the FCCLA club at school made breakfast for all of the teachers. I didn't even attend the breakfast because I know from past years that it is wonderful. Needless to say........I avoided the breakfast at all costs. However......one of my students noticed that I didn't come so she brought me food. I had to politely refuse. Then she brought me a heart-shaped tin filled with Hershey kisses. AArrrgggghhh! Well, I took those kisses and just silently placed them on the desks of students who were working hard and staying quiet. This afternoon a teacher brought cookies around to the classroom and once again, I politely refused.

I think one of my co-workers is upset that I am being successful in my weight loss. (People are really starting to comment on my weight loss. My clothes are definitely getting baggy.) Anyway, she has yet to acknowledge that I have lost weight. Today at lunch she started commenting on how one of our other co-workers was really looking good. He has lost like 5# total, and honestly you can't tell yet. She and I are fairly close and I'm just a little upset that she either hasn't noticed or just won't acknowledge it. Maybe I'm just being a baby, too. ;)

Tomorrow is another weigh in day at school for the biggest loser challenge. I sure wish my entire weight loss would count. I started Jan. 3, but the challenge didn't start until Jan. 12, so my biggest loss doesn't even count. Anyway, I hope I'm happy with tomorrow's results.

Well, going to work on the flip house again tonight. I sure will be glad when we finish that house. We probably won't finish until mid-March though.

Gotta run.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Carrie » February 21st, 2007, 4:54 pm

Hi Donica,

Thanks for your words of encouragement, I'm toughing out the day......it's getting better now.

Your co-worker may very well be jealous of your weight loss, last time I was on MF when my loss started showing I had one particular co-worker start offering me food every day - whereas before it was once in a great while. It was so transparent, and I finally started saying something like "No thank you, remember I'm watching what I eat" instead of just "no thanks" to point out to her that she was doing it purposefully. Unfortunately there are people out there who are threatened by other people experiencing success.
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Postby DonicaB » February 22nd, 2007, 11:36 am

Wow Carrie~ your co-worker was down right mean. :twisted: I'm glad you're doing better today. :D

Well, apparently I don't know what day it is, because today was not the weigh in day......tomorrow is. I must have been a little confused. I weighed this morning.....thinking it was Friday......just to see about how much I have lost in the last 2 weeks. I knew I lost 1# last week, but was hoping to see more.......I have only lost 1/2 pound since Sunday. I was once again a little bummed. :bahhumbug:

To make me feel worse.......my co-worker.....the guy who has lost 5#....... just told me that he weighed already and has lost 3 more pounds. That really sucks....I'm mean I'm happy for him.......but.........he ate 2 of those delicious cookies yesterday.......while I stayed compliant and didn't have any. :aarggh:

That is so irritating. I was hoping for at least a 3# loss over the last 2 weeks. I know as long as I am losing I should be happy (deep down I am)........and I know it doesn't count as a plateau.......but, I'm a little unhappy with the numbers at the moment. I have a mini-goal set in my mind for my b-day (April 25th). With numbers like that.......I definitely won't reach that goal. I want to :x I want to :x I want to....... :x :x :x
DonicaB
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal