DonicaB

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DonicaB » January 29th, 2007, 8:01 pm

Ha! Biki......you are on to a whole new set of duds too! ;)

I walked again today after school with my coworkers. We even picked up another girl. I really struggled today. I think part of the problem is that I have been working so hard at my "flip" house that I am just physically wore out. Even though I have been exhausted, I have not been sleeping well. It seems I sleep fine until about 3 am and then I start to toss and turn and can't seem to get comfortable and stay asleep until my alarm goes off. Surprisingly, I don't seem to be tired all day. I really hate getting such restless sleep. I just want to sleep the whole night through. :snooze:

Maybe I need to try and stay up a little later. I have a tendency to want to go to bed at 9 or 9:30 on school nights. I get up about 5:45 for school. Our school starts very early. I have to be there at 6:55.

Maybe tonights the night.........for sleep I mean. ;)

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Karli » January 29th, 2007, 8:50 pm

Sweet dreams, Donica :).

Cheers,
Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Taangrl21 » January 30th, 2007, 9:00 am

DonicaB---

Sounds like you are holding your own and doing great. Keep walking at work...gets that exercising outta the way...hears hoping for another belt notch victory for you!!! :)
Taangrl21
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DonicaB » January 31st, 2007, 3:59 pm

Thanks Debra & Karli!

I walked again today after school. It was still very difficult, but I feel like I am already beginning to hang in there a little better.

I finally slept much better last night. I actually slept the entire night through until 4:30 this morning. (had to pee). I was able to go back to sleep and slept until my son got up for early morning basketball practice.

I was struggling a little bit today with foody thoughts, but managed to stay in control. Some days do seem a little harder than others, but I am sure that is normal. Every day can't be on top of the world with motivation and strength. I honestly believe motivation is a choice....it doesn't just drop out of the sky. It is something I have to create with my attitude.

I am determined to choose to be motivated......I am determined to stay in control......I am determined to lose the weight and maintain a healthy weight.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby KeleeGrl » February 1st, 2007, 7:11 am

Donica - you definitely hit the motivation thing...my self-talk is my motivation and that's what keeps me focused, but there are days where it can be negative too. There is definitely a little devil and little angel on my shoulder and unfortunately the devil wins sometimes, but the angel is getting stronger by the day.
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » February 1st, 2007, 8:28 pm

I have successfully been compliant for an entire month now. I have lost 16 pounds and am very happy. I really feel like I am going to make it this time. Right now, I am so motivated to stick with it. I'm a little nervous though, because last time I did MF, I felt the same way, the first month. I do think that this time I am much more aware of what I have to do to be successful.

Right now, my motivation is coming from the competitions I am involved in. I am also motivated by the success stories I read here.

Next week will be a challenge as I will be going to a conference on Monday and Tuesday. I'm not sure what to expect, but I plan to stay as close to plan as possible. I'm not planning to cheat, but I'm not sure I will get my supplements in on time. I'm a little picky about the shakes being very cold when I drink them. I definitely plan to stay compliant, I just hope I can space my supplements so that there is not too much time in between.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby KeleeGrl » February 5th, 2007, 8:58 am

Donica - Hope your doing well at your conference...I know you went in with the right attitude.
Kelli

KeleeGrl

Postby bikipatra » February 5th, 2007, 9:49 am

I'll drink a shake anyway I can get it. Once I had hot green tea dumpling soup. Today I had to go into a coffee joint and ask for a cup, straw and water because of lack of planning. But I was going to have my meal on time to help me stay compliant NO MATTER WHAT. With my problems with compliance last week I am not willing to take chances.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DonicaB » February 5th, 2007, 4:25 pm

Today went well at the conference. I had a shake this morning before I left, I had a bar mid-morning and was able to have a L & G with what they served for lunch. They served a nice salad (I had my own dressing in my purse, just in case), they served grilled chicken on a bed of rice and steamed vegetables. I ate the chicken and the vegetables and skipped on the rice. They also had a delicious looking chocolate cake, which I took one very tiny bite of and pushed aside. I was about an hour late with my next supplement, but I'm not too worried about that. I'm very proud of the fact that I passed on the cake. I just kept reminding myself that eating the cake would hinder me in reaching my goal.

I will be going to the conference again tomorrow. It will be over shortly after noon so I think I will skip the lunch they are going to serve so that I can have my L & G at supper time. I like to have it in the evening.

I saw a girl that I went to college with at the conference today. We haven't seen each other in about 4 years. She is thin and very pretty. We spoke for a while and she said, "Well you look exactly the same, you haven't changed a bit." I was thinking in my mind......well, I hope you see me again in a few months, because......baby......I'm changing........ and I'm gonna look good!

Yesterday was a little tough....Super Bowl party was a little bit of a struggle. There was so much food here at my house........but I made the delicious pudding dessert that Lori had on Lean Cuisine, so I had a wonderful treat. I did over eat a little on my LEAN for the day.....but, managed to stay compliant in every other way.

My clothes are definitely feeling much looser on me. I thought after losing almost 20# they would be falling off of me......but, they're not. Oh well, it will happen.

Gotta run, I want to read some other journals and then I have to go to another Basketball game.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby KeleeGrl » February 6th, 2007, 2:24 pm

Donica - Hope you had as great day as yesterday. Way to go!
Kelli

KeleeGrl

Postby DonicaB » February 6th, 2007, 3:22 pm

Thanks Kelli~ Things went smoothly today also. I am a little behind on my water, but I'm sipping on a bottle as we speak. Water bottle that is ;)

Tomorrow is back to a regular school day. I'm glad because I like having a normal routine. I mean getting away from school occassionally is nice, but I always have a great deal of catching up to do when I get back. I will have a huge amount of paper work to do tomorrow.

Gotta run.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby DonicaB » February 9th, 2007, 12:16 pm

I didn't realize I hadn't written in my journal since Tuesday. I have been so busy catching up with my school work and my son has had a basketball game every night this week. That has been a little difficult because he always wants to stop and get something to eat after the game. So far, I have managed to not order anything except a diet pepsi or something like that. I hate constantly being on the go. :redprowl: Actually I really enjoy watching him play, I just don't like how it messes up my routine at times.

Today was the 2nd weigh in day here at school for the Biggest Loser Challenge. I was really excited to see that I am down 5# since the last time I weighed here at school, which was 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure where that puts me on total weight lost, so I am just going to wait until Sunday to see what my scales say at home.

I have been sleeping much better lately. As a matter of fact, I have not been waking up at all the last few nights, even to use the restroom. It has felt really good. :snooze:

Well, gotta run.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby DonicaB » February 11th, 2007, 6:59 am

Well, I am very happy this morning. I am now in the 20# club. I have had a very busy week and my routine was anything but normal. It was also TOM week so I wasn't really expecting any loss.

My husband and I went to a Marriage Enrichment Day at our church yesterday. It was wonderful. I am so blessed to have found such a wonderful man. We have been married for 19 years (it will be 20 in August). I was just reminded yesterday of how thankful and grateful I am for having him in my life. He is so wonderfully supportive of me and has been encouraging me every day. He tells me daily how proud he is of me. I just :heart: LOVE :heart: that man.

I will be working at our FLIP house again today. Since we went to the marriage day yesterday, we didn't get any work done. So, after church today we will be going out to do some more painting, etc. We have a great deal of work to do before we will be ready to list it. We are hoping to have the majority of the work done by mid-March.

Well, Gotta run.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Karli » February 11th, 2007, 9:16 am

Hey, Doncia. It sounds like you are in a very healthy state right now. Keep up the fantastic work !!

Cheers,
Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » February 11th, 2007, 10:20 am

Congrats on the club! I love getting to move up! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal